• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: If you run, walk or just did a leg day don’t forget to stretch all those lovely muscles. This is a 10 minute lower body stretch.

    Beginner Fitness: If you run, walk or just did a leg day don’t forget to stretch all those lovely muscles. This is a 10 minute lower body stretch.


    If you run, walk or just did a leg day don’t forget to stretch all those lovely muscles. This is a 10 minute lower body stretch.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Cooling Down after Cardio

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    I don't think I cooled down enough the other day while power walking. I didn't feel right. Also, I almost feel like my body doesn't want to slow down, and I have to force it to walk slower. What is a good guideline I can use either with my fit bit (time/heart rate) or just in general to make sure I give my body and heart a chance to cool down?

    submitted by /u/NextWordTyped
    [link] [comments]

    Building cardio endurance from home?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I could use some advice. I love hiking. I have the endurance to hike for long distances, but my cardio is horrible hiking up any kind of incline. I have to stop several times to catch my breath, even for shorter inclines. I want to fix this. I do have allergy and exercise induced asthma, but I think my cardio health is a bigger factor.

    I'd like to work on this while I'm mostly stuck at home. Gyms are closed here (I wouldn't go now anyway). I'm also in Arizona, and would prefer not to die, so outdoor exercise in 110*F + heat is is not an option

    What could I do at home? I'm in a 1100 sq ft townhouse, so space is a bit limited. We do have one fight of stairs.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/MasterBallsCK
    [link] [comments]

    What would I have wanted to know

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I have been into fitness for 3 years now and I am really happy you are getting into it too. Hope everything is going well in.

    Seeing how tough it was sometimes for me to get into fitness I was recently thinking what I really wanted to know back then.

    That's why I want to know from you! I really want to help people. I am definitely no expert, but I am definitely advanced i'd say. I hope to do something extra in the future, but if you have any questions you feel really insecure about, please ask them/dm me! Love to help.

    submitted by /u/daanvroosm
    [link] [comments]

    Need help for beginners workout.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    Hey Guys. New guy here. So I'm 19 and I need help from you guys about home workout. I have never in my life did any workout, I swear I cant even do normal pushups. Can you guys please help me out. Whenever I try to do pushups my Arms get tired after just going once. I'm 185 lbs and have thin arms and legs but has a belly. So please would you you advise me about everything from workout to diet.

    submitted by /u/Luc_90
    [link] [comments]

    Tips and tricks to help remember proper deadlift form?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    I recently joined my gyms weightlifting training class about 2 weeks to a month ago and I constantly struggle with proper form when doing certain exercises and one of the most prominent things is my deadlift. Every time I do deadlifts I feel an intense pain in my lower back afterwards and my coaches consistently have to take time away from the others in order to work on my form. I feel as though I'm holding everyone back. I'm no stranger to fitness and I've been working out on my own for almost 6 years but I've never done weight lifting before so this is all foreign to me. I have 2 personal trainers and I go to the gym 6 times a week. I also have read tons of books and researched tons of videos on YouTube as well as the coaching by my pt so you would think I'd have figured it out by now and yet I consistently make a fool of myself or do it incorrectly. It just goes in one ear and out the other. No one has made any complaints but I can tell the coaches are starting to get a little exasperated with me. I feel like a failure or problem child and given my foundation coming in to the class it's a bit disheartening how much I'm struggling with form. You can only make so many self deprecating jokes before you start taking some major blows to your self confidence. What are some things you did that helped you with getting your form down when doing deadlifts? I'd post a video of my form for reference but I don't know how to do that.

    submitted by /u/notaworkthrowaway1
    [link] [comments]

    Help?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    I've been trying to figure out how much protein I need to eat in a single day in order to lose weight. I've figured my Lean Body Mass, my Body Fat percentage and all that. I'm just so confused.

    I'm 5'6". I weight 173 but I'm trying to get to 145. How many grams of protein fat and carbs do I need a day? One friend is telling me I need 150 g a day but interwebs is telling me i need 126.3 i think cause that's the same as my LBM. I dont know.

    I'm confused. Please help.

    submitted by /u/kikianniea
    [link] [comments]

    7 Functional Movements: Progressions, Regressions and Modifying Around Pain

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    I thought that this might be of interest to some people here.

    If you struggle to perform an exercise due to pain or weakness then there are ways to regress each exercise so that you can get started.

    I'd love to know what you think of the article. Are there any exercise variations that you love to do?

    7 Functional Movements: Progressions, Regressions and Modifying Around Pain

    submitted by /u/NeverTooOldtoLift
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    Before I get all these things about being young and pressuring myself, cut that crap out I don't need that.

    I'm 16, male, 5 foot 9 and 250 pounds. Me and my family agreed I need to lose weight. I was wondering if anybody has any tips on how to go about that. The internet isn't always to helpful. There's diets, workout plans for different body types and a lot of bro-science and confusion out there for a beginner.

    My goal is to try to lose weight, I'm not to focused on gaining bulging biceps or washboard abs right now.

    Any help is help.

    submitted by /u/Brod13_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment