• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Wanting to be overall more fit/toned/muscular but have no idea how to do it?

    Beginner Fitness: Wanting to be overall more fit/toned/muscular but have no idea how to do it?


    Wanting to be overall more fit/toned/muscular but have no idea how to do it?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I'm a 5'0, 115 lbs. female who wants to get my body in shape. I am currently skinny fat; my stomach pooch is very apparent and I have somewhat of a butt (but not very much). I would love some advice on the following: - how to prioritize my physical health? I have a habit of working out consistently for weeks, not seeing results and then giving up. I was in nursing school and I would use studying as an excuse to not go to the gym. How long does it realistically take to see any kind of change? - at the gym, I currently do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of lifting weights about 3x a week. I've heard this is not effective at all. Anyone have any ideas for a good gym split for beginners? - should I be eating at a caloric deficit or at an excess? I want to build muscle but according to my scale my body fat percentage is 30.4%.

    Thank you so much 😊

    submitted by /u/skypink2019
    [link] [comments]

    How does building muscle actually work?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I've been at the gym for about 6 weeks and have during that time been researching a lot about fitness. I'm overwhelmed, there's a lot of exercise plans, diets e.t.c. What I understand is that it boils down to eating enough protein, is there anything else I need to know?

    Since I'm sixteen, I've also read that I shouldn't lift weights, is that true?

    submitted by /u/Miltendo
    [link] [comments]

    How do I do a squat without lifting my heels off the ground?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    So I was trying to do squats for the first time in about three years or something like that and I found that I can't do them without lifting my heels off the ground, especially my right heel (I can kind of force it on my left heel). I've heard this is some kind of mobility issue but is there a name for whatever this mobility issue is? Are there exercises to alleviate this? My form otherwise seems to be quite good, but this is the only part I just can't get right. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with this.

    submitted by /u/deeznutsenthusiast66
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I start to add exercises to my routine to ensure a full body workout throughout the week? Routine in comments

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Hey I recently got back into working out. I'm working out at home and have kettle bells, squat rack, pull up bar and some dumb bells.

    I used to work out a lot in high school but haven't done much in over a decade. I am not sure where to pick back up and am cobbling these workouts together from articles online. Any advice on where to go, how to organize muscle groups, or even reading material would be much appreciated.

    I've been working out 3 times a week in a circuit

    Day 1 10 burpees with a 45lb kettle bell 6 overhand wide grip pull ups 10 situps feet secured 10 dumb bell bicep curls 35 lbs Repeat circuit three times

    Day 2 10 squats with 45lb and 35lb kettle bell side by side 10 deadlifts 100lbs (my form isn't great so that's my main focus before increasing weight) 6 overhand pull-ups Repeat circuit three times

    Day 3 10 tricep extensions 35 lb kettle bell 10 kettle bell swings 45 lbs 10 bicep curls 35lbs Plank 1 minute Repeat circuit 3 times

    submitted by /u/opinionmachine42
    [link] [comments]

    PHUL workout, some questions.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    i have switched from BRO split build workout to PHUL. i have some questions about it.
    1. Is PHUL more effective than bro split for a natural lifter? cause i don't feel sore after working out.

    1. In the power days , i aim to to get highest weight i can lift for just 5 reps, it's challenging but i don't feel sore after.

    2. in hypertrophy days, i aim to get highest weight i can lift for 10 reps.
      Am i doing these correctly ?

    submitted by /u/amratef
    [link] [comments]

    Haven’t exercised for a decade and a half

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    So I have not exercised really since high school, and I'm super out of shape and have fat I'd like to get rid of. My therapist wants me to get moving for some dopamine and serationin. My one crutch is my tummy. I have IBS and Colitis, so very strenuous movement results in not good things. So I want to start soft in that area. My only workout tools are a yoga mat and some big cans that are right at 5lbs.

    I want to start a daily routine that I can do indoors, I've got some areas to target, and a few ideas. I want to keep everything simple as possible to ease myself into this. Here's what I got so far:

    Butt/thighs-squats

    Stomach- crunches

    Chest- girlie push-ups

    Arms?

    I'd really appreciate some insight, I want it to be fun and positive.

    submitted by /u/dare-blau
    [link] [comments]

    Eating

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    I've been working it recently, not much but frequently. I have no idea when I should eat or what to eat. I'm unhealthy in that manner and I don't really know what is proper.

    submitted by /u/riverofb
    [link] [comments]

    Which of these workouts are dangerous?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    I am a noob, following this Arnold guide: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/arnold-schwarzenegger-volume-workout-routines

    I was told upright row is really bad after doing it for months! Any other exercises on the list that are not recommended?

    submitted by /u/Glass-Choice
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment