• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 30, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 30, 2020

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Balance issues with single leg exercises

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm currently running a PPL routine, 6 days a week. The biggest issue I face with lifting is the single leg lifts.

    Lunges, one legged squats, I just don't have any balance, and I'll feel wobbly. Not having a sure and steady movement through these lifts can't be helping me, so I'd really like to fix the issue.

    Does anybody have any tips for improving balance and stability? The exercises I'm struggling with are what I'd suggest to somebody with balance issues, so I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

    Normal squat is absolutely fine. I have sustained a few injuries to the dominant leg over the years. Compound fractures, 2 ACL tears and a broken foot all in the one limb. Not sure if this is part of the issue. I worked very hard to ensure my gait was correct following the injuries, and my regular squat isn't wobbly at all.

    Any advice is welcome. Thanks. 🙏

    submitted by /u/SomeYoke
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Air-conditioning and workout injury?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    Hey Folks,

    Can anyone point to research regarding air-conditioning and incidence of training injury?

    Someone recently claimed to me that he always lifts and does cardio in a room without air conditioning, as this causes injury. Sounds like baloney to me, unless the room is so cold that your internal (i.e. muscle) temperature begins to decrease.

    Any perspectives on this?

    submitted by /u/gtowerthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    My father(55y) want to build his muscle what do u recommend?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    My father asked me if he should build his muscle and if protein shake would help him do that. He usually do cardio .

    submitted by /u/Hunter2225
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a calisthenic routine I can do to maintain muscle mass?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. If this isn't the right place to post this, just let me know or point me in the right direction.

    After quarantine ended, I lost a little wait due to not having access to weights and other equipment. Over the summer I've put on some muscle mass after returning to a regular gym routing. However, I have just moved back into my dorm and all the gym in my state are still closed. It seems that every time I start making progress, something happens to take that away from me.

    I really don't want to start over again, guys. Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of some exercises I can do with no equipment? I know pushups, situps, and squats are some basic things to do, but what about biceps, back, etc? Can I do workouts without equipment so I won't lose my gains, or will I have to bit the bullet again and wait til gyms reopen?

    submitted by /u/thatoneblackguy17
    [link] [comments]

    Wrist wraps breaking

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Hey guys have gotten 2 different brands of wrist wraps, I am still getting used to the cut in circulation and have to remove them every 1 or 2 sets and then back again. Both of them broke, one of them the Velcro broke and the other the thumb strap broke. Can it be because I am tightening them too tight? Wrapping them and unwrapping too much per day? Or did I just get shitty ass brands?

    have a great day.

    submitted by /u/Flak_paisa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment