• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 19, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 19, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 19, 2020

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Nsuns help

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    So im running Nsuns advanced 6 day program, and im just tryna figure out how to program in arms, ive always just done the big 3 before so my arms and shoulders are lacking. I would like to just beef up my whole arm so shoulders and forearms included.

    Is there anyone here that runs it. if so, how do you program in arms ?

    submitted by /u/Shadyscrip
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    walking with too many breaks. Does it counts as a cardio?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I walk for 40 mins to an hour every morning with my dog. My dog stops every 3 to 5 mins to sniff. So basically the total walking amount will be about to a mile or two. Should i count this as a cardio workout?

    submitted by /u/pumkinlines
    [link] [comments]

    How does cardio scale compared to strength?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Hi guys im a reasonably active when it comes to fitness (4 times a week to gym) but all i do is lifting weights. My cardio is absolute shit and i feel like i would really benefit from more cardio training.

    I was wondering how does cardio grow compared to strength? Do you see faster improvements or maybe slower?

    I am planning to start with some basic cardio after my workout like 10 minute elliptical or rowing after every workout session and slowly increasing this. I also really want to run but i suffer from shin splints almost immediately ( think it has something to do with me being stiff as hell which i am improving with stretching).

    So yeah i was wondering if you guys have any thoughts on cardio training and how it grows.

    Thanks in advance for the responses!

    submitted by /u/koeno546
    [link] [comments]

    Need help understanding something about calories!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Im using an app called Samsung Health to keep track of my weight and it says I need to burn about 1993 calories a day including 1671 burmed at rest. What is the meaning of burned at rest? Is it possible to burn 1671 calories from just resting?

    submitted by /u/Kapparilx
    [link] [comments]

    Is it really true I am supposed to stretch a sore muscle?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    I know in fitness there is a lot of misinformation.

    I just worked upper body yesterday and my muscles are sore, that if I contract or retract them I will feel pain. But at the same time the soreness kinda feels good in a way like I want to stretch it, but if it hurts then I am thinking that my body telling me not to move.

    submitted by /u/PykeOrFlight
    [link] [comments]

    If can rep 75lbs (15x)on the dumbbell flat bench, roughly how much do you think I can bench with the barbell?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    I know it doesn't really matter, but hitting 225 on the bench has been a goal of mine since high school. I haven't had access to a bench, and I was just curious if anybody had any anecdotes on how this might convert or how far off I might be. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/eggsbennyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Pin Bench Press to Regular Bench ratio?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    So, I've tried to address my sticking point where I usually fail when benching, which is a few inches off my chest (one pin above where I normally would have it, which one pin below allows me to get the bar to my chest and If i fail i just unarch my chest and can bail safely)

    Now, I would imagine the reduced rom would make it easier, but if anything, I am finding it more difficult then normal benching, is this normal? I do not feel like I was relying previously on bouncing the bar off my chest, and have tried my best to stick to touch and go.

    Also, for what it is worth, this is only my 2nd week of swapping, so perhaps that could be why?

    submitted by /u/DoomGaze1
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty with nasal breathing And low SO2 levels

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    In have difficulty breathing through my nose when I get winded. I have a deviated septem that I can't get operated on because of an unrelated medical condition I have. It's hard for me to exercise without wearing a breath rite strip.

    I wore what I believe to be a fairly accurate Oximeter for the first time while exercising without a strip on today and was surprised to see my SO2 levels drop repeatedly to the low 90s. And even as low as 87 at one point. Does any one know of this is problematic or uncommon?

    submitted by /u/WhatIzIz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment