• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 10, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 10, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 10, 2020

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My long journey from a skinny guy to still skinny but approaching normal guy. 5’8 (25M) 120lbs to 160lbs.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Edit1: format.

    Edit2: the downside is that I ripped all my pants straight down to the asshole after the weight gain. Once at work. Yikes. Got to go home early to change, so that was a plus.

    Edit3: I used a poor choice of words. I don't really care about aesthetics in the before or after photo. I was healthy either way. I meant that 120lbs at 5'8 is just a low weight in general. I promise I'm not suffering from some weird body dysmorphia. Just trying to reach a good BMI.

    Hello,

    Nice to meet you fitness community. I want to share my journey of becoming a normal person weight.

    Let me warn you, it's not crazy impressive like some of the progress I see on this subreddit but it was a big accomplishment for me. And that's what I wanted to share.

    25M. 5'8 120 lbs to 160 lbs. 40lb gain in 9 months!

    I apologize for the lighting, I'm not a good picture taker (nor am I photogenic. Yikes.)

    Before (one photo) https://i.imgur.com/jdMeVYo.jpg

    After (two photos) https://imgur.com/a/NeiEN2r/

    Does it actually seem noticeable? I can't really tell. Maybe because I see myself every day. Lighting is bad too out here.

    I'm really not a strength guy, I'm more of an endurance guy. Please be nice about my low weights. I don't know my max, but hopefully a lil higher than the numbers below. If I want strength I should start lowering my rep range. Will do than when I reach my bulk weight.

    1 mile: 5:30

    Bench: 135lbs 12 reps for 5 sets

    Squat: 165lbs 12 reps for 5 sets. (Full ATG rest at bottom, don't bounce.)

    Deadlift: 245 lbs 12 reps for 5 sets

    I've always been really really thin. I'm not tall, but even at that height I was always light. Hard gainer, it's been a long journey.

    It's only part 1. I'm hoping to reach 170 and then slim down to 160s. Progress pending.

    Let me put a disclaimer that I didn't do things the "right way". There will be a lot of things that I did that I will get criticized for. I'm just doing what I felt like. Please go easy on me.

    I hit an abysmally low weight of 120 in July 2019. I'm usually at 130s. I was in a rough time of my life. Broke up with a good girl. Long story. But enough was enough, I wanted to gain some weight to be healthy.

    The hardest thing was simply eating enough. I hear a lot of excuses saying " I burn too much ". It turns out the answer is to just eat more.

    This was particularly difficult because as soon as I ate enough my body would gag. I took some extreme measure by holding my nose and swallowing all my food with water. 2/10 don't recommend.

    Another issue was that my body went through cycles. I don't know if there's actual science behind it but when my body gained a certain amount of weight, I would naturally not want to eat. I can starve for about 24 hrs without a craving to eat. Had to fight through that again with my waterboarding technique.

    Anyway, to the details of my journey.

    *DIET *

    Eat often. I'd eat three or four meals a day rounding to about 2800 calories.

    I'd snack whenever I could, and acquires a lot of calories through liquid. Sodas (I know bad) and protein shakes.

    I noticed a big difference when I ate protein shakes right before I slept and woke up. I didn't use a mass gainer because I figured I could get my carbs through food?

    With all my snacks and meals I was around 3200 calories daily. Sometimes more or less but that was the right amount for gaining.

    A good mental trick is to overestimate how many calories your food has if you don't know the value. Often, you end up eating more than you bargained for.

    A final note on food, eat what you like. I think the amount you eat directly affects your workout later that day.

    WORKOUT

    Ok I had two priorities that contradicted each other.

    1) gain mass through lifting

    2) be a fast runner

    I've always been a really fast runner. Noticed a huge difference when I gained the weight. I didn't run for the first 6 months. Yikes. Could barely move.

    lifting

    In the beginning, I had no idea what I was doing. I would stalk big dudes at the gym and stare at them like a creep. Some would help me out, others got uncomfortable and left. Sorry gym guy.

    After the first 5-6 months of ineffective lifting, My friend who is a gym guy showed me the basics. This is where gains would really really happen.

    We would start every workout with legs. We would sprint a mile, then do three sets of 12 reps for squats or some leg exercise. THIS BROKE ALL PLATEAUS. Something to do with HGH release or some shit. It worked. So if it was shoulder day. We would do legs first then shoulders. Painful but it made differences. NEVER skip legs. Except rest days.

    My weekly routine. I would do legs, chest, shoulders, back, arms and rest. Soreness was pretty bad but it got better with time.

    I would do 12 reps for 5 sets for a main exercise, then 12 reps for 5 sets for a secondary and tertiary exercise.

    So for example a day of chest could be:

    • sprint a 5:30 to 6 min mile
    • 12 reps x 3 sets of squats
    • 12 reps x 5 sets of bench
    • 12 reps x 4 sets of flys
    • 12 reps x 4 sets of pushups.

    Legs (didn't run on leg days):

    • 12 reps x 5 sets of front squat
    • 12 reps x 5 sets of back squat
    • 12 reps x 5 sets of that thing where you put a plate and kick your leg for your quad.
    • 12 reps x 5 sets of that thing where you put a plate and flex your hammy.

    Rinse and repeat until it sucks.

    running

    Now to the running part. Again, contradictory for mass gaining but I wanted to retain speed.

    We would sprint a mile every day as mentioned earlier and have some run days sprinkled in. I made sure to eat a lot those days.

    I run a solid 5:30 mile now. I think that's pretty good considering I gained 40 lbs! Cardio is good. I know it sounds like a bad idea but I like running. It's a part of me.

    Regarding my aesthetics, honestly maybe I'm blind but I can't see that much of a difference. I honestly look kind of thin. I don't think many people would guess me as 160. Where did all that weight go? No clue. Maybe legs.

    I'm only in the beginning of my journey. I think I'm relatively weak for my new weight. I still gotta bulk to 170, then I'll start strength training. I'm not really a lifting guy, I do a lot of body weight and running. Just trying to get healthy.

    Final notes:

    Find someone better than you at working out. Their experience is priceless. You can see all the YouTube videos all you want but it is not the same thing.

    Eat.

    Be consistent. Take this religiously. Even after the longest day of work, just go to the gym and pick something up.

    Legs.

    Sleep. I slept 9 to 10 hours every day. Mostly because I was fuckn tired.

    Eat enough protein. I don't know what is the right value. There are all sorts of formulas for how much you should eat. It varies per person. Just eat enough where you are gaining lmao.

    Finally, don't give up. It's a slow process. You'll feel good some days, bad others. It will come with time. I'm beginning to learn that now.

    Bonus: I've always had REALLY good grip strength even as a skinny person. Grip is NEVER an issue for me. I have a video of me closing a 200lb gripper. I'm sure many of you can do it, but I think it's a big feat!

    Ok well I don't know how to upload videos. I'll upload a closed picture of it for now. If I figure out how to do videos, I'll update.

    https://imgur.com/a/w3nmE87/

    Alright well thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm just beginning my journey and I hope to learn more as I go. I appreciate any feedback from this strong community.

    Wash your hands and be safe.

    submitted by /u/Afinancialloser
    [link] [comments]

    My 90 Day Transformation - 25 Years Old - 75.8kg to 63.5kg

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    Before and After Pictures

    Height: 178cm (5'8)

    Starting weight (February 8, 2020): 75.8kg, 25% body fat

    End weight (May 8, 2020): 63.5kg, 11-12% body fat

    Quick Background:

    4 years of training with weights, 3 years training boxing and athletics training growing up. Gained tons of weight after a non-weightlifting related injury as well as going on vacation to Japan where I ate WAY too much food (not even going to feel guilty about it because the food over there is delicious).

    Lifting Routine (Upper/Lower):

    Area Targeted Exercises
    Upper Body (Mondays, Thursdays) Barbell Rows 4x8, Bench Press 5x5, Lat Pulldowns Superset with Cable Rows 4x12, Lateral Raise Superset with Shrugs 4x10 and a Bicep/Tricep Superset.
    Lower Body (Tuesdays, Fridays) Squats 5x5, Deadlifts 5x5, Dumbell Lunges 4x8, Stiff legged deadlifts 4x8, Leg Raises and Weighted Ab curls.

    During this Quarantine period, I didn't have many options for equipment, so I focused on training specific movements and trying to hone in my form for all the compound lifts. I'm thankful I have a home gym set up with a rack that has a cable attachment, a bench, an Olympic barbell (and plates) and a set of 10kg dumbells which is more than enough for a good workout.

    Cardio:

    I did steady-state cardio (running on a treadmill) 2x a week from days 1-45, then upped it to 4x a week from days 45-70 adding in outdoor runs, then 7x a week on days 70-90 (taking a slight break from days 75-82, as outlined in my diet section below), alternating between HIIT and outdoor runs. No cardio session would go longer than 25 minutes.

    For each run or HIIT session I did, I would focus on progressive overload. This is something people avoid because it makes cardio extremely difficult - I did too for a very long time. Try thinking of running 2 miles at a relatively steady pace (6mph). It's doable for most people, but now imagine running that as fast as you can every single time you run. It becomes very difficult.

    I've looked through the internet for some research and unfortunately, I couldn't find much (so it's anecdotal at this point) but I think repeatedly performing explosive and difficult cardiovascular exercises has similar but heightened effects on fasting glucose levels and improving insulin sensitivity compared to weightlifting. This would cause a systemic change on your body's ability to utilize body fat as an energy source.

    On all days, I would also go for a 25-minute brisk walk which I didn't count as cardio but just something I did to help me get out of being in the house.

    Diet:

    The diet was the most important factor in this fat loss process. All my foods were low calorie but super dense foods. Examples of this would be food like chicken breast, lean turkey mince, egg whites, greek yoghurt, cottage cheese and SO many vegetables (broccolini, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms were my favourites but there is too many to put here). This sounds boring but seasoning your meats properly with various spices and adding garnishes makes a huge difference.

    In terms of caloric intake, I started off eating 10% less than my maintenance calories at the time and continued decreasing that as I began to stall and stabilise to lower calories. I did a diet break between days 75-82 to bring my Leptin and Ghrelin levels back to baseline as I felt my metabolism was starting to stabilize at calories that were too low (somewhere around 1800), something I really didn't want as I was already super low energy at that point. The diet break brought my maintenance back up to around 2200 calories, and once I started to up the ante on the HIIT and cardio, I lost a ton of fat very quickly during that last week.

    A lot of people put way too much emphasis on protein but for me, it's always been for calories. For most people, there is a 99.9% chance you're getting enough protein. Protein to me was a tool that I could use to help me feel satiated as well as its added thermogenic effect being that its harder for your body to break down proteins leading to more calories being burnt by your body (although negligible).

    Supplements:

    Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Zinc and Curcumin - a standard set of supplements to support and maintain healthy testosterone levels.

    Final thoughts:

    This was super rushed and not necessary. I did this to test myself to see what I can achieve in 90 days. For anyone considering doing something like this, a more realistic timeline would be 180 days. Many times throughout this process I was moody and just not fun to be around - all I could really think about was food and exercise.

    If you'd like to see the full video of my transformation, you can check it out here!

    For anyone that's read this, I really appreciate it. Hope you guys liked this transformation!

    submitted by /u/DukuGym
    [link] [comments]

    Is a Bench Press more difficult when using a Standard bar instead of Olympic bar

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Hi

    At my gym, when I use an olympic bar I could bench 100kg for 10+ reps.

    Now due to lockdown, i'm having to use a bench which is much more narrow and has a slight wobble. I am also using a Standard sized barbell (1inch diameter 5ft long).

    I'm struggling to do even 5 reps of the same weight using my standard barbell. Trying to find out if I have lost strength or if it is actual just more difficult to bench with a standard barbell? I was thinking the weight is balanced differently / centre of gravity is different / width of bar might make a difference?

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/StarDawgy
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I want to change my diet but im 15 and all we keep is junk in my house

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    My family aren't exactly the healthiest people. I was over weight until about 6th when I started playing football. My coaches took an entertainment in me after I could not even do 2 and a half laps around the practice field. I was the only one who couldn't. Fast forword to now I'm a freshman in highschool and one of the strongest people In there out of all grade levels. But I know I can get better if I had a better diet. Right now my diet consist of eating what everyom gives me. I'm not upset at my mom she's making a change as well but she's doing that me to diet so its iether I wear hardy everyday or I don't eat any carbs. Do y'all have any advice for what o can do

    submitted by /u/Tanner576
    [link] [comments]

    Quarterly Routines Megathread!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Quarterly Routines Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing workout routines that others may not know about which you've followed and that helped you in your fitness goals.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Calorie Surplus

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    After doing research and entering my specifications into many online calculators, I decided I should try to eat 2,200 calories per day to help reach my goals of building stretch and muscle. Of those 2,200 calories I eat incredibly clean with lots of protein and carbs. Yum.

    I workout every day for 1-2 hours. I strength train daily and do 15-30ish minutes of cardio every other day. I'm quite active.

    I don't know too much about calorie surpluses and I'm scared to gain weight. I know that when you gain muscle you obviously gain weight, but I don't want to gain weight that is fat. Can someone explain a bit and reassure me? Or perhaps give some advice if I'm incorrectly eating in a calorie surplus?

    For reference: I've been working out/eating healthy for about 7 months, I am female, 5'6, 128lbs.

    TL;DR: I don't know much about calorie surpluses and after doing research decided to start eating in one to achieve my goals (2,200 calories per day). Need reassurance I won't get fat.

    submitted by /u/fire-alarm874
    [link] [comments]

    Should I continue my cycling/walking/running?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    Some background info: 16 year old male who's always struggled being underweight through his childhood. Recently, I've developed a habit of taking 30min- 1 hour long walks around my neighborhood and I've been doing this for around a month or so. I love clearing my head with walks. I've also started to develop a habit of riding my bike during the evening. Additionally, I've also started to run the treadmill at night (maybe for around 5 minutes or so) but I'll be honest I run the treadmill since I have trouble sleeping and it helps tiring me out. My question is, are any of these 3 activities making me lose more weight than I should? If so which ones? I know I need a better diet but I also don't want to cut these activities from my life (maybe the treadmill but I'll need it temporarily) since they've helped replace my cannabis usage.

    submitted by /u/xSwagguh
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for my right side to be just as strong as my right side EXCEPT for my arms?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    I've been working out for about a month using free weights and body weight at home along with some dieting and starting to see some results, while most of my muscle growth is symmetrical on both sides, my right arm is significantly stronger and bigger than my left arm (mainly biceps and triceps), despite the fact that I've been isolating each arm when working out and doing the same weights/reps, is this normal?

    Edit: typos (including the title)

    submitted by /u/FlyFeatherss
    [link] [comments]

    Insanity

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    I would like to try insanity but , i dont understand how i use the fit test, can semone explain me please ? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/BlackRayen
    [link] [comments]

    Calories burned in a wheelchair ?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how many calories I would burn going for a 'walk' in a manual wheelchair. Will it be less than if I was just walking ? Obviously basing this on the same person going the same distance. I know leg muscles are bigger than arm muscles so you would probably think you would burn more actually walking but then you are pushing more weight when you are in a wheelchair so maybe it would be similar ?

    submitted by /u/emmaememma
    [link] [comments]

    19.5% body fat, BMI 20.8, but no muscle and very weak (20F)

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    I'm confused, very confused.

    I have a bit of an odd body shape - a mix of large and small bones. Small rib cage, very wide hip bones, small wrists, wider shoulders, etc. Due to illness, I have not been active whatsoever in a few years - only minimal walking around the house. So I don't have a lot of muscle.

    For my height of 5'10, I'm pretty small, smaller than my bmi dictates. But if it isn't muscle, where is the weight coming from?

    I am asking because I want to start working out to get in better shape, but because of this I am at a loss. looking at myself, my body seems skinny and scrawny, not muscular at all. (except for the hips, but it is literally hard bone, even though it's wide) I am considering gaining weight and then toning up a bit to look and feel better, but I don't want to look chubby or big, since by my BMI I really should not be gaining. I also don't eat very much, (not on purpose) so a normal day would contain 1 normal meal + 2 or so normal snacks. When i tried using ensure to supplement my diet for a few weeks I did start gaining weight, but have since stopped because I am not sure that I should be.

    In my position, would gaining be a good or bad idea?

    submitted by /u/bublegumheart
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like food, fitness and how I manage both dictates my life.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I escaped depression and built a new mind and body two years ago through rigorous training and stuffing my mouth with the cheapest bulking food I could find. Eggs, oats, pasta. I went from skinny fat 73kg to ripped 95kg. For about a year, the only thing I would wake up for would be the gym. I'd read research, watch videos, construct programs and make playlists all while posting about it all on Instagram and I had an absolute, total blast. Unfortunately some persisting problems made me take a break and slow down. I started going to a good physiotherapist to fix my gait, posture, all the weird pains and aches I had in my neck and hips. Thankfully, again, I managed to attack those areas and it feels like I can finally build again but it feels impossible now. I have studies, and work few days a week. Bulking seems to completely take up all the energy. It feels like every meal needs extra time to digest, time during which doing anything productive seems futile. It's a also a shitton of food overall. I lost a lot of size already and I'm at 90kg, but apparently I need 450g carbs, 220g protein and 100g fat. That doesn't seem sustainable at all. Days where I do manage to reach it I feel like I'm really inefficient. How do I manage this?

    submitted by /u/LookLikeAWitcher
    [link] [comments]

    PPL hinders me from running on off days

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Usually, I do full-body workouts with the structure of 7 exercises (2 push, 2 pull and 2 leg exercises as well as abs). Since I haven't really been enjoying these types of workouts I tried doing a 3 day PPL routine this week. The goal for this split was to be able to incorporate running and stretching on my off days but I'm basically too sore in my legs. Whenever I did full-body workouts I would be able to run the day after but since I started doing PPL, my legs are still sore as hell 4 days after the workout.

    Do you think my body is going to adjust to this kind of workouts or is running not an option if you've been going hard on your legs earlier in the week?

    submitted by /u/DankHoody
    [link] [comments]

    How should I go for training back to where I was after not working out for 2 months?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    I haven't lifted for 2 months because of quarantine, and now as the gym in my city opened I want to train back to where I was, as I'm sure my lifts are a lot lower now.

    How should I go about it?

    Should I lift a lower precentage of weight and every workout go up?

    *While quarantine I did bodyweight workouts 3 times a week

    Information about myself: I'm 16 years old, 141lbs and I have been working out for a year and a half total.

    submitted by /u/_tEqUiLa
    [link] [comments]

    Any relatively simple way to track workouts over the years?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    Was cleaning out my room and stumbled upon my workout journal from a couple of years ago.

    It's great to look back at how much progress (or not "unprogress") I've made but I wish it was easier to read through and ideally have a backup of on the computer. Is the best way to do it by making an Excel spreadsheet of some sorts and logging it there, or buying an app of some kind?

    submitted by /u/homerdough
    [link] [comments]

    Help me help my mom with her Herbalife infatuation.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Hi guys, my mom loves Herbalife and has started to sell it to friends and family. I am torn, because it's not the end of the world that she bought in to the idea that Herbalife is good. I mean at worst she is just selling overpriced shakes, right? I am trying to get to convince her otherwise, to stop selling it. I don't have a lot of knowledge about nutrition, nor do I think I am particularly good at arguing so I have been having a hard time changing her mind. I only know about things I read on the internet, and most say bad things which is why I would like to change her mind. Any help on things I could say. If I just show her the articles she will say they don't know what they are talking about or something like that. She says she has always had migraines and that Herbalife has cured those for her, which can't be true right? I mean I have no idea I just assume this is bogus because all of the bad articles I have seen. Thank you for any help.

    - A mildly concerned son

    submitted by /u/Futuremlb
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering how to alleviate sore achy muscle

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    I've been running and doing more workouts lately and super stoked! But i have this sore muscle that is so uncomfortably painful it feels like it's over-stretched rubber band. The pain in on both sides of my hips to lower abdomen. Standing/walking is so painful i just tense up. Currently laying down and if I'm completely flat it hurts so so much.

    HELP! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hungarianwinter
    [link] [comments]

    Apparatus to unrack the barbell

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I'm working out at home now (for obvious reasons) and have a squat rack as well as a dedicated bench rack. I develop tendinitis easily and my elbows have a lot of trouble especially initially unracking the weight when I'm doing bench (but ESPECIALLY close grip).

    My question is: does there exist an apparatus that has some kind of foot pedal that will help me unrack the weight before I bench?

    submitted by /u/pita_gorsky8691
    [link] [comments]

    How much should my muscles ache after a workout ?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    I'm new to working out and have been trying to do some exercises to try and tone up my body a bit. These are mainly body weight based or using resistance bands as I don't own any weights and the gyms are all closed.

    I'm not sure if I'm working out enough and was wondering how much should specific muscle groups ache after a workout and do I need to do more reps/sets or make the exercises more difficult ?

    For example I'm running 3-4 times a week sometimes speed training and sometimes time based, usually end up doing anywhere from 5-7k and after each one of these runs I'll really feel it in my legs and I'll still feel it the next day on my rest day.

    I'm not having that same feeling whilst doing strength based exercises though and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. For example when doing the exercises whether it's different push up variations, resistance band workouts, during the reps and sets I'll get to a point of failure where there's no way I can push through more reps sometimes but then after the workout the muscles I've been working will feel fine, is this normal ? Or should they really ache after like my legs do from running ?

    Should I maybe look at less reps but with more resistance or should I do more sets, I'm usually doing 4-5 sets of 10 on each exercise at the minute.

    I'm Male 5'10 168lb(give or take a couple of lbs)

    submitted by /u/EffectiveStart
    [link] [comments]

    How to progress Step Loading

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Recently I was sold on the idea of Step Loading over DUP/Wave Loading/etc, and after laying out my very pretty, mathematically simple loading principle I ended with this:

    "Start at 60%, 5x5 adding one rep to every set for 3 weeks (ending at 5x7), then jump to 70%, repeat, then top at 80%."

    Now it's my understanding that at the end of these 9 weeks, I would go and test an AMRAP 90-95% load to test strength gains for a new cycle, but it's sounding more and more like I'm falling back on the idea of Waves.

    Q: Am I on the right track, or those following step loading how do you choose to progress from week to week?

    submitted by /u/jenix105
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment