• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:44 AM PST

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness Goals 68kg 164cm 30yo

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:36 AM PST

    Alrighty guys. I'm posting this because:

    - I'm recovering from an SSRI that failed epically and in amongst rebuilding the rubble of my brain, it's hard for me to remember some things eg exercise

    - Goal is 30 minutes stationary biking a day, an minimum

    - Maintain this goal after returning to work, plus increase to a 1hr session on the weekend.

    - Fitbit is being purchased

    - Also continue to cook, eat mostly organically (cos girl reproductive problems) and keep up with my zero waste efforts too

    - Hopefully long term effect is weight loss and increased fitness and a good body fat percentage

    So far, I tend to do more short intense bursts of biking and then slowing down for a regular pace, with a couple of short breaks in between. I'm pleasantly surprised that there's been almost no soreness, I'm guessing this is a good thing? Probs indicates that I can do more fairly easily?

    Any feedback, improvements etc?

    Edit: okay this makes more sense now: I want to implement and maintain all these things in my day to day life for maybe 6 months until I have the emotional energy and money to go through seeing a rotation of doctors again to approve a diet too and maybe lose weight if it doesn't pop some other random thing out of balance. In the meantime I will track my food intake so I can go to them w solid info.

    Thanks for the brainstorming, this helped alot xx

    submitted by /u/woosterthunkit
    [link] [comments]

    best way to lose bf and maintain weight?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:13 AM PST

    I'm currently about 155 lbs, 18, and like 17-18% body fat, wanna get to around 10-12%

    How can I do this while maintaining my weight and building muscle as well?

    submitted by /u/void126
    [link] [comments]

    I'm feeling at a loss. 160lbs/ 5"8/ Male

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:13 AM PST

    Hi all. I'm feeling at a loss right now. I cut down to 135 lbs (i'm 5 foot 8) to try get ripped, and had a very slim physique was pretty ripped and then spend a year of TRAINING HARD! I got up to 175 lbs, and I did gain a fair amount of fat, but I also gained a really good amount of muscle. I was content with how I looked in clothing for the most part, my arms were the biggest they've ever been and also my legs. I got to maybe 18% bodyfat at 175lbs so have since been doing a very slow cut down (1lbs-1.5lbs a week max). I'm currently at 160 lbs now but now that I'm looking in the mirror, I can't help but feel like i've lost so much mass already. My goal was to hopefully get down to 150 lbs and be as cut as I was when I was at 135lbs (because of all the extra muscle i'd gained) but I have a feeling that when I am down to 150 I am going to feel like i'm too small with still a bit of body fat... and I really don't want to go lower than that as then it just feels like this whole year of heavy lifting and bulking was for nothing.

    So far, i've been able to maintain my lifts, i'm doing a PPL routine 6 times a week, and ensuring to eat 130+ of protein per day, so all of that is dialed in whereas previously i only did cardio when cutting. I was really hoping this time around while lifting hard, high protein, and a slow cut would make a difference to my physique when at target body weight but all these extra efforts i'm putting in doesn't seem to be doing much at all.

    Where am I going wrong?

    For reference when I ended my cut in Jan I was benching 25kg each side and curling 17.5kg, and now i'm benching 40kg each side and curling for 25kg so I have definitely gained in strength and i'm keeping my strength while cutting. I can't help but feel like maybe I should have continued bulking more so that I had more muscle to cut down to or whether i've made the right decision and to start a slow bulk when I hit 150lbs, regardless of how much bodyfat I have.

    I'd estimate my BF is about 15% right now, and think it'll probably be 13% or so when I do get to 150.

    submitted by /u/Nevzat666
    [link] [comments]

    How to choose a therapist?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:36 AM PST

    It's become blindingly obvious I'm unable to control my eating habits on my own the only option I've got left is to see a therapist. Those of you who have been to a therapist especially for weight/eating issues what sort of things should I looking for?

    My biggest problem is my binge eating and being unable to stop myself from stuffing my face even though I know it's wrong.

    submitted by /u/TotalWasteofLife
    [link] [comments]

    Transition routine

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:30 AM PST

    So I have been doing the same routine for several months now, one of the type of a lot of reps but not with max weight. Now I was thinking it was time to start with volume, less reps but more weight, you know. Would The change be too sudden and I should do a few sessions with a 50/50 routine or am I ok with starting volume next session already?

    submitted by /u/Danubecel
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have Jeff Nippard's advanced/intermediate PPL program?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:47 AM PST

    Just finished his Upper/Lower 9 week program, and I saw some really good strength and size gains. So I'd like to try the Push/pull/legs programs.

    Anyone have a Google docs or pdf?

    submitted by /u/matheriksen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment