• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 27, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 27, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 27, 2020

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you feel the burn with squats?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    I only ever have sometimes achy knees, most of the time I don't feel anything even after doing 100 - 150 a day and my form is okay (I think!). I go quite low, it feels natural and I do enjoy doing them. Where am I supposed to feel it?

    submitted by /u/WillingGrape6
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Long rest time routine doubts

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this sub, i wanted to ask you fellow fitness enthusiasts something about my new routine.

    I have to work from home, and i like to take frequent but very short breaks to keep my productivity high without straining my eyes too much (i have a problem with my eyes, i should change lenses in my glasses but right now i can't afford them). Basically i've been using these short breaks to do some working out, let's say every 10-15 minutes i will stand up and do 30 pushups, or 20 sandbag deadlifts, or squats, you get the idea.. Low volume, low intensity stuff but throughout the day, at the end of my work day i will have done hundreds of repetitions of each excersise.

    Now my question is, does this make any sense in terms of gains? I know i'm not hurting myself that's for sure, but i would like to know if i can expect some results from this type of routine or i should just stick to my 90 min workout every evening like i used to?

    submitted by /u/ZenGarlic
    [link] [comments]

    Bench press pump

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I have been focusing on the bench press recently. I just wanted to ask if I am the only person who doesn't feel a pump in the chest after benching. Even when I go really heavy my pecs never get sore. It's mostly just below my shoulders where the arm attaches to the body.

    submitted by /u/MahdiTohidi
    [link] [comments]

    Hi. I'm 19 years old and a male. In the best shape of my life, and I want to improve that.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    I currently weigh 68.8kg (10 st 11lbs ish) as of this morning. It's the lightest I've weighed in at in years. I'm definitely the thinnest I've been too. I want to better this, and I know I have to do some exercise; I want to know what I need to do to flatten my stomach some more, and also get rid of my remaining man boobs.. hate them.

    I can't afford a gym membership, so ideally it needs to be exercises at home. A friend recommended to do 50 situps, plank as long as I can, 50 situps and then plank again.. but I've no idea if I can do that or if it's effective at all. Any recommendations or feedback?

    I should note I am an asthmatic so cardio such as running is not the best option for me. I also have really bad social anxiety so publically exercising (again, running) is quite hard for me.

    submitted by /u/jmzofficial
    [link] [comments]

    Do macros other than protein matter on a lean bulk?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    I've been searching for an answer to this question for a while but I couldn't find much in regards to a lean bulk. I'm currently eating at a little more than my maintenance calories (and by that I mean 3 calories more than usual just to get a round number of 2500 from 2497), and am getting ready to go through with a caloric surplus of just 100-200 more.

    However, my day-to-day diet per day varies quite a bit with respect to my fats and carbs. I always make sure I'm eating at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, but the amount of fat and carb grams isn't always the same. I don't bother tracking these macronutrients, so for all I know I could be eating more fat than carbs on one day and vice versa the other, I just look for the end-of-day calories. I also do eat a little bit of added sugar per day (No more than 30 grams generally, just 2 tbsp of that Trader Joe's cookie butter for my protein oatmeal and the sugar in white breads) and found it hasn't really affected my physique, but I don't know how that will bode for me during a bulk.

    This is the first time I'm going through with a serious bulk, but I don't want it to be dirty and I'd like to keep my general physique. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/superyoshiom
    [link] [comments]

    'Ideal Weight Calculators'

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I think I know the answer to these ideal weight calculators/charts, the ones that take various parameters such as height and age...

    I thought I'd ask the wider community however, how factually correct / should these figures be taken with a pinch of salt?

    For instance, I've always been of a bigger build. I'm 6ft5, ~105kg, and 22 years of age. I know I need to lose some weight, but according to one of these calculators, I should be around 85kg. That does not seem right, surely? I have a bit of fat on me, but the majority is muscle.

    Perhaps I'm being really naive here... which I guess is why I'm posting this here.

    Like I said, I think I know the answer to this already, but would like some clarification. When the gyms were open, I was a regular user, mainly focussing on weightlifting. Since lockdown, I've begun to shift focus to burning through some fat with cardio.

    submitted by /u/nuledgm
    [link] [comments]

    Can I realistically get my bench to 315 lbs in 2 years

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    Currently 6'0, 175 lbs, 30 years old, benching 150 for 3x5. Only started 2 months ago.

    I have a long story behind the time line but that's the magic number.

    submitted by /u/StephCurryInTheHouse
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to shorten my workout

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    So I'm hopefully returning to the gym next week. Thing is, the gym is restricting visits to an hour. Which is understandable but has pushed me to make some changes. I like my current workout but it usually takes me like 90 minutes to 2 hours. Would anyone be willing to take a look, rate it, maybe eliminate anything that looks redundant or unnecessary? I hope this is allowed here, Thanks!

    https://imgur.com/nn5cLg4 https://imgur.com/D5yInb5 https://imgur.com/jDQddKT

    submitted by /u/ScumbagBongo
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How do increase the frequency of my workout?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:50 AM PDT

    My muscles get really sore for 2-3 days after a workout, because of that i only go to the gym 3 times a week.

    submitted by /u/Zambiezzz
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for maintaining very low BF% of 9-10%?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    Currently on a fairly intense cutting routine for the summer. I'm currently down about ~700-800ish calories from a maintenance of 2900 a day. I have incorporated jogging and jump roping into my routine along with the diet and weight training. I'm 6'1 and currently 160 pounds at around 12-13% BF. (My genetics opt a lot for being very lean because of small bone structure and high metabolism hence why I'm so light).

    I was wondering for those of you who are able to naturally obtain a BF% around 9-10%, do you have any tips for maintaining being this lean? Ideally I'd like to continue being able to slowly stack on muscle while maintaining the aesthetics of this BF% if possible.

    submitted by /u/_pinksweatshirt
    [link] [comments]

    Training Chest Two Days in a Row

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    I have recently started doing a more powerbuilding style of training. Can a day where I do 5x5 sets of squats, bench press, and barbell rows be followed by a day of chest hypertrophy training where I mainly use machines and cables for sets of 8-12?

    Basically I'm wondering if my chest would need more than 24 hours of recovery if all I did was 5x5 bench press without any back off sets or extra isolation work.

    submitted by /u/JustSomeManOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Good workouts to do between work days?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    I'd like to start regularly working out, but I'm afraid that doing so will cause my body to ache on the next day, when I have to go to work. My job involves a decent amount of physical labor, so I really don't want to sustain any sprains or injuries.

    Are there any workouts that are effective while not making my body ache when it's time for work?

    I'm new to fitness, and I may be wrong to even worry about this, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

    submitted by /u/BoxedElderGnome
    [link] [comments]

    Lying Vs Standing Vs Sitting Leg (Hamstring) Curl Machines

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I'm opening up a studio and need a leg curl machine. I've always liked the lying leg curl machine but I know there's variations of the machine. Which is more worth the money?

    submitted by /u/ABTX7
    [link] [comments]

    Will a NuStep cause hypertrophy?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    Currently, I don't have access to my regular workout equipment. I'm staying at my grandmother's. She does, however, own a NuStep. That being said, I'm looking to slim down my thighs and lose muscle mass there right now. Since NuStep is considered low-impact cardio I figure that should work but I want to make sure there's no chance I'll just end up bulking my legs further.

    submitted by /u/ShadowMarionette
    [link] [comments]

    Hitting Goals

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I would like to set a few goals for myself by the end of the year. Bench 225 Squat 315 Run a 6 minute mile

    What moves would help my chances to reach these goals and what would be the best way to go about it? (Routine/ when to do what)

    I was in great shape a few years ago but lost motivation due to a broke ankle and depression. I'm currently 160 5 foot 9 28year old Male. Not sure if these goals are too high. I honestly probably can bench my body weight only 10 times and currently run about 10 to 9 minute miles.

    Advice would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/TCGElite
    [link] [comments]

    weightlifting before a night out?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    How long before you go out to start drinking should you start your workout, if you wana keep that phat pump, and any other details?

    submitted by /u/spongeyspongey
    [link] [comments]

    What natural activities make for the best exercise?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    I've been rebuilding my deck over the last week and have been waking up sore in muscles I forgot I had.

    Got me to thinking about what sort of natural activities make for the best exercise: building? hiking? gardening? clearing brush?

    Which develops the best muscle tone, burns calories and improves cardio?

    submitted by /u/celticxcross
    [link] [comments]

    If I run daily around 5:30pm, should I eat a bigger meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    My runs are usually 5-7 miles and then I do a light core workout afterwards.

    My general breakfast 20% carbs, 30% fat and 50% protein. Lunch is about 75% protein, 20% carbs 5% fat. Should I be eating more carbs earlier or after I run to replenish my body?

    submitted by /u/TheManRW86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment