• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 26, 2020

    Bodybuilding: Daily Discussion Thread: 11/25/2020

    Bodybuilding: Daily Discussion Thread: 11/25/2020


    Daily Discussion Thread: 11/25/2020

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:00 PM PST

    Feel free to post things in the Daily Discussion Thread that don't warrant a subreddit-level discussion. Although most of our posting rules will be relaxed here, you should still consider your audience when posting. Most importantly, show respect to your fellow redditors. General redditiquette always applies.

    submitted by /u/bodybuildingbot
    [link] [comments]

    Training Thursdays

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:00 AM PST

    Submit form checks, programs, questions about programs and program success stories (especially if you saw growth from it).

    submitted by /u/bodybuildingbot
    [link] [comments]

    Just competed in first Men's Physique Show. (OCB)

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:52 PM PST

    I just competed in my first Men's Physique show at the OCB Desert Valley Classic. Placed 1st as a novice and 3rd in the open category.

    I've been lifting for a while now and because of Shelter in Place, out here in California, I wanted to avoid putting on weight. I adapted my gym workout to home workouts the best I could. Couldn't really replace bench or weighted pull ups. The gyms opened up again in my country and I reached out to a coach from YouTube (Pro Physique) at the end of August. I didn't want to just half prep for this. I was told that since I was in a good starting place competition could be an option. They just made minor adjustments to my nutrition but I was already tracking my calories, macros and all that. They even eventually put me back into cardio.

    I got a posing coach at the insistence of my coach. This coach was a good drive away and I thought everything was going great but I kept getting negative feedback from my main coach. The feedback was how I'm not activating my lats, incorrectly positioned and I'm doing more of an open bodybuilders pose. I shared that feedback to my posing coach and got a rely about we've been spending the time working on muscle activation. I was disheartened to hear that I was spending a month driving far to do things I could do at home, while still messing up on a front pose. The posing coach was from OCBs website and the other coaches never replied. After, I ended working with a coach that never trained people for the OCB.

    I'm glad I took the time and worked my butt off. I'm glad I got advice to ask for feedback. Most of the stuff are little things I can change easily.

    I

    submitted by /u/Mchl496
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment