• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 29, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: How to have enough protein

    Beginner Fitness: How to have enough protein


    How to have enough protein

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Hi I am new at reddit and just posting for the first time so dont know if I am asking something which has been asked a lot lf times..

    The thing is I have recently started working out to get into shape I am 27 M, 1.78 m who weighs 190lbs I am a bit overweight and I have read that you have to eat around 1g of protein per pound of body weight. That would make around 190g of protein which I dont know how to incorporate in my diet. i usually have 3 eggs for breakfast thats around 18g of protein and a chickpea and tuna salad with 50g of protein or sometimes 200g of chicken breast that has maybe 50-60g protein other than that it is really hard for me to get much more protein I sometimes have a protein shake but still thats maybe 30g of protein and I am still 90g short so usually I end up having from 60-90g of protein per day only Any good way to add some more protein in my diet? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/erib-
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner exercises during quarantine?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I am a complete beginner and I'd like to know what exercises I should be doing, given that I cannot go to the gym right now and my only equipment at home is a pull-up bar.

    I started 4 days ago, and I've been doing push-ups, sit-ups, planks, pull-ups, and running daily. Am I missing any important muscle groups or exercises that I could be doing at home?

    For context, my goal is really just to get in shape. Not trying to bodybuild, just want to be more fit. I'm 5'11" and 140 lbs, so putting on weight would be an added bonus but not my primary concern. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/HairyGiraffe
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have low back pain and needed some relief while standing? Try this gentle stretching about the continuation for my Sciatica series, Standing Stretches For Low Back Pain With A Stick, a treatment plan to target Low back pain that I incorporated the Pilates based Physical therapy exercises.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Exercises but no muscle pain or visible gain

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    I've been working out with a focus on abs and glutes for over a month but never feel that I can fire up these muscles - I never feel pain after working out. Arms, legs and calves are fine.

    I've researched and tried to develop a mind muscle connection and always start glutes exercises with trying to wake up the muscles by rolling on a tennis ball. This is followed up with glute isolation exercises such as banded glute bridges, donkey kicks, clamshells, etc. I do 3x 25 reps. I also make sure to be mindful of squeezing the muscles and visualising this while working out.

    Abs-wise, I've been doing 3x25 reps of crunches, leg raises, planks, ankle touches. Again, I never feel tightness after working out the abs. No next day pain.

    Could it be that I'm just not working out enough? I'm starting to wonder if it is a mental thing, as in I'm overthinking it. I'm at a loss. Any advice welcome.

    submitted by /u/nanidanger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment