• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: I have lost around 40lbs, now I’m hitting a plateau.

    Beginner Fitness: I have lost around 40lbs, now I’m hitting a plateau.


    I have lost around 40lbs, now I’m hitting a plateau.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    I am a 20-year-old female, 5'0" and currently around 160 lbs. When I first started, I was around 200 lbs and at my lowest weight I was 154 lbs. (I gained back those 6 lbs during the pandemic and I'm trying to not beat myself up about it!) I come from a family that is genetically short and stocky and it didn't help that I was pretty much sedentary before I started working out a year and a half ago. I gradually lost some weight with a mixture of cardio and strength training (gym strength machines and some dumbbell exercises) and haven't changed my eating habits. Although I have lost 40 lbs I feel like I just got lucky by half-assing my way there and I still have no idea what I'm doing. For the past couple of months, I have hit a plateau I can't seem to get over and I need advice on how to optimize my workout routine and eating habits.

    I have started and stopped A LOT throughout this time and I'm hoping for some advice on how to stick to a routine and eat healthier without punishing myself. I'm also hoping for advice on dieting/intermittent fasting/intuitive eating and what has worked for other people. Ideally, I would like to lose a good amount of fat and start to tone up/build noticeable muscle. My ideal weight would be around 130-140 lbs. I don't really care about looking 'bulky'. Here are some pictures so you can get a better idea of my stature/build: https://imgur.com/a/oxrczZ7

    submitted by /u/tealocks
    [link] [comments]

    Working out with one dumbbell ?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Hi I am new to working out and was wondering if I would see results with just one 10 pound dumbbell and doing various body weight exercises ?

    submitted by /u/jcc1395
    [link] [comments]

    Check out this video on supplements!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment