• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: The CDC's guide to starting physical fitness is actually pretty great!

    Beginner Fitness: The CDC's guide to starting physical fitness is actually pretty great!


    The CDC's guide to starting physical fitness is actually pretty great!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    I felt a bit inclined to post this because when I was starting to become more physically active, I found it really difficult to just choose some routine to focus on. Whenever I googled fitness advice, I remember feeling that a lot of search results were either for short-term tips (i.e. how to do a specific exercise like a proper form pushup, but not give a routine) or worse were articles / videos designed to emotionally manipulate you. By this I am referring to gurus who want to get you to buy their programs / supplements / equipment, setting unrealistic goals like getting a six pack in two weeks, etc.

    There's a lot of noise when it comes to fitness and health articles online. I'm not saying all health articles are bad because many are a great reference. But it can make the process of starting fitness seem a lot more complicated than it actually is. What I find so great about the CDC's guidelines is how it sets simple concrete goals for fitness and is flexible to your needs and interests. That's what I think is most important about starting fitness: building a specific routine with activities you find enjoyable (or at the very least meet your practical needs). For the most part when I was starting fitness, I just recorded the time I walked, ran, hiked or biked each week and set a specific time to my needs. I would push myself to do better times and stuff, but I never made it too complicated. I just tried to meet a certain time of physical activity each week to build a routine.

    Using external resources like articles and videos will be necessary for adding gradually more complicated exercises. However the CDC's routine recommendations are a simple, stress-free and unbiased start to fitness. Check out some of their resources here:

    submitted by /u/ThereWolves
    [link] [comments]

    Control is really important when working the abs. Don’t use momentum, use your muscles. This 15 minute core workout uses all the core muscles for an intense workout.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    THE AQUAMAN WORKOUT

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    THE AQUAMAN WORKOUT

    A circuit of 7 exercises that you can do at home for strength and stamina.

    https://youtu.be/GjcbvxR9KoQ

    submitted by /u/murshid_akram
    [link] [comments]

    BEGINNER: TOTAL BODY CIRCUIT TRAINING WORKOUT- 10 MIN WORKOUT AT HOME NO EQUIPMENT

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment