• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 01, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 01, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 01, 2020

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’m 6 foot 7, should I change up certain lifting exercises?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm wondering if there are any really tall lifters out there that might recommend changing certain exercises or lifts to accommodate for height. I'm trying to be a lot more patient about weight and form, but I feel like an issue before in working out is that I would feel a type of sore/fatigue that wasn't natural or right. I don't have these issues with machines, but I know machines can only get you so far (if far at all).

    Side note: Any ideas for chin up replacement?

    Thanks in advance everyone!

    submitted by /u/TallMSW
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Recipes Megathread!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Monthly Recipes Megathread

    Have an awesome recipe that's helped you meet your macros without wanting to throw up or die of boredom? Share it here!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    is OMAD diet harmful for weightlifting?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    i eat one meal a day most days. MAYBE two if you consider a really light breakfast a meal. i'm just starting heavy weightlifting, and i'm wondering if this will be harmful for cutting fat and/or building muscle?

    edit: fyi, my total calorie intake each OMAD day varies WILDLY. some days i stuff myself till im pretty sure i've reached 1500 calories in one sitting. other times i just eat a moderate meal and that'll be all.

    submitted by /u/ajazers_1
    [link] [comments]

    noob question about calories from food

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    hey!

    i try to understand how much % of my calories i get from each of - proteins, fat and carbs. but theres something i dont understand.

    i read 1g of protein = 4 calories, 1g of carb = 4 calories and 1g of fat = 9 calories.

    so from this i understand that in 2g of fat for example theres 18 calories. but when im doing the math on products alot of times i see that the fat % calories + carb % calories together is more than 100%.

    for example if the product (by 100g) has 300 calories, and has 30g of carbs (=120 calories) and 25g of fat (=225 calories). so the carbs + fat here is = 335 which is bigger than the total calories.

    can someone explain to me what im missing? thanks!

    submitted by /u/MrSirCR
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness + physical labor (M18)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm 18 years old and I work in a warehouse 5 days a week. It's about 5 hours of almost uninterrupted work (carrying or shoving stuff around, stacking it on top of each other etc.) The stuff I have to lift there isn't super heavy most of the time but there are 20-30kg packages somewhat often and sometimes even 40kg. So it's not heavy lifting but after doing it for 5 hours my whole body feels sore.

    On top of this, can I keep doing my 6-days-a-week PPL routine as usual? Or should I change something about my routine?

    Also, what about calories intake? Will I need to eat significantly more in order to gain weight?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Strudelfick
    [link] [comments]

    pure cardio, no machines, indoors, easy on knees?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    I usually alternate strength days and cardio days. On the cardio days, I go on the elliptical for half an hour, at about 70%-75% of my max HR, and I keep the resistance low to medium so that my muscles aren't used too much - it's supposed to be a rest day, after all.

    Now I'll be without the machine for some weeks. What can I do instead indoors?

    I try to be gentle with my knees, and that makes it really hard to find something. Everything seems to come with running or jumping, and a lot with too much muscle training.

    Are there good alternatives?

    submitted by /u/balille
    [link] [comments]

    What's a reasonable price to pay for a multi gym?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm looking to turn my garage into a home gym but I don't have a lot of space so figured a multigym would be a good way to get various weight exercises in a small area.

    I'm in the uk and have seen multigyms as low as £230 all the up to several thousand. Some of the cheap ones have good reviews but I'd guess these are from people who have low expectations as they're on sites like Argos (for those not familiar it's sort of an online shopping centre, albeit with physical locations to pick goods up) so may not be for fitness enthusiasts.

    I'm not going to be spending four figures on a multigym, but don't mind paying what something is worth if the performance is right either.

    The one I've had my eye on is the Marcey Eclipse 5000 as the features for the price seem decent, however it's out of stock everywhere with no sign of it coming back any time soon. This retails for £550.

    Any thoughts on what I should be looking for?

    submitted by /u/matej86
    [link] [comments]

    Getting buffed

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    I'll might try to get buffed just by curiosity. But can it provoke loose skin after I'm not buffed anymore or when I get older?

    submitted by /u/StrikingMasterpiece
    [link] [comments]

    Triceps not progressing as fast? (Frankoman Dumbbell Routine)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    On every exercise from the routine I have steadily been increasing weight by 1-2kg per week on each dumbbell, sometimes more if last week was to easy.

    As an example, my dumbbell bench press started with 12,5kg on each side and no im at 17,5kg and will soon have to buy more plates if I keep the progression which im extremely happy with.

    On the other side, the triceps exercises I could do them with 5kg with some effort at the beginning, im at week 6, so its the 6th time im doing them and im using 7,5kg on the dumbbells and I can barely do the full reps.

    Should I do extra triceps exercises every other day?

    submitted by /u/ZellahYT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment