• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 31, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 31, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 31, 2020

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How can i alter the squat and deadlift to make it harder with less weights?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    I could deadlift around 270lbs * 8 and squat 230 * 8. I have access to a barbell that can total 170lbs. Are there ways I can still do these exercises by altering them to make it more difficult? Deficit deadlifts maybe?

    submitted by /u/JYJS
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe You Should Just Quit

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Another blog article from /u/MythicalStrength that the /r/fitness population really needs to hear. Every single concern listed in this article is something I see multiple times in every daily questions post. People concerned about being genetically weak, getting injured, getting a bit fat, ect. If these are things that you are so concerned about that it interferes with your training effectively then maybe lifting just isn't for you, maybe you should quit. Or, if you refuse to do that, maybe you should stop worrying about those things as it does not help anything to do so.

    http://mythicalstrength.blogspot.com/2020/03/maybe-you-should-just-quit.html

    submitted by /u/The_Fatalist
    [link] [comments]

    Spinlock dumbell hurting my quads during press movemenets, Endplate available?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    I like to rest dumbells om my quads before going in to press movements, this hurts with spinlock dumbells. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy endplates to these type of dumbells. So that the surface wich is pressing on ur quads is flat opposed to having pointy metall pressing in ur quads?

    submitted by /u/Stigor91
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a ballpark figure for how much volume I should lift on bench for hypertrophy?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I haven't lifted in about a year but recently bought a weight set. My 1rm is about 90kg (200lbs). Would something like 5 sets of 12 reps at 40kg with a 3-5 second eccentric be enough to gain some nice muscle, adding in progressive overload?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Slabberer
    [link] [comments]

    Supination of the short head bicep

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    I am satisfied with how my arms look when I flex with the outside of them facing forward but when I flex with the inside of my arms facing forward 💪 my right short head bicep is a little bigger than my left one. To increase the size of my short head I've been doing preacher curls and concentration curls

    but if I wanted to do the kind of supinated curl where you grip one side of the weight, which side would I grip (so that the long end of the weight is close to me or pointed away from me) to focus on the short head? I'm guessing the longer heavier side should be on the inside, but I just wanted to make sure.

    submitted by /u/jackstaman78
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the best arm form for farmer's walks, overhand or underhand?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Like many people, I'm trying to find gym substitutes. One way I have cooped is that I found some car straps and cinder blocks. I have been using them for farmer's walks.

    The problem is this setup makes it so I can't do them the traditional way with my palms facing my body. Instead I have to hold them either underhanded or over handed (kind of like doing bar deadlifts). I have been walking them up and down my hilled sidewalk. I've been doing underhand up the hill and overhand down the hill.

    Which arm direction would be better? Would the direction I'm walking on the hill decided the best arm direction?

    submitted by /u/KingOfCook
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment