• Breaking News

    Monday, July 6, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Is it OK to take a week off from working out?

    Beginner Fitness: Is it OK to take a week off from working out?


    Is it OK to take a week off from working out?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    It's the second week of the school holidays and I feel like taking the week off from doing exercise, however, I feel extremely guilty about it at the same time. I have done a little bit of research but the people who DO take weeks off are heavy lifters and stuff who train HARD. I mostly just do bodyweight, running and a bit of bag work 5 days a week. Would it negatively impact me to take a week off? Edit: Thanks for the replies, guys. Im now definitely taking the week off lol.

    submitted by /u/aggsimalone
    [link] [comments]

    First time bulking, am I eating way too much ?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    I've (M19) been lean bulking over the course of about a month now. Everything is going well at the moment as I have noticed that I put on some size, but I can't help but think that maybe I'm going over my limits here. I work out 5 days a week and follow a PPL training program

    Weight: 62kg Height: 1.75m

    My current caloric intake is as follows

    Calories: 2900 Protein: 200g Fat: 100g Carbs: 300g TDEE: 2580

    People here on Reddit said that eating too much protein is bad for the kidneys, as someone who once had Kidney failure, I don't want this again.

    submitted by /u/JoJosKebabShop
    [link] [comments]

    First steps to get fit again? (extremely out of shape)

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    I used to be very fit and played sports when I was younger. I haven't worked out in over 6 years and I'm incredibly out of shape and unhealthy after an extremely sedentary lifestyle and horrible diet (14+ hours a day in a computer chair sedentary).

    The last time I tried to get fit again a few years ago I tore my groin during a run and pulled my shoulder muscle in the first week, so I gave up. Maybe I pushed my body too hard.

    I started today with a short jog and my heart rate went up to 185! Scared me. (31y m)

    What should I do to get started again? I don't want to injure myself again... or have a heart attack.

    Thanks for any tips!

    edit: I should also mention I just got sober a few months ago from 17 years of heavy drug/alcohol addiction.

    edit 2: I'm underweight, not overweight. I didn't eat much with all the drugs and alcohol over the years.

    submitted by /u/SnafuInTheVoid
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an equivalent of muscle memory in losing fat ?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    we know that former muscled guys dont have a hard time packing muscle again after losing it because of the "muscle memory" , what about losing fat ? i mean can someone who acheived a low BF in the past do it again easier that the first time ?

    submitted by /u/Ulfric_chungus
    [link] [comments]

    Help! triceps sore post quarentine workout

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Really frustrated, went to gym yesterday and exercised for chest day. The day was good but problem started at night. The triceps started to sore and unable to move the formarm.

    can't even touch my face 😔 any quick suggestions how do I overcome this ? I made a gap today as I decided to rest for a day

    but I'm planning to join tomorrow, shall I join the gym tomorrow or shall I rest ?

    submitted by /u/hard2resist
    [link] [comments]

    A question on progressive overload/improving workout for beginners?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    I've just completed my first week of bodyweight home workouts. It's got to the point where I can comfortably complete my workout.

    What is the next step? Adding a band? Adding a dumbbell? Increasing number of sets? Increasing number of reps? I have a dumbbell but I'm also thinking of buying a band to help with glute activation since I can feel most leg exercises in my quads.

    I'm a total beginner so I really have no idea. I'm skinny so my aim is to gain weight/muscle not lose weight. I'm also doing my best to eat at a surplus.

    submitted by /u/fairydust91
    [link] [comments]

    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Which matters more for hypertrophy weight or reps?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    Sorry for confusing title but which would induce more hypertrophy if everything else is equal as an example doing bench press:

    225 lbs 5 x 5

    Or

    160 lbs 5 x 12

    submitted by /u/32843
    [link] [comments]

    Weighted leg raises with ankle weights?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    I'm working on strengthening my core and was wondering if ankle weights would be a good investment for leg raises. I can't balance my adjustable dumbbells between my feet, so it seems like a good option. If you guys have a different, more conventional method, I would love to hear it.

    Also what weight increments would you guys recommend for the ankle weights?

    submitted by /u/OrphanCriplr
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 03, 2020

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Working out once a week

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    For the most part I currently only have time to a nice gym workout once a week. I can do minimal stuff throughout the week. I'm just beginning, will that lead to muscle growth/aesthetic changes? My understanding is you can notice some changes in 6-8 weeks but I don't know how many times a week that "rule" applies to

    submitted by /u/HudsonOilCompany
    [link] [comments]

    Adding power cleans to your program, is there a benefit if you don't primarily olympic lift or do explosive sports?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I've been thinking about adding power cleans back into my programming.

    I do know how to power clean, but will get a refresher at my old weightlifting gym prior to starting, as it has been a few months since i've cleaned anything.

    With safety out of the way, is there any benefit to adding power cleans to your program if you don't primarily olympic lift and don't do any sports (I only really lift weights and some biking.)? Is there any point in developing your power output in daily life?

    Secondly, are there any draw backs? If I just added them as an extra day, the first day of my training week would I notice any problems? I'm on GZCLP right now, so I would just do power cleans on day 1, T1 bench day 2, squat day 3, rest, deadlift day 5, OHP day 6, rest and repeat, for example.

    edit: actually would power cleaning help increase my average cycling speed?

    submitted by /u/15311651465418318929
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment