• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Starting from the bottom...are 15 min walks sufficient for now?

    Beginner Fitness: Starting from the bottom...are 15 min walks sufficient for now?


    Starting from the bottom...are 15 min walks sufficient for now?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:41 AM PST

    Hi everyone :) I'm embarrassed to post this, but I (26F) am 5'6' and just reached 300 lbs for the second time in my life. Last time I lost 110 lbs, I severely restricted my caloric intake and didn't work out at all. I am really wanting to get some endurance and recover from being almost completely sedentary since March (covid). I am planning on doing CICO (around 1500 calories) and started day 1 of going for a brisk walk in the morning. As I am obese and my endurance is trash, 15 mins is enough to get me sweating. Is this a good place to start? Will the walks even do anything at all?

    submitted by /u/Spacewanderess
    [link] [comments]

    How to measure progress without focusing on weight or inches?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:57 PM PST

    F22 here, fairly slim but I've always struggled with my stomach and decided to finally stop complaining and do something about it. I'm starting out by walking 45 minutes on a treadmill at 3mph with a 2inch incline in the last ten minutes. Adding supplemental things here and there—some calisthenics, ballet, yoga, etc. when I feel like i want to keep it going.

    I'm starting to exercise because I'm unhappy with my fitness level, and to some degree, the way my body looks. My main goals are health (I guess stamina and a stronger body?) and confidence. I want some way to measure progress and though I AM hoping to get a little leaner in the process, looking at numbers like inches and pounds always leads me to unhealthy behaviors that I'd like to avoid. For now I'm thinking I'll take a nude everyday after the workout to see my confidence grow haha. Any other tips?

    submitted by /u/darnyoulikeasock
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for two people trying to work out in a tiny apartment during the winter?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:25 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    My gf and I want to start working out, starting off small then working our way up. We've been walking about a mile every week but plan to up that to hopefully 3 - 4 times a week. I have some weights and resistance bands that I havent had a chance to use yet but I was wondering what kind of workouts can we do indoors with limited space and winter around the corner?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

    submitted by /u/lethalsid
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner Workouts for building the glutes and gaining weight

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:40 PM PST

    Hi guys!

    I've been dealing with depression for a while now, but it's caused me to lose a lot of healthy weight and that's made a big mark in my self esteem. Currently I'm standing at 5"3 and 98 lbs, I hate the fact that I'm all skin and bones and absolutely NO MUSCLE, considering I used to be 110 lbs and very fit because I played basketball and ran track back in high school.

    If there is anybody out here who can give me tips on how to build healthy weight and muscle that would be amazing and so appreciated! I'm specifically looking to grow my glutes as well (unfortunately with me losing this weight, I've lost everything else too:// ) But if anybody can just help in general/give any tips for beginner workout plans I'd be so happy!

    TLDR: Lost a lot of weight from depression and am looking to gain the weight & muscle back, but need tips! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

    submitted by /u/IGotA_Feeling000
    [link] [comments]

    A quick Standing Ab workout for a stronger core | Beginner Friendly

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Hey all, found a great free fitness social network that helps me build and track my workouts and stats easily

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:02 AM PST

    I recently found a site that I've been using during the COVID to help me make and track my workouts super easily. It's https://www.groupbeast.com and I'd thought I'd share it since I just got back into working out and I'd bet it would help someone like me

    submitted by /u/Elucid99
    [link] [comments]

    Warming up

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:54 AM PST

    So when I want to start my workout everyday I start with a 10-13 minutes slow-to-gradually-fast session on the treadmill. Is it enough?

    submitted by /u/AplusMMM
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment