• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 23, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Lifting Between Episodes

    Beginner Fitness: Lifting Between Episodes


    Lifting Between Episodes

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I was wondering if there is a benifit of doing one set with dumbbells between episodes.

    I just started doing one set of curls, shoulder press, lateral raises, and tricep extentions. I do one set of each and then start the next episode.

    (I do usually do a full 30 minute workout per day where I do 3 sets of everything with a 30 second rest between.)

    Edit: Sorry, I meant television shows. A regular 30 minute program.

    submitted by /u/deadxlast
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Abs homework for people with mobility difficulties.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/3KKWSKFcfa4

    Enjoy this 5 Mins Abs workout using a chair. Feel free to share to family and friends who might find it useful!

    submitted by /u/Oni_Aesthetics
    [link] [comments]

    I always hear talk about different protein supplements and I get thoroughly confused

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Can anyone give me a basic rundown of good quality supplements and how to effectively use them?

    submitted by /u/rartedgaylord
    [link] [comments]

    A fitness board game coming soon

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Complete Set of asana practice for beginners, a step by step routine from warm-up to progress.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    morning beginners Yoga Stretches for back

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    A Beginner’s Guide to Fitness & Nutrition: Research Based Educational Content & Free Workout Programs

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    I recently wrote a collection of free detailed workouts and research based educational content for my own personal training clients that I thought might be helpful to some of you here. This is essentially every bit of info that I'd want to teach a new client within the first month or two of training, all laid out in an easy to follow format.

    All programs emphasize free weights, target either strength and/or hypertrophy, include supplemental fat loss cardio, and can be downloaded for free in high resolution for easy access. Accompanying the workout programs on my site are research based articles that dive into the 'why' and 'how' behind major exercise/nutrition topics and provide you with the tools to design and/or tweak your own routines and be more self-sufficient.

    While there's a ton of useful stuff all throughout the site (I'm biased) and I'd love for you to browse around, the following links are probably the most important, as they focus on major exercise/nutrition topics and are great starting points for beginners.

    • Nutrition: Fueling For Fitness - How nutrition habits affect exercise performance and research based dietary strategies to help maximize muscle growth, efficiently lose fat, and get the most out of your workouts. (If it's too long, start with section 7)
    • Strength & Hypertrophy: A Programming Guide - The very basics of strength/hypertrophy training and how to design an effective, research based weight training program.
    • Fat Loss​ Programming - How we lose weight through cardiovascular exercise and an easy to follow, research based guide for fat loss programming.
    • Beginner - This program is an introductory weight lifting routine designed to familiarize those that have little to no previous exercise experience with a few basic movement patterns and the barbell. If you're interested in incorporating a more serious weight training program into your routine but don't know where or how to begin, this is the place to start. This program is ideally meant to serve as a temporary (2-6 month) learning period that allows new lifters to transition onto more intense and higher frequency routines. The Beginner includes free templates you can download for the Strong app. The other free full programs can be found on the site.

    If you have any feedback/questions, shoot them my way. I'd love to help out if I can. I hope you find the above content useful.

    Thanks!

    Sam

    submitted by /u/SamStephens
    [link] [comments]

    Any 20-30 min workouts at home for upper body ?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm 23 years old male .I'm living active life , I'm playing bastketball , I'm huge cycling fan ,tennis fan . My legs are strong and much bigger than my upper body. I never ever had been to gym, and really I don't want to , but I want to work on my upper body at home to make my whole body more
    proportionate. I'm looking for 20-30 min workouts ,youtube videos , and any type of fitness tips to atleast little bit improve my upper body over autumn and winter . Thank you .

    submitted by /u/ernere
    [link] [comments]

    Should I eat before or after working out?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I usually do my workouts after work, around dinner time. I can't decide if it's best to do it before or after!

    submitted by /u/tastesofhoney
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment