• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 18, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 18, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 18, 2020

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Non vegans/vegetarians who switched to plant based proteins shakes, did you notice any benefits or negative affects ?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    I've been thinking of switching away from the dairy based whey proteins for a while , I'm at the point where I've stopped taking them but want to try something a bit different

    Does anyone have any experience with them ?

    submitted by /u/hada1991
    [link] [comments]

    Lactic acid buildup

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Just curious does your body get used to the soreness after a while ? Like say a guy who's never trained before compared to a guy who's at it constantly? Just wondering cause I fuckin hate being sore like this 😂

    submitted by /u/ChaosFlame72
    [link] [comments]

    How to finish the last step of fat loss

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    I have lost 40 lbs and I'm hovering around 165, the only major amount of fat I have left is around my stomach. I have started to work out, so should I start to eat less carbs rather than just eating less? I don't want to lose muscle if there is a better method. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DrearyComa
    [link] [comments]

    Bodybuilding and Olympic lifting

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    My main goal to put on muscle. I follow a bodybuilding focused routine that starts with heavy compounds and goes into accessory work. I have been wanting to trying Olympic exercises like snatches and cleans. Would I hinder my recovery and muscle building if i did Olympic workouts say a few hours apart from my programmed workouts or on rest days. I don't want to mix the two, I just love being in the gym and have nothing better to do and want to add more lifting to my life while not slowing down muscle building as my main priority.

    submitted by /u/Blazizar
    [link] [comments]

    Is working a manual labour job the same as exercising?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Can you consider working let's say 4 hours a day doing a manual labour job such as being a mechanic, the same as walking/jogging in the park and doing press ups/sit ups etc?

    submitted by /u/UncutCoconut
    [link] [comments]

    How much of a size/muscle difference would there be between a person who only uses barbells vs a person who only uses dumbbells for their upper body?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    They've trained the same amount of time/eaten same diet/same workout/same genetics and have each steadily progessively overloaded through the years. Just wondering if there would be any notable difference?

    submitted by /u/Hearthstone30
    [link] [comments]

    My inactive leg hurts more than the active leg when I do donckey kicks ?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    When I do donckey kicks my left leg doesn't hurt a lot and seems strong (even my right inactive leg doesn't hurr), but when I train the right leg I feel it more on my left leg which is inactive.

    How can I fix this ?

    submitted by /u/sarahfanning
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with my p90 workout

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I started doing p90 on May 27. So far, I haven't noticed results.

    I don't feel stronger, and I don't notice any difference to my weight. I'm getting a bit demotivated by it. I thought I would have something by now to show for the work I'm putting in (I do the exercises Monday-friday, and rest on weekends)

    I've started to eat better to. More chicken with steamed vegetables, less pasta and starches.

    What can I do to actually see results? I'm afraid that if I don't see anything soon, I'm going to give up.

    Bonus questions...

    I still can't do a proper pushup. I can go down maybe half way, but any lower and I will collapse. I cannot get close enough to the ground.

    Also, I can't do squats. After 2-3, I feel a pain in my right knee. If I keep going, I think I will do damage and hurt myself. What am I doing b wrong?

    submitted by /u/razor787
    [link] [comments]

    How can i start eating more calories and fat?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been going to a gym for a while now and I did notice that I'm getting stronger and my muscles became more defined. The only problem is that I lack the gains. Hell, I wouldn't even mind some body fat. I really try to eat as much as possible but most of the time i just don't know what to eat. I'd love some help from you guys!

    submitted by /u/Dope-Guy09
    [link] [comments]

    Efficiently hitting legs in an optimized training program

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    I'm not really a fan of following premade programs so I like to create my own and tailor them to fit my schedule and liking. I was curious if I need any other hamstring work besides sumo deads and hamstring curls twice a week. I incorporate high bar squats, hack squats, and quad extensions twice a week as well. So, it appears that my quads get more volume, but hamstrings are activated (albeit to a lesser extent) in both hack squats and high bar squats.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/deleuzoid
    [link] [comments]

    How does you best keep their shouldblades retracted during the bench?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    For some reason I find that if I go hard on bench (lots of reps and/ or lots of weight) I find that my shoulders always slip after a few reps. I wonder if I have a lack of mobility in my shoulder blades, what could increase this?

    submitted by /u/REDoROBOT
    [link] [comments]

    Casein stuck its fingers down my throat and made me say uncle

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    Having just started weight training with a degree of seriousness, I decided to try protein shakes as my diet while not the worst, isn't anything to shout about.

    Whey, it turns out, goes right through me, every time. I'm not lactose intolerant and struggle to imagine I'm even slightly sensitive because I've eaten dairy all my life like it's going out of fashion, but whatever the cause when I drink it my toilet looks like Emily Deschanel should be reassembling a skeleton out of it.

    So I moved onto casein from the same brand (PBN), and that problem has gone. But whereas the whey mixed very well with water, the casein doesn't. It ends up in two layers in my shaker, with a mountain of foam which always makes me want to hurl, it covers the whole shaker in a horrible film, and it has a nasty grainy texture.

    Gonna try more water than advised on the packet today, but while I'm not expecting haute cuisine from powdered protein, it would be nice to have something that I can drink without retching.

    Or in the alternative know of a food it mixes well with. I'm hesitant to experiment with cooking because I don't want to ruin a perfectly good bowl of pasta, and despite googling I haven't seen others moaning about the problems above. Loads of people talk about intolerance to whey, but I haven't seen anyone moan about casein sticking its fingers up to good taste.

    Am I just doing it wrong? is there a trick? Is it the brand? Am I better off just ditching it and trying a vegan type? Has anyone else been here? Has casein ever been referred to the Hague because I feel certain there must be some human rights abuses in its past?

    submitted by /u/PurpleChris
    [link] [comments]

    Losing excess bodyfat

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Hi there, im a 15 year old boy who wants to lose some fat. I am not particularly overweight (im 5'9 or 175 and weigh 160 pounds or 73kg) I just want to lose some fat and build some mussle during summer break so any tips for what types of workouts i can do (i might have acess to a gym later on)

    submitted by /u/Kirunaren
    [link] [comments]

    Farmers carry with one heavy dumbell ?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    Apartment let me borrow a 50 pound dumbell. Its a bit heavy for me to do any presses. Can I do a farmers carry using two hands for it?

    submitted by /u/MooseHound20
    [link] [comments]

    How much calories did you burn as a kid?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    I thought it would be interesting to see how much calories we all used to burn as a kid. I will go first

    I will use my weight and Height right now to calculate it. Weight:158lb Height 6ft

    3 hours of basketball = 700x3=2100 calories

    Swimming pool fun= 2 hours at 700=1400

    Baseball 1 hour=380 calories

    Total calorie burned for the day= 2100+1400+380+673(for daily calorie burn)=4553 calories a day!

    What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/Peachbubble1
    [link] [comments]

    I hate switching programs and I want one I can do "forever"

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    I just hate doing new programs. I'm new ish to working out but I like the program PPL 3 days a week. I want a 3 day program that I can keep doing a few core exercises with some accessories I can switch around with. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Graddar
    [link] [comments]

    Need help 14M

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    I am 5'3 right now, and I was at 120 but I've dropped to 105 in the past couple months, mainly by having a calorie deficit by eating less + cardio. I'm noticeably less fatter in areas like my legs and arms but I still have a lot of stomach and chest fat. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or do I need to lose more weight?

    submitted by /u/kajimiiii
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment