• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recommend a box/kickbox or muay-thai based aerobic video series for me?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    It would be fun to work out during the quarantine. I have martial arts experience, just looking for a quality series.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/tenchi39
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about resistance band weight meaning

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    I got some resistance bands that say they are "10 to 35 pounds". If I do an assisted pull-up using the band, how much weight am I actually pulling up? Is it my body weight minus 10 pounds or my body weight minus 35 pounds?

    submitted by /u/OinkyBob
    [link] [comments]

    Resistance - Bands vs Tubes

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Like the majority of the world, I'm looking for some relatively cheep workout gear for home and I think resistance bands are the way to go - just want to use for strength training but unsure whether to go for the continuous band or the tubes with handles?

    I don't really have anything I could wrap the loop bands round but I could use the tubes on a closed door with one of the attachments it seems...

    Any advice on which to go for of the two?

    submitted by /u/JonnyHF
    [link] [comments]

    Internally rotated right arm

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    I just woke up today and saw my right arm was internally rotated while my left one was okay. Yesterday i was doing scapular winging exercises. Is that why my shoulders now internally rotated or im just finding this out now?

    submitted by /u/Poplola
    [link] [comments]

    Workout leaderboard

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    With the recent working from home restrictions, all of my members are no longer able to workout together. Due to our profession we normally do PT everyday, if not more. I'm trying to find an app that will allow me to send out workouts daily, and have each person post their scores to appear on a leaderboard.

    I basically just want the basic functions of an app like wodify, without all of the progress tracking and/or payment assistance. The obvious catch is that I do not have a budget to purchase one of these flashy apps.

    Does anyone know of a free app that will allow me to do what I need?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/meatball_salad
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for home equipment

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    I only have a 20KG barbell with 135 kilos in additional weight plates (rubber tri-grip). I do not have a bench either.

    Are the weight plates and olympic barbell enough to do a full workout at home? Or should I look into buying a bench and dumbbells too?

    Please advise.

    Edit: I have added a bench too now.

    submitted by /u/lurker_passing_thru
    [link] [comments]

    Can I do cardio only without losing muscle mass? For how long?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    Like many of you I am facing a situation where my gym has closed, and I dont have any equipment at home. Will I lose muscle mass if I switch to cardio only for roughly the (hopefully not longer than a) month that my gym is slated to be closed? 29 M average fitness level here, if that matters.

    submitted by /u/LordDippingsauce
    [link] [comments]

    How can I effectively gain mass if I have little to no control of my diet? (Teen)

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Disclaimer: I could be an idiot but I don't believe the wiki mentions anything on if the diet is simply out of your control? If it does and someone tells me I apologize.

    At home home we simply do not keep a plethora, stockpile, or any considerate amount of food. I have buckled down and ate copious amounts of peanut butter, but I have read, and continuously see a proper nutrition based diet is essential to muscle growth and weight growth. At home my mother cooks 1-2 times a day, and that is all we eat. We are definitely not unhealthy that is simply how we eat. I acknowledge this has to change but how? Also I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem.

    I have considered getting a job for this (seriously, a man entire job dedicated to my diet lol) but I'm afraid that would interfere with my schooling (when quarantine is done). I take rather rigorous classes and I would love to gain muscle but AP physics and Calc are still more important to me.

    In good news I've learned tons recently and started a PPL workout routine! So now I just need to add corrections to my diet! Any help would be great, and if this question has been asked before a link to another thread would be awesome, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sethian24
    [link] [comments]

    Working out in the evening

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    First of alla I wanna make the statemet that I DO NOT work out if im feeling even slightly "sick" or even have a runny nose during these times.

    So, I pretty much always manage to get my workouts done before 15.00 but today Ill have to workout in the evening whick Im totally not used too. Sleep was pretty bad and I have a long day ahead of me, what are your tips for the best evening workout? The reason why I dont like working out late is because the gym usually is pretty crowded then.

    submitted by /u/finnishsauna
    [link] [comments]

    Drinking on Meal Replacements

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Hello! I am a 14 year old male and im about 214 lbs. I want to loose about 30 pounds before summer (if thats even possible) Would it be dangerous to drink only meal replacement for one week? (Water as a snack and meal replacement 3 times a day)

    submitted by /u/dylanc2682
    [link] [comments]

    Why low body fat but excessive weight

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    I am 17(M). Height is 67 inches(approx) and weight is 82 KGs. But honestly, I am not fat. There is a little belly fat which was due to no physical activities(for 2 months) during my exams. Though nowadays I am doing bodybuilding workouts daily at home.

    I wanted to know why is it? Even when I was fit before, the data was the same. Excessive weight but no fat. And despite such weight, I am the 2nd fastest short-distance runner of my school. And at the same time, I have stamina problems too.

    Some people say my lower body is very fatty COMPARED to the upper body.

    Why such weird data?

    submitted by /u/fumaxin
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when a person eats a lot of protein but not a lot of calories

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    For instance, I worked out today and what I ate 3 meals didn't have that many calories but I ate 45+ grams of protein today in those meals.

    Will I lose muscle mass?

    I have a high metabolism and am trying to gain weight.

    submitted by /u/AlphaBetablue
    [link] [comments]

    External tibial rotation help.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Hi, did some research and im 95% sure that I have external tibial rotation with my right leg. Been like this for probably the last 6-7 years. Been to a few physios, but I don't think they had the right diagnostic for the problem.(4+ years ago)

    Should I search for a good physio or is there a way that I can fix it on my own?

    submitted by /u/akizo13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment