• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Got clean, lost 50lbs doing keto, gained an eating disorder(ish) and now im looking to start gaining muscle.

    Beginner Fitness: Got clean, lost 50lbs doing keto, gained an eating disorder(ish) and now im looking to start gaining muscle.


    Got clean, lost 50lbs doing keto, gained an eating disorder(ish) and now im looking to start gaining muscle.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    I was a drug addict for my entire 20's and gained a lot of weight thought binging and sleeping when I wasn't able to be high. I got my shit together through a 12 step program and now have 3 years clean (yay!).

    I have lost 50lbs since my heaviest weight 4 years ago by following a keto diet on and off. I have struggled with staying strict and have found myself at a point now where I feel like my behavior around food looks a lot like obsession and compulsion (surprise, surprise).

    I need advice on how I can change my mindset around food to help me gain muscle in the gym. I cannot do keto at the gym, I almost pass out and throw up everytime. I am just showing up to the gym with a friend and trying to learn and put in the effort.

    My brain is telling me that whenever I eat non-keto food I am harming myself and im going to get fat again.

    TLDR; lost weight, now im flabby, scared to eat non-keto food that is necessary to go to the gym. Plz help

    submitted by /u/annbrnikol
    [link] [comments]

    Will I see the same results doing pushups and other various bodyweight chest exercises as I would doing Bench Press?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    So I am switching to bodyweight fitness for my chest soley, but I will stick to weights for other workouts. I am unable to lay on the bench (due to unspecified reasons) so I figured various types of pushups would be a good alternative.

    I know nothing can replace the effective of bench pressing but over the next month or two will I see the same level of results (strength, hypertrophy) as I would doing weighted exercises?

    So my previous routine was: 3x10 Flat bench Incline bench Floor flys

    Currently I'm doing: 3x10 pushup Decline Pushups Reverse incline pushups Underhand chest raise

    Will I see the same level of effectiveness doing the latter routine instead of my initial one?

    Is there anything I should change about my current routine, should I add Svend press? Switch out one of the exercises?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/updog2019
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys do on separate cardio days?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    Exactly as the title states, Just wanted a rough idea on how long it should be and what some of you guys do? Just run on a treadmill for 30 mins and done? or like do you rest and do another cardio workout too?

    Bonus question: also in this the first shoulder extension is just a regular dead hang, correct? If not what is the actual name for it since I can't seem to find it haha

    Edit: dumb question ik but do you change sides when you do a knee Copenhagen plank? Like 30 second on one side then 30 on the next?

    submitted by /u/Famous_Ad_8258
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment