• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Beginner terrified of doing it wrong.

    Beginner Fitness: Beginner terrified of doing it wrong.


    Beginner terrified of doing it wrong.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have never been fit and the last 10 years of a desk job and sedentary lifestyle have really only made that worse.

    I want to jump in, but somethings are more difficult than others to catch onto. Even scarier, I read that practicing bad form or not working entire groups can really impact your performance, appearance and even cause major injury.

    For some one working out by myself from home and learning online, this freaks me out. I don't have any big mirrors so I am guessing at my form and some exercises seem like i can barely manage more than a couple reps.

    Particularly back and shoulders and abs.

    I was wondering, is there anything i can do, outside of finding a partner or trainer, to alleviate some of my concerns? Am I over thinking things as an absolute beginner? Should I keep just "doing my best" and hope that my weak groups start growing and making the routines easier? Or do I need to just wait until the pandemic is over and hope I can find an affordable and knowledgeable trainer?

    I want to make gains, feel better and look better- but I can't help but feel paralyzed. If anyone could provide me with any advice, I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Ser_Bearhardt
    [link] [comments]

    15 Minute Morning Yoga Workout for Beginners

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Hopeless

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I'm working out more than ever and eating pretty good, but still not losing any weight. If anything I think my stomach looks worse with stretch marks. I'm feeling so hopeless :/

    submitted by /u/NundeeNic
    [link] [comments]

    Helping My Mom Get Into Shape

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I wanted to reach out to you all and see if you had any information that I could pass on to my mom for getting started in fitness. She is in her mid-50's and has been basically sedentary for the last 6 or 7 years or so. This has taken a tremendous toll on both her physical and mental health. She eats relatively healthy, which is good but her cardio is essentially non-existent as a result of her being a smoker for several years (she has since switched to vaping).

    She has recently expressed interest in losing weight and getting active again and wants my help to do it. I am relatively active myself, but I have been an athlete my whole life so my fitness levels are well above hers. As a result, I have no idea where to even start with her. I know diet is going to be the biggest key to the losing weight part, but I wanted to see if anyone could offer some guidance on helping her get back into exercising.

    She has a bad leg as a result of a horse riding accident from when she was younger, so anything high impact like running is pretty much out of the question. She also is someone who works well with concrete plans, so ideally I would like to offer her a program that has most everything laid out for her.

    Thanks in advance for any help guys!

    submitted by /u/Malaysa11
    [link] [comments]

    A question about weight lifting

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Im not trying to be a meat heat but my natural muscle mass is going away. I have a 20lb dumbbell, i just need to know is i should have a set amount of reps, or set a timer and go for a high score?

    submitted by /u/TOMAHAWAK1999
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment