• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Time under tension vs controlled speed?

    Beginner Fitness: Time under tension vs controlled speed?


    Time under tension vs controlled speed?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:57 PM PST

    By general rule everyone says that time under tension is the way to go for proper volume. But last week or so I've also come across a tread here that said, to summarise - "your should aim to finish a rep as fast as possible without using gravity or ruining form". And I keep thinking back to this. If I bench 5x100kg x5, I would definitely take more time to finish each rep, than I would pumping out 12x80kg. While total volume is about the same for both variations, the time under tension for each rep is wildly different. Or is the time under tension added up "total per set", not "per rep", in which case it would even out too? Help me understand, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Iceblock
    [link] [comments]

    How to find time to exercise while distance learning.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:21 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm 15 and I've been doing distance learning since March. Thing is, I've put on a little bit of weight from being in front of a computer for months. I just recently had a doctor's appointment and she said that my blood pressure was high and that I should lose 5-10 pounds. In order to do this, I need to exercise and eat better but I don't know how to do the first part when my time is consumed in front of a computer.

    My school runs between 7:00-2:00, but then I have like 3 hours of homework afterwards, which brings me to 5:00 pm. Because daylight savings has started, it now is pretty dark by 5:00 pm. So my opportunity to go for a walk is gone by the time I finish my homework (I'm starting myself off with a couple walks, but then I'm gonna graduate to a jog and then maybe even a run later on).

    What do I do? I have pretty bad anxiety, so I kind of need myself to finish my homework before I do anything else, lest I near a panic attack. It's not great but it's what I have to work with.

    Any advice?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/how_about_no00
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my deadlift

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:33 AM PST

    So I have this problem with doing deadlifts. When i try put on higher weight, then i start doing the exercise in like 2 movements. Legs go up first and then the back just follows up. It doesnt look pretty and i dont think its good for my back. Any tips to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Windex450
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment