• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 5, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Why is working upper body much harder than Lower body?

    Beginner Fitness: Why is working upper body much harder than Lower body?


    Why is working upper body much harder than Lower body?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:43 AM PDT

    When I work my legs, I sweat alot, I feel like I'm about to die, and It just feels great. I'm really pushing myself

    But when I work my upper body, as soon as I use a weight that's SLIGHTLY challening, my muscles just say "Nope". Like It's imposible to finish my sets without resting way too much.

    I'm 90% sure that I'm just lazy. But why is there such a big difference between my lower body and upper body workouts? Does this happen to other people as well?

    submitted by /u/_ThankU-next
    [link] [comments]

    Squats

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    Ok dumb question but can I squat and deadlift in cross training shoes??

    submitted by /u/theochoashow85
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I go from here?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    A little backstory: grew up playing competitive ice hockey, but was overweight for the entirety of that time (age 8-22). In 2017, now obese, I made a change and went from 286 to 215.

    Currently: 6'4, 231lbs, literally built like Hank Hill. No, that is not a joke. There is almost no one chess fat on my arms, legs, or face. It all settles from my chest to my waist. I think the lack of muscle and size in my legs has made negative impacts on my knees. I'm just completely imbalanced.

    So my question is, do I eat in a surplus and try to put on as much muscle mass as I can while trying to mitigate fat gain? Or do I cut for a month and see what I can do about my thicc torso before trying to put on muscle? I'd estimate I'm at 25% body fat and I wish I were exaggerating when I say my torso probably accounts for 15% of that. Also worth noting that I have severe dysmorphia from my past and subsequent weight change, so gaining fat will be a harsh side effect of putting on the muscle, BUT I'm doing this for long term health. Which option will serve me better when it comes time to work on the aesthetics of my body?

    submitted by /u/tblade9356
    [link] [comments]

    How Effective are Various Press-ups for Muscle Gain Long term? (Non-weighted)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Thinking of taking press-ups out of my workout routine as I've been doing them for a while an can't seem to progressively overload them much further. Just wanted a bit of insight into the benefits of press-ups before I make the decision. I usually do standard, diamond and raised press-ups and can do between 50-60 now. Based on the research I feel like this is too high and I'm not getting much out of them.

    If I'm alreadydoing bench press, pull-ups, overhead shoulder press, skullcrushers, dumbbell rows,barbell rows and bicep curls, is there any specific benefit to doing press-ups with high reps. I know I could add weight to it but I'm also trying to find something to take out as the workout is a bit intense and I'm struggling to do it all.

    Thoughts??

    submitted by /u/ReusGotzeGuerreiro
    [link] [comments]

    Squat Everyday

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys, gained a few pounds over the last year working from home and college online and so forth, was in the gym for a year or so before that.

    I'm 23 male, going back in September. Been watching this guy on YouTube squatting every day for 600 days now, I feel really inspired.

    Didn't know what I wanted to do when I got back and the gym, and he does not have any programme himself he just followed trial and error and got fairly good at what he does.

    The question is at 90kg and idk how much body fat probably a good bit of a beer belly but nothing crazy, and at 6"1. 6"2, with nearly any muscle now to be honest, how would I go about starting a programme like this squatting everyday and adding bits and piece in between?

    How to I warm up to this? I looked online but couldn't find a lot of resources with precise weights like 80% of 50% for reps and stuff, I do not want to be sore every day, I can be a little sore if it means just trailing with the bar for a week or so you know but I do not want to be in bits for 5 days and get discouraged given it's my final year and I want to stay mentally healthy and energised with exercise to keep up with the college routine.

    Can anyone recommend anything? My pr when I was in the gym was 80 squat 125 dead and like 40 bench really weak

    Any suggestions are so much appreciated thank you so much in advance!!

    Ps. I'm looking to read Squat Everyday by Matt Perryman and Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline!

    submitted by /u/Recent_Cod_8524
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a beginner

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    I'm trying to get serious about my Fitness and looking for some tips on the best way to do so, I'm a 31-year-old male who is 241lbs, I own a treadmill and one kettlebell, I have a lot of space to try anything out, what would you recommend and where is a good place to start?

    submitted by /u/MrLoki2020
    [link] [comments]

    Is working out before bed alright for muscle development?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Is it bad to workout before bed? I'm brand spanking new to lifting weights and my mornings are already very busy. I get off work at 12 midnight which would place me at the gym at 12:20am. I also have social anxiety so this is perfect because very few others will be there.

    Say I workout from 12:20 to 1am. And then go home and have a shower and a snack or something and them lay in bed by 2am. Will this be fine for muscle development? I'm not worried about being "too amped" to sleep like some people are. I'm the opposite. Working out makes me sleepy and not amped generally

    submitted by /u/PrisonChickenWing
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Beginner questions

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    I have some basic fitness questions. They maybe obvious but I am a complete newbie. I do not do any exercise,gym or sports. I never really have besides the odd yoga class in my 28 years. I want to get fit build up my stretch and have more of a shape and tone to my body.My questions are;

    (A) Seen as I do not exercise- to start should I do something low impact like walking, yoga and Pilates to build up my fitness and strength?

    (B) I know I cannot just walk into a gym and start doing weights and will have to start with dumbells at home such as 3kg ones. How long should I practice with dumbbells before I move up in weight say 3kg to 5kg.

    (C) As women do not have as much testosterone as men, can women only naturally reach a certain amount of muscle? If so is that muscle depending on your initial natural body shape. I don't understand how some women can get really muscley and others not so much

    (D) Do you have to drink protein shakes after a workout or can you just eat a protein rich meal?

    (E) Once you start lifting weights do you keep having to do it forever because otherwise you will loose it all and return to your pre workout body.

    submitted by /u/NoSpinach1071
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment