• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 7, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 07, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 07, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 07, 2021

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When does being fit and healthy start to feel good?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 03:11 AM PDT

    Sorry for the length - but basically it's been 9 weeks and I feel like literal shit all the time.

    I'm posting this because I need to know when those positive feelings will kick in. You know the ones that healthy and athletic people are always talking about. How a consistently healthy diet and working out give them more energy, better sleep, better overall mood, keep your mind sharp, etc, etc.

    Ill start off by saying that I (31/F) haven't exercised in 10 years, and then a little over two months ago began to hit the gym hard. Long story - but major mental shift happened and I'm leaning in.

    I hired a personal trainer and have been working out 4 days a week for over 9 weeks now. Each session is two hours. 15 min elliptical warm up. 1 hour weight lifting. 45 min stair master to finish.

    My trainer has been helping me with figuring out food, as I know "abs are made in the kitchen". I take a picture of everything I eat to show them in order to make sure I am doing it right, and drink almost a gallon of water a day. I started using a calorie counter and am learning about macros, all in the hopes of achieving my goal of losing 25 lbs by end of summer/early fall.

    And basically every moment has been exceedingly unpleasant.

    Physically I'm exhausted and grumpy. I feel heavy - like my body is made of stone. I move slower. I've had to visit the doctor 3 times for major issues with constipation, nausea, migraines, fatigue so bad I had to stay home from work once or twice, and my hormones have gone crazy and so I've had to go on birth control to manage. I generally have little to no energy at all times, and do not feel good before, during, or after I work out. I honestly feel best (which is not great) when I have a day of rest. When I can just lie down and not move.

    Mentally I'm in a fog and dizzy half the time. I feel unattractive and bigger that I've ever been before, even though I've been receiving compliments from friends and coworkers on my weight loss (so I'm objectively noticeably smaller). It's the oddest thing.

    Honestly - in the last 10 years of eating whatever I wanted and never going to the gym I've had little to no issue with energy, a positive mood, and solid self esteem. I've always pretty much felt great and liked the way I looked, and enjoyed being active but only if it looked fun. Ex. Walking a new city for hours on end, riding ATV's, surfing, archery...whatever. but not like going to the gym to build muscle/lose fat active. I was a generally happy person.

    Oh, and as for weight loss, I've lost 7 lbs in 9 weeks. Trainer says its normal and good to go slow so that it stays off, but its not the most encouraging thing to feel terrible and see almost no positive results myself.

    Anyways - I just need to know when being fitness and health focused starts to feel worth it? This shit is awful.

    submitted by /u/quandomenvooooo
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought 100+lbs of chains, how do I properly program them into my routine!

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys! Bought ( http://imgur.com/a/YPPWts5 ) some new chains for my home gym. (Only 2/4 pictured)

    Been loving using them for my lifts from bicep curls to Inc pressing. But I'm trying to workout how to best program them into an intermediate routine!

    Struggling to find many routines that include them and would love some feedback on how you guys would program them in!

    Goal ATM is I'm cutting down but want to add some strength onto a couple lifts ideally! Or at worst maintain.

    submitted by /u/HPIDDYfanboy101
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 06, 2021

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How much muscle mass did i gain?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:20 AM PDT

    Just doubled my food, ate everything in sight. No training whatsoever. Starting weight was around 47 kgs, now currently at 64.5 kgs. How much of it was muscle do you reckon?

    http://imgur.com/a/rTX4aPY

    submitted by /u/Vik_rants
    [link] [comments]

    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Quarterly Book, Blog and Podcast Megathread

    Posted: 05 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Quarterly Book, Blog and Podcast Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing fitness related books, blogs and podcasts that you enjoy, or taught you something useful about fitness.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment