• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Why cant I feel my chest muscles doing work??

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    I've been doing dumbell presses (on the floor because I dont have a bench) and I cant feel my chest muscles doing any work. My chest has never been sore, I feel like my arms are doing all the work and they get sore the next day, but never my chest. Can you please help me?? Thanks _^

    submitted by /u/Azooz321
    [link] [comments]

    What's your opinion on Push/Pull splits?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I've been running a Push/Pull/Legs split for about 1.5 years and I'm looking for something a little different. I've heard about Push/Pull splits a while a go and I'm wondering if I should give them a try. Basically all the volume from Leg days from the original PPL is allocated into Push and Pull days according to the specific movement pattern (e.g. squats on push days, deadlifts on pull days). I think this is a pretty good idea since I tend to feel quite exhausted by the end of leg days (I only have access to barbells and dumbbells; no machines) and the remaining sets feel like "wasted sets". Also there is an increase in frequency from 2x per week to 3x per week which should be slightly beneficial for hypertrophy.

    Let me know what you think about this split; if you've ever tried it, what are the pros/cons etc. It's not as popular as PPL, so there's not as much information about it.

    submitted by /u/L0n3W0lfX
    [link] [comments]

    Help with changing/improving my current diet to achieve my goals.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I need some advice to tweak my current diet to achieve the outcome I'm looking for. I'd appreciate anyone's help on the matter.

    I'm Male, 22, 178cm, 64kg who is moderately active. I run 2km down to my local park and back 5 days a week and do moderate weight training 4-5 days a week. Other than that I sit at a desk most of the time as that is my job. I'm borderline skinny, but I have stubborn fat around my belly like everyone does. What I'm looking for is to drop that belly fat so I can look more defined and also build muscle mass. I'm not looking to get super ripped, but toned enough to show that I'm in decent shape more than anything.

    I eat pretty much the same thing every day, this is my current diet:

    Breakfast: Oats, 1 Banana or 1 Apple (or half of each), Ground Cinnamon and a splash of Full Cream Milk

    Lunch: 3 Eggs, 1 Wholemeal Toast spread with 1/4 of an Avocado.

    Dinner: 1 cup of Brown Rice, roughly 70g of Mixed Frozen Vegetables (Peas, Carrots and Corn), 3 Fish Fingers (Birds Eye) and a tablespoon of Sweet Chilli Sauce

    Snacks: Can of Tuna, Protein Shake (Vital Strength), maybe some Yoghurt and Fruit or Toast.

    Currently this equals to around 6000 Kilojoules, 75g Protein, 140g Carbs, 20g Fibre, 38g Sugar, 42g Fat. This would be fine if I was trying to do a calorie deficit, but not too sure if that's good if I also want to build muscle as there is not a lot of protein. Personally I think I should be focusing more on building mass more than losing weight, but I'm not too sure. I've been doing this meal plan for 1 month, I've dropped 1Kg, and look a little more defined. Can anyone help me on improving this? I know what I'm doing for weight training determines a lot of things, but I'd like to get my diet right first, as I feel that's more important starting off. I'd like to add chicken into this diet too, maybe get a 4th meal out of it. I don't really like to snack as I'd prefer larger meals to feel fuller for longer. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ChaoticPlaydoh
    [link] [comments]

    leg day, yes or no

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    What leg workouts do you recommend for a guy where most of my fat goes to my legs and bum. i thought of skipping legs and only focusing on the upper body, but i don't want to have fat legs and a muscular top. but then again i'm trying to get rid of my hour glass shape. i feel so lost

    submitted by /u/Robbie_Yonis
    [link] [comments]

    Routine Issues

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Hi all

    These days I have been doing a upper-lower split routine at home. I want to share the upper training cause a I am new and maybe you could help me to improve.

    Upper 2 days per week

    Day 1 (heavy) Weighted pull ups 3-5 sets 3-5reps Dumbbell shoulder press 3-4 sets 5-8 reps Ring dips 4-5 sets 5-6 reps Biceps curl 2-3 sets 5 reps Dumbbell rows 3sets 10reps

    Day 2 (light) Pull ups 4sets 8reps Overhead press 4sets 10reps Push ups 4sets 10reps Biceps curl 2-3 sets 8-10reps Dumbbel rows 3 sets 15reps

    Thanks you! I hope also help other new guys

    submitted by /u/SebasEko
    [link] [comments]

    When do you guys get core in during an upper lower split? And what workouts do you do for it?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    I've started a pretty basic upper lower split at the gym and i want to know when is the most optimal time to add in core for the most growth. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TrillKoda
    [link] [comments]

    Is If safe for me to cut on a 1000 calorie defict? I’m 15 5’9.5 and 190 pounds

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    I'm pretty obese and I really want to lose weight but I don't want to stunt my growth how do I go about this?

    submitted by /u/throwawaydumpster4
    [link] [comments]

    Biking, Running, and Lifting

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    What would a good way to implement all 3 of these disciplines. Was thinking about running Greyskull or 5/3/1 4 day. Biking is mainly for supplemental/fun cardio. I run to improve my 2 mile. Lifting/calisthenics is for general strength. Current stats: 5ft 10 180lbs 2 mile: 13 min Squat:315 Bench: 215 OHP:165 Dead:435 Pullups:22

    submitted by /u/grimmig152
    [link] [comments]

    Doing the compound lifts first thing in a set or not for max muscle growth

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Just started a program by John meadows and the compound movements are always the 2nd exercise of the workout after a "easier" but still hard exercise, does this help to prevent injury in cost of a little of muscle gain? What are your thoughts

    submitted by /u/Slam_Dunkester
    [link] [comments]

    My Close Grip Bench Press Much Stronger Than Regular Grip Bench Press

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Hi, i had problem on my Bench Press. My Close Grip Bench Press about 25 KG (55 LBS) heavier than my regular grip Bench Press. My hands are super close to each other in Bench Press (about 5 cm difference other arm) this is the only position that i've feel strong and much comfortable. When doing regular grip bench press, i feel like my rotator cuffs gonna crush while bringing the bar to the my pecs.

    I'm 18 years old and at about 5'11 feet (1.80M) height weighting about 175 LBS(80 KG). My regular grip bench press PR is 80 KG Close-Grip Bench(Super close) PR 105 KG.

    In dumbbells, my PR is 45 KG each (100 LBS) for 4 reps.

    I think i had strong triceps, my triceps are much bigger than my pecs.

    Is that normal? What should i do?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Caryelah
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment