• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 13, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 13, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 13, 2020

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Cable fly vs Pec deck

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Which do you prefer? Is one better for muscle growth? I personally do cable flys because I prefer the fluidity of the cables but I don't know if I'm missing out on the machine or not

    submitted by /u/yung_senpa1
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Bar hits the knees while deadlifting?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Basically every time I go down while deadlifting, the bar collides with my knees. While it's manageable, it's causing some minor bruising that's getting progressively worse. Is that just a simple part of deadlifting, or am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/pm_me_some_kitties2
    [link] [comments]

    If you could tell your pre-fitness/gym self something you learned along the way, what would it be?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Looking for some answer you may or may not fond in beginners guides. Super exited to start going to the gym and get fit next week!

    submitted by /u/The4rsonist
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner Ab Programme

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    So I've been weight lifting for about 4 years and have made some decent gains and I have never really cared about core strength. I am now cutting for the first time and I thought doing some core would be a breeze. Tried some core excersies, hanging leg raises and similar things and I could barely get one rep out. Even doing lying leg raises I really felt my lower back as my core was so weak. And being 6'5 I feel like my legs are so long it's even more harder

    I know lots of core excersies but im looking for a good plan and structure for a beginner programme that will eventually lead me to do more advanced lifts. Thank you

    submitted by /u/irish11111111
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difficulty levels on a row machine and on a stationary bike that can simulate the difficulty of waves and biking against wind?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    10 days ago I joined a gym for the first time. It was awesome running on the treadmill, then I used the stationary bike but my tailbone was hurting like a bitch. Yesterday I used the row machine.

    The row machine had 15 difficulty levels. I did 2 km in 30 minutes at levels 7 or 8 which was 500 strokes, it was my first time so I know it's nothing great. Would maximum level be the realistic difficulty or keep it at level 10? I know past certain level, they add extra levels on these machines for people who want to go extra hard 100%

    This row machine was silence and didn't need electricity. It didn't have the difficulty levels on the wheel side going up and down from 1 to 10 like Concept 2 models, it was a control button under the handles from 1 to 15.

    It may sound like a stupid question, since some machines can have different levels, but I'd like to get a better approximation.

    submitted by /u/hostile-exoplanet
    [link] [comments]

    Weightlifting vs body weight

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    Is weightlifting that much more effective than body weight fitness; personally I'm self conscious about going to the gym and always have been, even if I wanted to most of the gyms near me are still closed.

    If I purely stuck to calisthenics would it be really ineffective compared to weight lifting. I've always seen weightlifting transformations that have been done in a relatively short period of time but most individuals that do body weight don't seem that muscular, I don't know if this is due to their being less body weight focused people or it's nothing compared to lifting weights.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/PuzzleMastr
    [link] [comments]

    I want to see/read a real explicit story about a normoponderal person getting a healthy body

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    I am doing some research (it's been a while actually) about the facts behind getting fit. Not those huge transformations that appear on the TV shows but the body transformation that usually normoponderal people wish to get. You know, loosing some fat first, especially from some areas and than gaining muscle mass. I just can't find a real story about the process. I know that is different for every type of body but I just want a real story with all the struggling, all that the things that didn't or did work for that person. All I can find are long stories that tells you nothing and a lot of diets or exercises that only a gym trainer could do. I am looking for a normal person who got a healthy body and started as a begginer at eating healthy and doing any kind of sport.

    submitted by /u/Pretend_Evidence
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure what I need to do

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    Hi, I (27M 6ft 165 pounds) am struggleing with the kind of calories I need to aim for, I have no definition on my stomach however my arms are not too bad. I basically have a 'normal' physique but would like to be able to see my abs again...

    Putting it simply i know I need to lose the fat but I don't exactly weigh a lot so I'm not sure if I need to cut and train (cardio and weights) or maintain calories and train because i dont really need to lose the weight. Any help is appreciated!

    (I hope this is enough info, if not I apologize!)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BeansOnToast11221122
    [link] [comments]

    I can somehow only do LESS than before... why?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    About half a year ago I used to be able to bike 2 hours at setting 9 (quite a lot of resistance on my stationary bike) with effort - but do-able. These days I struggle to bike 30 minutes at setting 7. This is odd because I've added weightlifting and strength training to my workouts - so shouldn't I be strong enough to do MORE?

    The same with weightlifting itself. I use dumbbells and last week I did 4 sets of 12 reps with 6kg dumbbells (biceps/etc/you name it). This week I struggled with this so much! It took me an hour to finish the damn set and I had to take much more breaks than usually.

    I don't understand either of these things - shouldn't it become EASIER to do difficult things the more you do them? I've been working out 4-5 times a week (the same muscle groups I'm targeting in the examples above) but I feel like, at least with the biking, I'm getting weaker.

    Can someone explain this? Is there even an explanation for it? What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Calathe
    [link] [comments]

    How much does each muscle weigh on average?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    We've all heard the usual thing about muscle weighing more than fat.But if you were to take the average man, how much would each of his muscles weigh?How would the chest compare to the quads and the tricep to the bicep?

    I know this changes from person to person but I just want a general idea.

    This came into my mind as I was thinking about calisthenics athletes that say that they don't train calves as they could weigh them down in certain movements, but I never really thought about how much calves weighed.

    submitted by /u/Gonella1906
    [link] [comments]

    Are mountain climbers more effective when they are performed slowly or more fast?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    If you want to work your body to the fullest, which would you want to do? Would you want to just pull one leg up, put it back, then keep alternating, or do them quickly, constantly alternating legs, which could be considered the running of mountain climbers. Which are more effective?

    submitted by /u/VGP-Lounge
    [link] [comments]

    Is running or cycling better for cardio

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    I feel like I burn more calories while running, but cycling is more fun and less exhausting. Also cycling is better for quadriceps, and running is better for calves I guess. Which one do you prefer?

    submitted by /u/makifk
    [link] [comments]

    2 in 1 exercise bike and cross trainer!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    Does anyone know a good 2 in 1 exercise bike and cross trainer I could buy in the UK, preferably one that doesn't make too much notice but we can cope with it if it does.

    Thanks, I appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/stephdsouza
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used extreme isometrics for an extended period of time and what benefits have you seen?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    I have mainly used lunges, pull-up holds, and push-up/dip holds. I have noticed I feel more fluid and mobile. Curious if anyone has seen performance benefits.

    submitted by /u/-Bryni-
    [link] [comments]

    Pectoral work outs

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    I'm 14 and I'm looking for workouts that work out more on the pecs. I don't have any weights, so I'm looking for more of body weight based work outs.

    submitted by /u/Chameleon126905
    [link] [comments]

    What exercises should I do for this?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Hey! I've been trying to find answers and Youtube videos, but my luck hasn't been the best. My question is: what should my ideal routine be/what exercises should I do to get a slimmer waist and wider hips/eliminate hip dips? I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, and my thighs are what I hate the most :( unfortunately, a lot of wider hips workouts also target building bulkier legs, which is totally not what I'm going for.

    I'm a complete beginner (as you can probably tell), so don't be too harsh. Thank you already! Any reply is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/cqbeswater
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    I have stumbled upon a video of russian guy, who states that he has developed his chest muscles (and they are astonishing) ONLY by doing dips and push-ups. Is that possible in real life? Have not seen anything like this before. What's your opinion?

    Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCL_g99wrns

    submitted by /u/workout37
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment