• Breaking News

    Monday, March 16, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: What do you do to maintain discipline in reaching your goal? I'm struggling to hold firm to my diet.

    Beginner Fitness: What do you do to maintain discipline in reaching your goal? I'm struggling to hold firm to my diet.


    What do you do to maintain discipline in reaching your goal? I'm struggling to hold firm to my diet.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Hey gang, I've been phyically active for years now, but it wasn't until maybe 2 or 3 years ago that I really began taking fitness seriously. All my life my goal has been to have a cut six pack, and through my journey I've really transformed my body, but the six pack has always eluded me. I think I'm probably sitting aroun 12-15% body fat, and would like to cut down to 8. I work out 4-5 days a week, and alternate every three months between heavy lifting and toning phases.

    I've tried a ton of diets and lifestyle changes, and usually can commit to them for 2 months at the longest, and while I see progress I inevitably slip back into the clutches of sugar, salt, and carbs. My friends give me a hard time, saying I look great, but all I see is the "lip" of fat sitting undearneath my bellybutton. The last vestiges of my previous chubbiness just won't go away. Admitedly, it could be worse, and at this point its less about how my body works, and simply wanting to accomplish a goal I've been pursing for a lifetime.

    I'm 28, and in the best shape of my life, but something still hasn't registered on how to conquer food to that next level of dedication. What did you do to overcome your platues? Did you struggle to get beneath 10% body fat and what did you do?

    Please, any help, advice, or stories would be much appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Osellic
    [link] [comments]

    Smolov Jr: over 15lbs increase!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    All time best:

    I hit 122.5 kg clean at a body weight of 73.4kg, this was a while ago

    Before starting: i couldnt hit 120kg which was really demotivating, i weighed 72.8kg.

    After smolov: A new all time PR of 127.5kg at a bw of 72.1kg

    I attempted 130kg and i feel like i 100% could have got it and i feel i rushed my pr attempt as i finished smolov on the 12th and attempted pr on the 15th.

    My experience:

    There was only one day on week 2 where i failed my sets where it was 10 sets of 3 reps on 107.5kg and on week 3 i had to do 10 sets of 3 reps on 112.5kg and breezed past this despite feeling like i wouldnt make it past the first set!

    I struggled with tricep/elbow pain before smolov and the increased volume definitely aggrevated it but im more aware of in what situations it hurts.

    My form genuinely got a lot better and i became more aware of leg drive as it was the difference maker on those high set days!

    Reflection: Id definitely recommend the programme, In my head i wanted 130kg it was just a beautiful number and im disappointed i didnt hit it but i definitely feel like i have it in me with more rest! If you're a beginner this programme isnt the right choice as theres a lot more you can do before you will need this to really make progress!

    Good luck guys!

    submitted by /u/SuspiciousRoad4
    [link] [comments]

    What should I be eating?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    I am 15 years old, I'm 5'6" and weigh around 129 pounds. I am just coming off wrestling season where I cut weight for 6 months (not too intense for the first few months) to get from 142 to 126. I stopped my weight cut a little less than 1 month ago. During my weight cut I was barely eating enough, let alone a teen that was doing a 2 hour strenuous wrestling practice every day. I was really feeling the effects of the cut and did not feel good.

    Anyway, so now that I don't have to cut anymore and don't have wrestling practice, how many calories should I be eating? And what's a good weight to shoot for if I want to bulk up? I also have a pretty big appetite for someone my size so I feel like I can easily over eat which is something I try to avoid.

    submitted by /u/TheOneAndOnlyGizzy
    [link] [comments]

    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    I got Rhabdo from a regular Pull workout minus deadlifts. How should I train?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    yeah, title.

    It was my first time ever in the gym. I ended up in the emergency room for 2 days as they said my condition was similar to an 'elite athlete who trained too way much'. None of the doctors could really explain how I managed to get the condition while doing a normal workout. I'm paying for the gym and I want to go back. Anyone who knows about rhabdo please help me figure out what I did wrong. Does a Pull workout have too much volume for me? Did I just go to failure too many times over and over?

    submitted by /u/billwharton
    [link] [comments]

    Heavy Deadlifts/Squatting: Expert Advice Needed

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get advice specifically from the older guys (age 30+) that have done powerlifting for multiple years. If you are younger than this or do not have this powerlifting experience, please do not give me your feedback unless you are a personal trainer/physical therapist/medical professional.

    Heavy deadlifts and squats are killing my lower back. I am using a belt, and taking proper precautions such as stretching before and after. I am sure my form and technique are good after lifting for over 4 years and seeing multiple different personal trainers.

    Once I get past 405 on the deadlift, my back just cannot take more than 1 rep at a time. And it's frustrating to me, because I know I am strong enough to bang out multiple reps in the lower 400 pound range for this lift.

    Squats are a little bit easier on my back than deadlifts, but the lingering back pain is definitely still there as is the excruciating muscle soreness in my thighs. I figured after this long I would get used to it, but nope. Rolling my legs on the roller and drinking proteins helps with the muscle soreness though.

    I guess my question is, are all the powerlifters that do even more weight than I do for these lifts in constant back pain? I feel like they have to be.

    If it makes any difference, I do have slight scoliosis. Minor curvature of the back. I figure this plays a role in my back pain, I feel like I'm the only one experiencing this. It's very discouraging.

    Are the long term effects well documented for power lifters and back pain? I do not want to be suffering later on in life.

    Finally, I went back for a physical to the doctors office this year and she says I have shrunk a quarter of an inch. Could it be due to the heavy deadlifting/squatting I've been doing multiple times a week?

    submitted by /u/Flash_Gordon_
    [link] [comments]

    Bigger Leaner Stronger Massively Changed Routine?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    I believe that there are three versions of BLS. Here, for example, is chest day in the second and third edition. These seem like noticeably different workouts, with the latter being much shorter. What is the reason for this change, and which one would you follow?

    It seems like the new version is very short, with only 4 workouts per session. That takes ~40 minutes, which seems that it may not be enough (or at least there could be more time to do more exercises).

    submitted by /u/fittttt
    [link] [comments]

    Should I worry about this slight weight gain on my fitness journey?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Long Story short I am 5'7. Starting on January 20th I weighed in at 174.2 pounds. For the first two weeks of my fitness journey I was only eating 1000 calories a day and only did cardio, no strength training at all. On February 2nd I weighed in at 166.4. After having some conversations with friends they explained that I should involve strength training and do a proper cut so my body wouldn't look strange. I started lifting M/W/F of each week very heavy and I have taken my proper marcros accordingly since February 2nd. On March 2nd I weighed in at 162, the lowest I was able to get too. Since then today March 13th, my weigh in day I weighed in at 165 pounds. I'm gaining close to a pound of week and I'm eating a deficit of 500 and tracking on myfitnesspal. I notice that my body does look better, my arms are upper body are getting bigger and defined. My question ultimately with all this information is am I gaining muscle or fat at this rate? I know I'm getting noob gains and my strength has doubled in free weights since I've started. My whole goal was to get rid of the belly fat I currently have, and I don't mind the weight gain if it's for the right purpose. Opinions people? Anything helps.

    submitted by /u/MelyMonsta92
    [link] [comments]

    Is one day a week enough for beach/mirror muscles?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    Beach/mirror muscles are not my priority. My routine consists of big, compound movements, geared mostly towards building strength, not even size necessarily.

    But, not gonna lie, little vain. Is tagging on direct arm or shoulder or calf work to the end of my workout on Fridays enough, along with the big compound movements, to see noticeable progress on the beach muscles? Or would I just be wasting time if I only do it once a week?

    submitted by /u/kbBjorn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment