• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 16, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Just did my first 5km run without stopping!

    Beginner Fitness: Just did my first 5km run without stopping!


    Just did my first 5km run without stopping!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:22 AM PST

    On the 7th of November after never running more than a few KM in my life I started running and taking it seriously, my first run was 2.7km, pace of 9.40 min/km and I stopped multiple times

    Today I just ran my first ever 5km without stopping ! 5.2km to be exact, 34 minutes and 6.40 min/km

    I want to get to a 25 minute 5k but I'm so bloody proud of myself and love that I can see progress!!

    submitted by /u/Dchhc
    [link] [comments]

    Low intensity workouts that I can build on?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:09 PM PST

    TL;DR: I want to become fit, but need suggestions on home workouts that start small and increase slowly in intensity due to a chronic pain issue.

    Hi everyone, Currently I'm not particularly fit due to an overuse injury in the spring that left me with chronic hip bursitis. I'm looking for some suggestions on how I can start to become more fit without ramping anything up too quickly. Because of my hip injury, I probably can't currently do more than 10 minutes of intense exercise. I have a treadmill, a yoga mat and some light weights at home, but I have no equipment other than that and am not able to go to a gym. I also own an Apple Watch if that helps. Any suggestions on home workouts that I can gradually build the intensity of would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

    submitted by /u/50sdaydream
    [link] [comments]

    I had so much fun creating this X-mas Dance workout. It's a 10 min Cardio Workout good for any level! I hope this helps you start your fitness journey and have fun at the same time. Enjoy! :)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 11:17 PM PST

    I can lift heavier weights but only when doing certain exercises..

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    Theres a routine I'd like to start. Its 3x a week and a bench and dumbells are needed (which I have).

    The question I have... is... should I lift lighter weights so I can complete the routine? As I cant use my 10kgs to bench press tbh as they are too heavy for me to do that, but I can easily curl them, but feel my 8kgs are light..

    submitted by /u/G_H_O_S_T-
    [link] [comments]

    Gyms closed AGAIN in Toronto, so I made a new at-home workout. Would love tips or advice!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Hey r/beginnerfitness. The COVID pandemic has made me want to improve myself so I decided to start working out more often. However, gyms have closed for the second time and I finally decided to just get at-home workout equipment (resistance bands, kettle bell, etc) and I made a workout that fits that equipment instead of the equipment I had at the gym.

    I build and track my workouts on GroupBeast so here's a link to it (https://www.groupbeast.com/workout/5f63e9deb6fa3b0017468fc6). I made it so its mostly a full body workout. I'd love some new exercise ideas as well.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_WORKOUT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment