• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 02, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 02, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 02, 2020

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Should I worry about my salt intake as an athlete?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    I do workout 7 times a week +- 1 or 2. Lots of endurance training as I do boxing and obviously I sweat a lot during exercise but considering I do have hyperhydrosis ( which means excessive sweating) I sweat far more than normal.

    Do I have to worry about my sodium intake at all? Never monitored it but I do eat heaps of soy sauce and add salt to my foods which might be overkill but does the sweatijg counter balance the sodium or should I cut down on my sodium?

    Edit:

    After looking at all of those comments and tracking todays diet intake my plant based non processed diet didnt even come close to the Daily recommened sodium without the extra salt and soy added.

    submitted by /u/DarkHuman22
    [link] [comments]

    Bi-Annual Clothing Megathread!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Bi-Annual Clothing Megathread

    This thread is for sharing all things clothes as they relate to fitness.

    Found an awesome brand of jeans that fit your squat thighs comfortably? Got a recommendation for a great pair of running shoes, or undergarments that don't chafe your jiggly bits? Share them here!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best Shoe For Everyday Use + Running?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    For context, I work graveyard shift and use a 15 minute break + lunch to workout for 45 minutes on my shift to kill time and wake me up. Lately I've been considering doing runs for some cardio, and I'm looking for some comfortable every day shoes that I can sit and stand around my job in and not have to change to run on my breaks. The only shoes I really own are heavy sneakers like J's, AF1s, etc.

    I did some searching on r/running, but most posts seem geared for people who are hardcore runners, while I'm just looking for an everyday shoe thats comfy and has decent running ability. I was assuming something like Ultraboosts are a good medium based on things I've heard, but the price is a bit steep around $180. Let me know if you guys have anything you use for both.

    submitted by /u/firstparadox
    [link] [comments]

    Training for a hike - walk every day or alternate with strength training?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    I'm out of shape - I'm underweight and I've been mostly sedentary for a while now. I'm going on a hiking trip with two friends in a month. I want to be able to walk for longer and carry more weight so I don't feel like I'm holding them back too much.

    I plan to walk with a pack every day or every other day to train. Right now I can walk 10km at a time with a medium weight pack, at a nice pace and about 65% of my maximum heart rate. I don't have the core strength for a heavier pack.

    I'm also trying to eat more and gain some weight. I've added a big smoothie/shake to my regular meals and so far that's going ok.

    Is it best to walk every day, or should I allow time to recover and maybe do every other day? And can I do core strength exercises on recovery days, or should I do them on walking days?

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/lights_that_flash
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Should I take a break from running?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    I'm currently 16 years old, and have been running since the start of quarantine. I started off by doing 5km runs around 4-5 times a week and slowly improved so now my current regime is 2x 10km and 2-3x 5km a week. However recently my legs have been feeling more sore and so I was wondering if I should take a week off or so?

    submitted by /u/JAH-EnvY
    [link] [comments]

    Does walking actually have a massive effect on calories burnt?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    I walk 5 miles every day according to my iPhone due to my work and I seen that apparently a 250 person can burn 650 calories walking 5 miles but I find this extremely hard to believe? Seems so unrealistic for something so simple? I want to know because if this is true I'll begin walking to work (4 miles combined) instead of driving there to burn a ton more calories. I would like to know since that is good motivation to get off of my butt and begin walking everywhere I know. I'm 6'0 234 and 16 years old so i might have a good chance at burning a ton of calories.

    submitted by /u/mexicanfifaplayer510
    [link] [comments]

    Can you gain strength while losing weight?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Muscles aside, I wanna lose weight so I have started a diet with lower calories than usual but I dont wanna become weak. Will I still be able to do pull ups, push ups, ect and gain more strength?

    submitted by /u/twoheadedostrich
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to have bruising on my sides after wearing a belt?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Used a belt for the first time today doing squats and I've just realised I have massive purple bruises on my sides, does this happen every time you use a belt?

    submitted by /u/Gazerni
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie Jogger

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    I'm a newbie jogger and have been jogging for a month or so, I just wanted to ask if there are any accessories you think I should buy. Sorry I know there are loads on the market but I wanted to know which are useful. Thanks a lot and stay safe :)

    submitted by /u/ghosty1m
    [link] [comments]

    Maintaining Muscle - Weightlifting (question)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if I stopped increasing weights on my lifts, would I continue to maintain muscle (close to where I'm at now)?

    I know my body will get used to the resistance and I won't continue to grow muscle, but my goals have been changing as I transition into different stages of my life and want to see what would fit my lifestyle better.

    Any information would be helpful and welcome. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Perezident14
    [link] [comments]

    How do I not exercise?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    I have been doing physical activities for 5 straight days a week. It is now Sunday and it is my rest day (3 days sports related Tabata style and 2 days Resistance Training). Monday too is my rest day. My body and mind is now itching me to exercise to do a couple of push-ups and squats like how I normally do in my free time during Activity days. How do I not exercise?????

    submitted by /u/p0k3taku
    [link] [comments]

    Do more muscular legs make sprinting easier?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    This sounds obvious but I'm just looking for more experiences? Did adding squats/leg press to your workouts make your runs easier or faster?

    submitted by /u/OxyLogic
    [link] [comments]

    Limited tools

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    Hey there you sexy freaks!

    I'm currently stranded on a farm in southern australia with little funds and no access to new equipment.

    All I have is; A 5kg dumbbell, A 12kg kettlebell, A red resistance band, A yoga mat.

    Not much to go on, so im leaning toward a more strength and endurance based goal.. bodyweight and high reps kind of thing. Problem is I've never planned something like this out before! Got any tips?

    submitted by /u/mnky95
    [link] [comments]

    Type of Cardio Question

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    Just need to see if there's anything I ve missed. I need cardio (every other day) but...

    Can't swim as lockdown means pools and OWS is not possible

    Gym closed so no machines / classes

    Circuits I can't as I do "rings" every other day and need to rest

    Biking - cannot as it's terrible weather (typhoon/hurricane season)

    Running - have a knee problem so no impact for at least a month.

    I'm guessing I'm screwed but maybe something I've missed?!?!??

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Dougy82
    [link] [comments]

    Is this too intense for a fitness noob?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    I have a stationary recumbent bike at home, and I plan on doing a 30 minute session going an average of 15 mph for 5 day a week, and during those sessions it would have a decent amount of (simulated) uphill biking. I have done such routines before, but not daily. Every 10 minutes I would drink a water bottle and rest for like 3 minutes at most.

    submitted by /u/Midwestern_Ghost
    [link] [comments]

    Posterior Chain-Focused Lifting Program

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Is there a good beginner-intermediate lifting program out there that focuses specifically on developing the posterior chain and correcting internal rotation? I've been doing a ton of mobility for years in an attempt to fix back , shoulder, and hip pain and being scared of lifting heavy and it feels like an uphill battle. You roll out the hip flexors and shoulders and chest and you feel OK but then it's back to square 1 tomorrow. I'd like to try a strength approach. I've only been doing bodyweight stuff for a long time. I like what Jeff Nippard has to say and am considering his fundamentals program but I'm concerned it would focus too much on pushing. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/JortsShorts
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a day off still feel productive?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    (4 days on 3 days off) So as of late I feel like my days off are backwards progress. When I return to my routine the next day I feel like my runs are slower/more tiring alongside my workouts as well.

    Am I skimping myself necessary nutrients? Should I do light workouts on my off days? Am I not resting myself enough? Should I move to a 5 on 2 off schedule? I'm so lost and I feel like I'm being counter productive towards my goals and hindering the process greatly.

    submitted by /u/BanjosRuleDude
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment