• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 30, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 30, 2020

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How often should you increase stretches?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    I've found countless articles on how to stretch, best stretches, stretch routines, the importance of stretching, ect ect, but none on how often one should increase their stretches. When you're looking to increase flexibility without causing injury via over stretching, what's a good rule of thumb for lengthening the time of each stretch/increasing intensity?

    submitted by /u/PsychoEscape
    [link] [comments]

    How to recover lost strength from illness efficiently? Repeat the same program?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    So I have finally recovered from a 2 month long lay-off from working out due to a pretty bad illness (shingles) and was wondering how to recover my lost strength efficiently? During these past 2 months I did not exert myself at all physically and was unable to use my right hand. Right now, I have recovered the use of my right hand, but my index finger and thumb are really weak due to the shingles.

    Basically I just want to ask you guys the best way to get back to where I was before the illness and how to do it correctly...

    2 months ago (1RM) @ 132 lbs

    squat: 255 lbs

    dead: 355 lbs

    bench: 185 lbs

    dip: 88 lbs

    chinup: 66 lbs

    ohp: 100 lbs

    now (1RM) @ 125 lbs

    squat: 155 lbs

    dead: haven't attempted

    bench: 111 lbs

    dip: only attempted bw

    chinup: only attempted bw

    ohp: 77 lbs

    submitted by /u/Whatisaworkout
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between calorie cycling and daily alternating b-ing/c-ing

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    Sorry, had to censor the title because saying the word that rhymes with hulk gets the post auto removed.

    I was looking into body recomp and read that one website, I think it was legionathletics, recommended calorie cycling. Eating a lot on training days and eating less on rest days. I looked into calorie cycling in this fashion and everyone says it's pretty great.

    But then I Googled 'bulk one day, cut the next' which everyone thinks is a pretty terrible idea. My question is, what is the difference? The dude in the first article I read ate almost 3000 calories on his training days and 2300 on his rest days. I assume that 3k is his surplus and 2.3k is his deficit being that 700 calories is a pretty big difference.

    So far to me, 'cycling' and bulk 1 day, cut the next, (or more accurately, bulk a few times a week, cut a few times a week) seem like the same thing but with people's opinions differ vastly based on how it's worded 🧐

    submitted by /u/jackstaman78
    [link] [comments]

    125-150g of whey protein per day?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm a 28M and weight about 80kg. Reading some articles I saw that to build muscle it is recommended to take around 2.2g of protein per kg of mass, which means I should take around 150-175g of protein daily. My whey protein has 75g of protein per 100g of product, while the serving size according to the 'instructions' is around 27g.

    Because I'm trying to lose some fat while gaining muscle (please dont focus on this for the discussion, I've been doing some research on my own) my plan is to have about 100-130g of protein coming from whey shackes and the rest from food (else I find extremely difficult to meet both the daily protein requirement and the daily kcal requirement), but that would mean taking about 4-5 servings per day of the protein.

    Can this cause any ill-effects? Any other related things you might wanna mention?

    Thanks!!

    EDIT: Thank you guys this has been really helpful really quickly (I've recevied a couple of helpful PMs as well). My take from this is that I will reduce the whey protein intake to about 75g max per day and increase the intake of foods like chicken and tuna. Thanks everyone for your help!

    submitted by /u/Heco1331
    [link] [comments]

    Protein bar recommendation request

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    I'd like to know what is the toughest and chewiest protein bar you have ever eaten, I am working away from home for a while and would like to 'exercise' my jaw muscles. The food I will have access to is going to be lacking in diversity.

    Really random I know! Thanks

    submitted by /u/ImTheRealBruceWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Best 4 Day Upper/Lower Split with incoperation of both Bodyweight and Free weight training?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Hello friends. I am looking for a routine to follow where i can work out 4 days a week with having both free weight and bodyweight exercises in the routine. Is this overkill? Should i just stick to one category? I can't really bulk up on my legs with bodyweight training.I can't really learn to planche just doing free weights.

    Stats: 5'10, 150 pounds , 16 years of age.

    Goals: Maintain a strong, muscular, 'sexy af' physique while also being able to display feats of strength like L-sits , Planches, Handstands etc.

    Most of you might argue that at my age and weight i am a pure noobie beginner but i have been doing bouts of both weight lifting and calisthenics training for 2 years now. I was an obese person and thus it took me so long to get to where i am today. I appreciate any and all help :).

    submitted by /u/anormalearthlyman
    [link] [comments]

    Help a beginner out

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm new to exercising and is currently working out low impact cardio atleast 30 minutes everyday for 5 days then then rest for 2 days. But as weeks passed by I noticed my muscles getting weaker and I'm losing energy. What advice can you give for beginners like me? Should I continue working out 5 days straight or do in between days?

    I would really appreciate your insights.

    submitted by /u/kaytps
    [link] [comments]

    When to transition from bodyweight squats to weighted ones?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Hey. Due to injuries and me generally not exercising anymore, I have lost much weight and strength. I will begin exercising today and would like some advice.

    I don't want to go full bodybuilder or powerlifter exercises. This time, I want to go more compound-exercises unlike my isolation ones from when I used to work out. This leads me to my question though. I want to have functional strength and be truly fit, not just strong. I plan on incorporating bodyweight exercises into my routine forever, but at what point should I also included weighted exercises like squats? Eventually, my body will stop experiencing hypertrophy as my body weight is not enough to stimulate and damage my muscles. So in order to keep getting stronger, while maintaining functional strength and a fit body, how often and when do I start doing weighted exercises?

    submitted by /u/breakbeatbark
    [link] [comments]

    Will I be Overworking Myself?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I've been meaning to build some muscle for quite a while now after losing some from just doing runs. After a week of looking into some home workouts, I put together the workout linked bellow. Before starting, I'm just curious if I may be potentially overworking myself. Although I'm quite athletic from playing sports, I've never formally worked out in the past so this is mostly new to me. I also want to know if I should change anything to better fit the goal of increasing muscle strength and size. I'll be using 5 - 10 kg dumbbells btw and reps and sets are not listed because they may change depending on the response I get; you can assume 8 reps and 3 sets.

    Workout Routine

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Warm__Tea
    [link] [comments]

    Gained weight from exercising?? Help

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    Hello, I am trying to lose my last 10 pounds (FH:5"0 CW:117.9). My current workout routine was about 2 hours of home workouts and then about 12-15 km walk, 6 days a week.

    Last month I amped up the walking to about 20km a day or more and I ended up losing the least amount of weight I have ever lost and last week I ended up gaining 2 pounds but I think that is because I over ate.

    My stomach is constantly bloated and I feel very puffy around that region all the time. I am getting frustrated because I have lost weight nicely everywhere else but my stomach and I am afraid I will never get the fat shifted.

    Can someone help? Should I go back to going on shorter runs/walks.

    submitted by /u/SGAV1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone regret going to gym?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    So i was just wondering if anyone was regretting going to gym for a long time or even short time. Like you got some chronic or short painful injury. Or you just figured out that going to gym was ultimately waste of money and time.

    Personally i don't have whole lot of regrets going to gym but it in way feels bit like prison where you have to go or you will loss majority of progress.

    submitted by /u/NeitherManner
    [link] [comments]

    Jeff Nippard Push Pull Legs hypertrophy program

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Hi. I got jeff nippards ppl for free and getting bored of the reddit ppl would this be a good one to move on to? Anyone tried it?

    submitted by /u/MeetYaMakerr
    [link] [comments]

    Is my weight gain too fast?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    a little context.
    I am a 25yr old male, 6'2 weighing at 85kg atm.
    I use to weigh 90kg after a brutal knee injury and felt it was my natural weight despite it being quite fat due to inactivity. however, when my knee recovered i decided to cut weight and went down to 80kg. about two weeks ago i decided to bulk up and added 5kg in about 14/16 days. Is this too quick? im assuming due to me weighing 90kg before, and eating like that normally, that this is just a normal transition for my body. thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Shapaklak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment