• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: How does one build stamina for HIIT exercise? Supposed to do 30min, feel like I'm dying after 8min.

    Beginner Fitness: How does one build stamina for HIIT exercise? Supposed to do 30min, feel like I'm dying after 8min.


    How does one build stamina for HIIT exercise? Supposed to do 30min, feel like I'm dying after 8min.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm 24F, 5'4" 110ish and have never really worked out regularly. I've been super sedentary for the past few years.

    My doctor recently recommended that I start doing 30min of exercise 6 days a week for my mental health. He put emphasis on hitting 80% max heart rate for a sustained time.

    So I started today, and tried to follow this video. Holy crap, I had no idea how out of shape I was. I was pretty short of breath after 3 minutes, and had to stop an take a 2 minute break after 7. I could not make it past 10 minutes. I noticed my legs in particular have zero stamina, the squats and lunges felt like they sapped my whole body of energy.

    So my question is, how do I work up to being able to complete routines like this? Do I just keep doing it every day and try to go further, or should I take a step back and start with some simpler specific exercises first? How does someone who hasn't exercised since PE in high school get to the point where I can consistently complete 30min routines including anaerobic exercise?

    submitted by /u/F4cetious
    [link] [comments]

    Stairs as part of a routine?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    So I've been trying to improve my running stamina (just started couch to 10k) and general fitness so I'm wondering if my routine works and adding taking the stairs helps ( I stay on the 14th story)

    So what i am trying to do is: Couch to 10k program of the day Tabata of push ups and sit ups Take the stairs(?)

    When it is not in the schedule to run: Tabata of jumping jacks and shadow skips Tabata of push ups and sit ups Tabata of squats and lunges

    So how does this routine sound and should I include taking the stairs? I think it would be good to burn off extra calories and keep my heart rate up but I've been told it is not good for my knees.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dublepower
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get bigger chest without a gym?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Have 50 pound dumbbells and a bench

    submitted by /u/amazingsethp
    [link] [comments]

    Should my plates be spinning on my barbell?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I just purchased a barbell and a 150lbs of plates off craigslist. They are all 'standard' sized.

    And when I load my plates onto my barbell, using a spinlock, should they be spinning a little bit still? When I lift the barbell, the plates move around a tiny bit and spin.

    Would it just be better to get a spring collar barbell? thanks.

    submitted by /u/milk_way
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment