• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - GZCL Method

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - GZCL Method


    Routine Campfire - GZCL Method

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: GZCL Method

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 24, 2020

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How To Make Gains Without A Gym

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    A lot of people are currently without gym access due to quarantines and lockdowns, so I wrote an article about how to go about maintaining your progress or making gains without gym access.

    To be clear, it's not a "how to set up a home gym" article (if you have the money and space for a home gym, gym closures probably aren't affecting you much), and it's not written with the assumption that you're planning on joining /r/bodyweightfitness and never going to the gym again. Rather, it's about strategies you can use to adapt "normal" strength or hypertrophy training for a period of time without gym access with minimal cost.

    Since gyms are so ubiquitous (and affordable, in most places), I think most people just haven't ever had to think about how they'd train for weeks or months without a gym. However, you can do some effective training with no equipment or very minimal equipment.

    "Push" training is pretty easy; push-ups, bodyweight triceps extensions, and handstand push-ups are all good ways to train your pecs, triceps, and delts. You can progress by increasing reps over time instead of increasing load, or you can progress to increasingly challenging variations of these exercises to increase intensity.

    "Pull" training is a little more challenging with absolutely no equipment, but is quite a bit easier if you have an over-the-doorframe pull-up bar. Without a pull-up bar, table rows are a great option, and you can add load by loading a backpack with books or other heavy household items. If there are trees nearby, you can do pull-ups on a tree branch (again, using a backpack for added resistance). And if you have some large water jugs, you can use them as dumbbells for curls.

    Lower body training is more of a challenge. Bodyweight squats probably come to mind first, but they're quite easy for people who are already in pretty good shape. However, strict step-ups (just tapping your heel to the floor, and getting no assistance from your down leg) are WAY more challenging than a lot of people realize, even if you're just using your body weight as resistance, and are easy to progress since you probably have items of varying heights around your house. Building toward pistols is also a great challenge. And if you don't have knee issues, bodyweight sissy squats can also provide a great challenge to your quads. For posterior chain training, single-leg glute bridges are surprisingly challenging, especially if performed strictly, and it's fairly easy to add load via a loaded backpack. If you have someone or something to anchor your ankles, nordic hamstrings curls are HARD.

    If you're willing to make just one purchase, you should seriously consider a set of bands. It would be impossible to list every exercise you can do with a set of strong resistance bands, because the list would include virtually every exercise you could do with barbells or machines. Bands also help you add resistance or assistance to virtually all bodyweight exercises.

    In terms of programming, progressive overload is still the name of the game. Instead of just adding more weight to the bar, you may need to be a little more creative. With bodyweight exercises, you can either increase reps, or increase intensity by building up to more challenging versions of the exercises you're doing. You can also increase weight via a loaded backpack for a lot of exercises. For band exercises, you can either add more bands into the mix, or choke up on bands to increase intensity; you can also just add reps. In general, as long as you have an objective way to make and measure progress, you should be able to maintain muscle pretty easily, and probably keep building muscle. In terms of strength, your maxes may be down a bit once you can get back under a bar, but as long as you maintained or built muscle, any strength decrements should simply be due to rusty motor patterns, rather than "true" strength losses.

    As long as you have a good idea of the exercises at your disposal, you shouldn't need to make any huge changes to a training program. Just sub out your current exercises for other exercises that accomplish the same basic purpose, probably change the set/rep scheme (for people on strength programs, you're probably going to be looking at higher rep ranges for the time being), and keep the gains rolling.

    Here's the link to the article again. The meat-and-potatoes of it is the list of exercises at the end that you can do with no equipment or minimal equipment. Most of them link out to pages or videos demonstrating/explaining each exercise. Hopefully it's useful for folks who will be without gym access for the time being.

    submitted by /u/gnuckols
    [link] [comments]

    Progress post , 26 m 220 pounds to 150 pounds (~ 100 to 68 kg) ~10 months

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    STATS :

    Height : 5'8Weight: ~100 kg -> 68 kg (220 pounds - 150 pounds)Time: around 10 monthsProgram: Reddit ppl with added exercises ( listed at the end of the post).

    Before/After : https://imgur.com/a/2YVaezj

    Bonus pics ordered by time : https://imgur.com/a/8I4OtVa

    Warning Long post ahead, scroll to the bottom for tldr:

    Around January 2019 i was near 100 kgs (220 pounds) of weight. Looking back, i always felt lethargic , sluggish and my weight was also affecting my confidence. Around May 2019, i decided to change things.

    I read up a lot about weight loss online and decided to fix my diet first (thanks reddit) and started exercising at home. Initially for the first month or so, I just cut off junk food from my diet. I still ate parathas (pan fried indian bread), and fried things at home, and consumed sugar regularly. I exercised for 20 mins everyday following a youtube video I found online. ( Link at bottom)I worked out early morning ( 7 am initially with the youtube videos)

    After about 2 months or so i started to see results. I joined the gym around this time, and started going at 6 am in the morning. I had lost around 6 kgs of weight in this time period and i decided to take my diet and dedication to another level. I focused on cutting off homemade "bad" food first. I cut off parathas (pan fried indian bread), fried sabzi (vegatables) and started focusing more on macro nutrients. I still ate rotis (regular indian bread) and cut down rice to once a day. I ate a lot of daal (lentils and legumes) , rotis(regular indian bread) and vegetables during this period. I also started working out and going to the gym during this time period. I worked out for about 1.5 - 2 hours a day following the REDDIT PPL, and made my goal to get abs. I read up a lot online during this period and realized i was still not hitting macro nutrients such as protein and started counting my calorie intake regularly. I did abs twice a day ( once during the workout in the morning , once after coming home from office). To get more protein, i took up my only feasible option, egg whites! I detest the taste of boiled eggs. I remember almost puking when i ate one ( after mixing it in a sandwich and slathering it with sauces). I increased one egg to 2, 2 - 4 and at some point i started eating 8 eggs worth of egg whites (divided into 4 egg whites per meal twice a day)

    After about 2 more months (4-5 months into exercising regularly) into the above diet i had lost around 12-15 kgs of weight. I was starting to plateau in my weight loss so i decided to up my game further. I started to eat a lot of daal (boiled lentils and legumes), vegetables and cut off rice completely. I also cut off sugar completely and added a protein shake to complete my macro goals. I added Paneer(cottage cheese) for some fat as it is needed and helped me fulfill my macros. I cut off roti (indian bread) to twice a day ( 2 roti (indian bread) per day). I started swallowing 16 eggs worth of egg whites per day to hit my protein goals ~160 g. I tracked regularly on MFP, a habit which i follow everyday

    After about 7-8 months into this diet i cut off rotis completely. My abs were starting to show at this point. To fulfill every macro nutrient, i ate a lot of daal (lentils and legumes), chole (chickpeas), rajma (beans). To fulfill my carb goals, i ate toasted brown bread grilled paneer ( cottage cheese) sandwich, or a cup of rice per day. I drank protein shakes, paneer(cottage cheese) and dal(lentils) to fulfill my protein and fat goals. My exercise and hard work was paying off as i had finally crossed into normal BMI from overweight after a lot of hard work and discipline. I stopped working out abs twice a day as it got too much, but i replaced it with walking for 20 mins during my lunch breaks in office. I gobbled down 16 eggs worth of egg whites everyday.

    For abs, I continued the same diet and restricted my total calorie intake further, and added more cardio to my workout routine. I also exercise my abs and core 6 days a week. Right now, my abs are not very well defined but they are starting to show up (15 percent bodyfat) My goal is to reach 12 percent before end of May ( that would mark 1 year) and get well defined abs. I do hanging leg raises ( progessed from supported to 12 X 3) , and weighted situps. I also do a video of athlean x on abs which is killer and is only 7 mins long!

    I did slip off / went into maintainence unintentionally in between, and i heard about the advice of adding refeeds to your workout, but i really wanted abs so i pushed myself.

    My learning:

    From being joked about, to random people coming up to me in office, in my localityand my relatives telling me that i inspire them, it has been quite a journey. I never told anyone that I was working out, and the people closest to me didn't even notice when i lost around 10 kgs (20 pounds) of weight initially. Don't do things to impress anyone else. When people started noticing, they started complimenting me and telling me that i inspire them. Some people told me that i can't keep it up for life, i just shrugged those negative feedback off.

    You do it with a goal in mind, and you do it for yourself. Nothing will get you farther than discipline. Sometimes you just need to push yourself and make it to the gym. I haven't missed a single day of workout when i was able to. If i couldn't make it to the gym for some reason, i would workout at home following a youtube video. If the gym was closed i would go for running. I did something everyday, and the only break I took was when i was unwell. Motivation is fickle, build discipline it will last you a lifetime. Also after a certain point, not going for a workout feels bad. You have to build up to that habit.

    My advice: Start slow, and build a habit. Cut off the junk, you know what it is. Diet is 70% of the game, and exercise only 30. You don't need any special diet, just track what you eat, add portion control, and switch to healthier choices. Slowly get used to your new diet. Fitness is a marathon, not a race. Don't compare your progress to others, but keep a track of your progress. Measure your weight, the scale doesn't lie. Keep working on yourself and keep improving wherever you can, and you will see results soon. Everyone can do it.

    Huge shoutout to the reddit r/fitness community. It has been my only resource. Youtube channels I watch JTS Juggernaut training system ,, alan thrall ( again heard about these from reddit ) for form.

    Jeff Nippard/ Athlean X for general fitness stuff.

    My workout routine Reddit ppl with added exercises:

    Pull:Added assisted pullups to normal pullups, recently added 2x forearm exercises supersetted with each other to save timePush:Added dips.Legs:Added leg extensions ( i dont remember this being in the ppl routine, correct me if im wrong) and farmers walkFinal Leg day:I start with a core/abs class at my gym (which lasts about an hour)

    I added a bit of the glamour muscles to the last leg day with barbell curls, chinups, triceps extension, lat raises . This kills me by the end of my last leg day ( saturday)

    On Sundays:I do limber 11 stretches and athlean x 7 mins abs. I run sometimes.

    My lifts are pretty weak tbh, but i started from an empty bar or 10kgs and i am around :60kg (~120 pounds) bench90kg (~180 pounds) dl55kg (~110 pounds )squat45kg (~90 pounds) ohp

    I do 10 mins of cardio AFTER my workout everyday.I added hanging leg raises, weighted situps to my workout ( initially i did athlean x 7 min abs twice a day at the gym and after work)On my last legs day , ie Saturday, I go for a body wrecking workout. My gym offers a group abs/core class which is brutal and lasts around an hour, after that i workout my legs as mentioned above (Final legs day)

    What im doing due to the virus: Bodyweight stuff / pair of dumbles and reps until failure. Diet is a struggle now since im not going to work. Trying to get more equipment to workout at home!

    tldr Was fat now i am not by following reddit ppl!Kinda NSFW Before/After : https://imgur.com/a/2YVaezj

    Bonus pics ordered by time :https://imgur.com/a/8I4OtVa

    submitted by /u/webistheway
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to mainly drink mass gainer shakes?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    Can I just force myself to drink about 10 scoops of mass gainer each day? Any adverse health effects? Honestly just curious, but not considering this.

    submitted by /u/Regret03
    [link] [comments]

    How to make the best makeshift squat rack?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    So with this whole virus thing going down I was just starting to feel like deathly depressed (like even more than usual) for not going to the gym, not being able to go outside, and etc etc. I don't really get the same satisfaction from doing things like push ups, body squats, and calisthenics in general don't feel as rewarding, so I spent 500 dollars on a barbell and some plates from amazon and I figured I could do OHP and deadlift easy since there's no additional equipment needed. I of course can also do curls, rows, and there's probably a bunch of more things that I could do with just the barbell and some plates.

    I have a bench that's a part of some other machine and I'm thinking of just putting some chairs and books or something so that I have a lifting point to go off of, but for the squat rack I don't know what I'm going to do yet. My parents are hounding on me about not stepping foot outside and I can't even go for a drive since my mom hid my keys, so I wouldn't be able to go to a home depot or anything like that to buy some wood/supplies.

    Worse case scenario I just use some chairs or something, but I'm pretty tall so I need something that's going to be decently high to about my chest to start of the squat.

    What do you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/moonkie888
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I workout throughout the day?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    So I'm a skinny guy and I tried doing 100 push ups every day for about 3 days and then realized I'm so sore that I can't keep going. If I were to instead do 15 push ups every hour and then increase over time after each week, would it reduce my soreness and increase muscle growth?

    submitted by /u/Regret03
    [link] [comments]

    Does where you stand during cable exercises matter?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    For example, let's say you're doing face pulls and since there's someone behind you (at the gym), you stand towards the left or right side of the machine. Does that work your left or right side more or is it still equal work on both sides? Sorry for the beginner question haha

    submitted by /u/mobambaa
    [link] [comments]

    Push/pull while lying down on side?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    I'm afraid I don't quite know the terminology to ask this question.

    We have common exercises such as push-ups and rows which move weight front to back. Exercises such as press and pull-ups which move weight up and down.

    What about sideways push and pull? I'm picturing lying down on one's side (like side sleepers) and pushing a dumbbell up, away from the body or pulling a cable down towards the body. The weight is moving perpendicular to the floor. Think of a floor single dumbbell press, but you are lying on your side (one shoulder touching the floor), instead of you back being on on the ground (both shoulders touching the floor).

    Is this not part of common exercise routines because other upper body exercises already target the same muscles? Is there no benefit/too little benefit to make this a more common practice?

    submitted by /u/noclaf
    [link] [comments]

    If I stay the same weight and workout will I just replace fat with muscle? Is this effective?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    I'm new to working out and dieting. I've done it before but only in increments of 2-3 months (depression makes it hard) with sometimes a year in-between these increments. Right now I'm starting again, I'm on week 5 and I just want to make sure I'm progressing enough and will make the most of my first year. I'm 5'9" 19 years old and weight 155lbs, I'm not sure on body fat percentage but I have some fat maybe ~18%, I eat 2,600 calories a day 43% carbs 28% fat and 29% protien. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to get good gains in my first year without bulking or gaining weight. I want to replace my fat with muscle (until I'm lean) but I'm not sure if my idea is the best way to do that.

    So is it okay for me to not bulk? Will I still gain all the muscle I should if I don't bulk?

    submitted by /u/eractnodiwonktnodi
    [link] [comments]

    Goals over the foreseeable future, Sanity Check

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    I have been lifting albeit not super consistently for the last 6 year, always made ok progress but never anything special.

    Well with everything that is happening in the world right now my gym is closed.

    I have built a pull up bar, and have some resistance bands and am waiting for a 16kg kettlebell to arrive.

    My main question is it doesn't look like gyms will reopen here anytime soon, probably 6 - 8 months.

    I had a definite goal of joining the 1000lb club by the end of the year and hopefully that's still possible.

    My last run at that goal I got 117.5kg / 92.5kg / 142.5kg (Squat / Bench / Deadlift) which would put me at a 352.5kg total or (793lb) so not super close but not too far either, I was weighing in at about 85kg then. I currently weight in at 96kg and am about 10kg off each of those numbers.

    My thoughts are that I am not going to be making much progress on these while locked out of my gym, so I should focus on cutting down to ~10% bf this would put me at about 80kg.

    I would do this slowly to maintain as much muscle mass as possible but obviously some would be lost too. If I get to that point before I can get back to the gym my thoughts are to focus on calisthenics and mobility (while cutting too).

    Then once I can get back in a gym I should have a fair bit of runway to hit the 1000lb club bulking, when I last bulked from 70kg to 85kg I did GOMAD and it took about 3 months then put on fat and muscled from there to 96kg currently.

    The idea would be to do a similar bulk (probably not as extreme).

    Does this seem like a solid idea or is there something else I should be focusing on?

    Additionally does anyone have any tips?

    submitted by /u/Machine_17
    [link] [comments]

    cycling too hard?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    hey guys! first time poster here.

    to start off, i am a 19 yo female, 5'1 in height and i weigh 192 lbs.

    i have been neglecting my health for several years now and decided to try and change my habits. starting today i have a new meal plan and am focusing on logging everything to keep track of caloric intake as my main goal is to lose fat.

    i am picking up cycling (again) as my main source of exercise, and i am riding 10 miles a day through my neighborhood, 5 days a week. for now i am trying to do this in an hour, and yesterday i did it with my max speed being 24.8 (fairly fast for not really riding in awhile) and today i did 11 miles in 1:12 (just because i couldn't hit 10 by the hour and rode till i did, making me go out of my way to get home).

    my dad believes i might be going to hard to start off, and i might end up hurting myself and not wanna ride anymore or just resent the idea of working out. truth be told i am pushing my limits, but to my understanding that is key for progress. my ultimate goal is that i reach 10 miles before 60 minutes, and once that becomes easier i will bump it up to 11 miles/hour.

    it is mostly flat lands and im using a road bike, keeping the gears at mid level intensity for now.

    am i going too hard/should i ease off, or should i keep at it?

    submitted by /u/chariswoodall
    [link] [comments]

    Need input if I should hold my weight and transform or lose more weight

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    I am male 6'6" and used to weigh 400 pounds. Now I am around 260 pounds. My bodyfat percentage is around 29% so still too high. But I am not sure if I should stay on my weight and cut to ~18% bodyfat or lose more weight and bulk up later. I am kind of scared of loose skin which I don't have at the moment and I can see myself beeing a big muscular guy.

    I really don't know what I should do.

    submitted by /u/Anf4las
    [link] [comments]

    how do i become more defined?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    so i'm a 17 year old male i weigh 155 pounds. i was wondering whats the best way to workout at home and become more defined. i used to work out 5 days a week but i stopped bc i was having problems with things that made me very self destructive and i stopped working out i wanna get back in but idk the best way to work out at home i have no weights. also i don't really wanna like become huge i just wanna look better i would not like to gain weight or eat like only chicken and rice (btw with this virus stuff chicken is not really a thing i can get a lot of so i only have protein shakes and other foods just not a lot of meat). i would really like help but i dont wanna like have to go 0 to 100 bc that's what i did last time and it sucked a lot.

    submitted by /u/alekbell1205
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to work on ?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    I've been working out for two months and I am trying to figure out what i need to focus on to "even out" or make everything proportional in my physique. Can you guys help identify and maybe suggest some workouts?

    https://imgur.com/a/QHymuQM

    submitted by /u/Vareq
    [link] [comments]

    Workout builder

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Is there an app or website that exists that I can't find via good that allows me to find a program builder with some specific muscle options.

    I'm probably not explaining so I'll try. I am an overweight mid 30s male, I used to do a reasonable amount of gym, still have good form and at home have a very dusty Power rack and free weight setup.

    I keep putting off getting back in to exercise and I want to stop doing that. Part of my excuse is I have a very weak posterior chain and really want to work on that but not get more imbalanced or do it wrong. I am trying to find a program where maybe I could point what I want to work on and it builds supersets around that for me Soni can make a work out program. I don't feel comfortable doing that currently.

    Any advice or links would be muchly appreciated

    Ty

    submitted by /u/Robot_bbq
    [link] [comments]

    If I’m starting to run and bike should I eat back the estimated amount of calories I burned?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm trying to eat at maintenance (though I only had a scale in my gym and they closed it so I just hope I'm not losing/gaining anything). Should I eat back the calories I burn in those added activities?

    submitted by /u/JohannBacurod
    [link] [comments]

    Weightlifters of reddit, how are you staying in shape without access to a gym?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    My local gym is closed. Time I would typically spend at the gym is now spent on reddit in bed. How are people staying in shape?

    submitted by /u/mcwise50
    [link] [comments]

    Full body, compound, or isolation exercises?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Hey all, I know the gyms in many places are closed but I'm asking this question so once they open again I know my shit.

    I've been working out strictly with a proper nutrition plan for about 2 months now. I have barely seen any development in my physique. I have been doing a split where I hit two muscle groups a day at the gym.

    Recently though I found out about how compound exercises and full body workouts are better for muscle gain for beginners. I am also "skinny fat". I'm really confused as to how to change my workout plan and why I'm not seeing any progress.

    My main question is, should I be changing to a full body/compound exercise workout plan and if so what should my exact workout plan be?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/neurosurgeon12
    [link] [comments]

    Running different programs on lower/upper body?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience with this?

    I like my current program well and have been using it for several years but due to injury my lower body is lacking in terms of strength (although hypertrophy wise its fine as I have been able to do accessories just not compounds so much).

    I was thinking keep my current program except replace my lower body workouts with 5/3/1 as I don't wanna do too much compounds and also to just focus on strength in my legs. My program is pretty hypertrophy oriented. Has anyone tried running two/combining two programs?

    submitted by /u/Zyvoxx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a lil advice

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Hi all. So right now I split my workout into workout 1; chest, triceps and shoulders and workout 2; back, biceps and core.

    What I've been doing is workout 1, then the day after that, Workout 2, then a day of no exercise, then Workout one again and repeat. Basically lifting two out of every three days.

    What I'd like to know is whether you think I'm working out too often. Idk if I'm giving myself enough recovery time, or if I should make it so each muscle group gets three days of rest instead of two.

    Pls let me know if I'm not providing enough info. Appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Niqq98
    [link] [comments]

    Workout suggestions wanted

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I'm trying to workout more recently and wanted some recommendations. All I have available to use during the quarantine is a treadmill and a really old exercise bike. All suggestions are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bladestorm92
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie here - Cardio / BPM question

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm new to this sub and also new to exercising in general. I'm 36(F), 5'3" and always been in pretty good shape without much need for dieting or exercise. However, I've now had 2 kids, and I can tell my metabolism is slowing down. I'm hovering around 135 lbs. or so, and my clothes no longer fit. I'd like to lose the 20 lbs of baby weight I've gained (or even 10 lbs would be nice) and just lose inches and generally tone up. I plan to start eating healthier, and lift some weights to tone. But I have no idea how to form the best cardio routine for the most optimal results. I HATE cardio. HATE it. But I know that it needs to be a part of my exercise routine in order to meet my goals. So what kind of cardio should I be doing in order to lose the inches? What should my BPM be at? Should I be briskly walking? HIIT? Cycling? Running? Does it matter? I have no idea. I just don't wanna make myself miserable running 10 miles a day at a killer pace only to realize that's not what I should be doing anyway. (But if that IS what I should be doing, then let me know.) THANK YOU!!

    submitted by /u/LilDelirious
    [link] [comments]

    Hey so bit of a odd situation

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I am trying to bulk up in the booty and hip region as well as tone up but I am banned from using weights above 10pounds max and only allowed to use what is considered "female weights" because my mom finds female weight lifters to be unattractive (stupid ik) any exercise recommendations you guys have that fit my situation?

    Thx in advanced means a lot :)

    submitted by /u/Doofenshmirtz-inator
    [link] [comments]

    Uneven shoulder blades advice

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    I have uneven shoulder blades and it messes up my bench a lot in terms of discomfort. I am doing stretches to even the shoulders out but till then is it ok to continue to bench? I could still maintain an even form but it would be putting a lot more pressure on one side of the shoulder blade.

    submitted by /u/Rich_9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment