• Breaking News

    Friday, January 15, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: My chest is embarrassingly flat. Can I change that? What kind of routine am I looking at?

    Beginner Fitness: My chest is embarrassingly flat. Can I change that? What kind of routine am I looking at?


    My chest is embarrassingly flat. Can I change that? What kind of routine am I looking at?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:49 PM PST

    Hi! Firstly, for context: I stopped growing in middle school; I'm 22 now. Not only am I a short guy but my chest never really "developed" either. (Not sure why, I wasn't malnourished..) I kid you not my chest looks similar to this. I always feel like I look like a child so I keep my shirt on.

    With that being said, can I workout to give myself the 'defined pec' look? I'm willing to put in the work. I just want to know if this is a reasonable goal and how I should go about it as someone who's never seriously worked out before. I searched around a bit but my question is kind of specific.

    submitted by /u/SirLesbian
    [link] [comments]

    Hopefully This Will Help Motivate You

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:59 AM PST

    In 2016 I injured my knee beyond repair. Walking was hard, sitting for too long was hard, anything that requires bending my knee was unbearable. So I got pretty heavy and unhealthy very quickly. After fighting with the VA (veterans affairs) for therapy and trying to get it fixed, I finally was able to get help starting late 2019. It didn't last long, but the work they did got me healed enough that I could start walking. I started walking at the park around the corner from my house. That went on for over a month before I started branching out to other parks and eventually started hiking up mountains.

    I just went back to my original park yesterday and walked the trail...I could not believe how far I've come. When I first started, I could barely make it half way in an hour and I would be so out of breath. I'd be tired, I'd be sweaty. And I remember how accomplished I felt when I was able to complete the trail and then walk all the way back to my house instead of driving.

    I started walking back in August...160lbs, 4'10". Today I am 142lbs, exercising and hiking regularly. I have so much more energy and definitely notice a difference in my endurance. I've been feeling unmotivated lately and wanting to give up, but after walking my old trail I was reminded how far I've come. My pants are loose, my shirts are now pajamas, and I look in the mirror and am proud of what I see, even though I'm still overweight. So if you're feeling unmotivated, keep going, keep trying, and take time to look back at old pictures or do a routine you haven't done since you started. You might surprise and encourage yourself.

    submitted by /u/BreakingGaia
    [link] [comments]

    I’m just super proud of myself and have no one to tell

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 10:07 PM PST

    I'm just getting used to the weight room. Starting with low weight, gathering form and just learning the equipment.

    I was just starting to get pretty confident and branching out into a routine then covid hit. No gym for 3 weeks, felt like I lost all my progress in that 3 week span.

    Went back to the gym the day before yesterday, left early because I felt "weak". Spent all the next day feeling sorry for myself. Today I said, fuck your dude. Walked in there, jump ropes for 15 minutes straight, did 10 rounds of ropes, did a chest workout, and jump roped 5 mins to cool down.

    Sorry if this is sappy, I don't have a battle buddy for the gym and self motivation has always been hard for me, I'm just really proud of myself and can't wait for tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/Fredent
    [link] [comments]

    12 Best Resistance Band Back Exercises For Muscle Building

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 04:27 AM PST

    Building a bigger and stronger back is a dream for many of us. We all want to build a v shape back with bigger lats, but we do not have any effective back workout program that will help in muscle building.

    submitted by /u/Buildingbeast
    [link] [comments]

    I’m underweight with a high body fat percentage (need help)

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:54 PM PST

    So I'm a little underweight but my stomach kind of protrudes. Also, whenever I walk it jiggles. I've been lifting weights for a while and I've noticed by biceps are slightly bigger. I can't go on a calorie deficit because I'm already underweight, but I want to appear more toned. I'm scared if I start eating more my body fat will become worse. What do I do? Are there any exercises you suggest I can do at home?

    submitted by /u/Sennaspeed01
    [link] [comments]

    Warm-up your body and ease tension to find a better Posture with this Beginners Gentle Pilates workout.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:57 AM PST

    This 20 min workout is suitable for all levels and will introduce your body to Pilates. Warm-up, stretch and find your center with this gentle Pilates workout for beginners. Join me now and take steps towards feeling your absolute best through balancing your body and mind.

    https://youtu.be/PJLN1kAzbyw

    submitted by /u/AalayaPilates
    [link] [comments]

    Balance Workout for EVERYONE - IMPROVE your BALANCE and COORDINATON

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 06:12 AM PST

    Join this free challenge this New Year! DAY 6 Full Body/Abs | Hourglass Figure Challenge

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 05:44 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment