• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Starting to work out

    Beginner Fitness: Starting to work out


    Starting to work out

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Hey! I'm 22F and terribly unfit. I am 170cm and way 58kg, meaning I'm on the thinner side, but still very average. Throughout the years I just never really got a hang of the whole working out thing and therefore never properly worked out. I don't mind exercise, but I get easily demotivated and because of my low fitness level quickly discouraged. I really, really want to get fitter though, I want to be able to run quicker and still be able to touch my toes once I'm forty! Now I was hoping that maybe all of you would be able to recommend some easy starting points and maybe offer some motivation. I would be very grateful and until then wish you all the best and a lovely day!

    submitted by /u/Louie7890
    [link] [comments]

    Gym noob, looking to shed 100 pounds.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm extremely overweight (5"6 250lbs) female, which was a new development after college and I'm working really hard to correct this before I suffer adverse health effects. I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for six weeks shy of being sick and on holidays/long weekends. My workouts have been fairly soft up until this point, but I've lost 23lbs already by keeping my calories under 1700 most days. I'm really starting to push myself in the gym now and am burning a total of 3400 calories a day according to my Fitbit, while still keeping my intake to 1700 give or take a hundred or so calories a day. My diet is pretty healthy, albeit pretty high in red meat and animal based protein, and my workouts are about 65 minutes of elliptical, burning about 500 calories in a fat burning rate, followed by 30-40 minutes of weights and machines in targeted areas. I just started taking a preworkout now that I'm going harder, and I take a BCAA. I'm wondering if this is sustainable for loss, and if anyone has advice to lose this weight in the healthiest way possible. While I do want to dump it as quickly as possible I also want to be healthy. I hope to get to a point where I can run 8 miles an hour every morning (on top of weights/machines at the gym), obviously waiting until I shed enough weight to reduce messing up my knees permanently. Please let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/xaxathkamu
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. I'm so weak.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I had major surgery about 2.5 months ago and I wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than 2kg until recently. I lost a severe amount of muscle mass/strength as a result. Shortly after, I fell sick and didn't eat anything for close to a week meaning I lost even more. I'm not sure where to start as I'm so weak.

    At home, I've got dumbbells and the smallest mass is 2kg. How can I use these to strengthen all of my muscle groups?

    submitted by /u/messedupET
    [link] [comments]

    Body recomposition

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I began my fitness journey in April.

    Lost 11 kg (about 24 lbs) from april to july, with the pure help of a calorie deficit.

    Gained around 8-9 kg back because of lost interest.

    I am now looking to try a body recompisition.

    And i was wondering, if i should just eat maintenance with high protein (around 1,6g pr kg or 1g pr lbs) or if i should be bulking for a bit, then shredding later on.

    I've tried researching but i've gotten both answers (lean bulk and maintenance)

    But could a slight calorie deficit with high protein be the way to go or what?

    If you would like to give any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/LordYenn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment