• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 06, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 06, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 06, 2021

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Would walking be able to consider exercise?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:23 AM PST

    I weigh 315lbs. I'm looking for a low intensity workout that isn't super tough on my joints and doesn't completely drain me.

    Walking has been working great for me. I usually walk and hour and a half to two hours before im pretty worn and sore. Could I consider this a workout?

    submitted by /u/26514
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:54 PM PST

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Broomstick twist is too easy. What am I likely doing wrong?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:13 AM PST

    I use a hockey stick to put behind my back, lean back a bit, and rotate my core mainly. What I've learned is that if it seems too easy, you're probably not gaining anything. I do 30 twists usually and it doesn't hurt (not fit at all). How many reps do you recommend doing and any tips on what I'm probably doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/BizTech321
    [link] [comments]

    Depressing start to strength workouts

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:10 AM PST

    To start off with, I should say that my cardio fitness level is quite good already. I've been running half marathons and have been doing long-distance cycling for the better part of two years now. In order to get some muscle on my frame, I've been meaning to start incorporating some strength training for a while now. I figured that today was as good a day as any to start, so I looked up a beginner strength routine for biceps/triceps that looked doable. The workout I found was a good mix of exercises to train both. The workout clearly said that I should start light, focussing on form while doing 4 sets of 15 reps of each of the exercises with 90 seconds of recuperation time in between.

    The first exercise went fine, with good form, but I started noticing that the later exercises I was having trouble completing the sets, even after reducing the amount of weight on the dumbbels. It was so depressing, that I didn't even finish the workout.

    Is this to be expected when starting out or am I just doing it wrong?

    submitted by /u/Bigloav
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment