• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 21, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: I had a shit workout and just want to rant...

    Beginner Fitness: I had a shit workout and just want to rant...


    I had a shit workout and just want to rant...

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    Tried following Nippard's Fundamental Hypertrophy Program. Yesterday was all good upperbody workout. Today was Lowerbody. I couldn't do half the movements correctly. I wasn't feeling the weight of the deadlift in the glutes hamstring area. Kind strangers were coming up to me and telling me how to do it correctly. I tried the movement again, but gave up. It just didnt feel right.

    Moved to the next workout: barbell hip thrusters. How the fuck is this a beginner workout. Day 2 lower body my ass. I was watching videos on the movement beforehand, but nothing seemed to feel right again. My neck was feeling sore, and I just felt like a twat in the middle of the room thrusting my hips upwards and awkwardly pushing the barbell off and getting up. FUCK IT. Next movement. Hip abductors machine. I had a hard time even figuring out how the machine worked. I kept lifting the holding pin when the weight was activated that made loud bangs idk wtf was going on with that thing..

    Spent like 2 hours in the gym. The only positive I'm taking out of this is that I atleast attempted to complete the day's workout.

    But I have no fucking clue how to continue with this program, if I can't even do half the exercises this guy mentions in the 1st day of a program meant for beginners.

    Just wanted to rant as I got home, and feel hopeless. Complete oppposite to how I was feeling yesterday after the upperbody workout

    submitted by /u/desidimitri77
    [link] [comments]

    How should I begin using weight machines?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    My gym has all sorts of different weight machines that I think are supposed to basically force proper form while doing certain targeted exercises. I've always been bigger but am naturally a mix of fat and muscle so using those machines without weight/minimal weight doesn't feel like I'm doing much of anything. Is there a trick to figure out what setting I should be using and what combination of sets/reps to do without having to just go to fail on each setting?

    submitted by /u/Empty-Employment-889
    [link] [comments]

    Help with choosing sweat towel/gym towel?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 02:37 PM PDT

    I'm really new to the gym and it's been hot recently so I've been sweating a lot, I've seen other people use those little sweat towels but searching for one they're all just so different. How much should I expect to pay for a decent but not overpriced one? Is there anything to look for, like should it be microfibre or something else? Thank you in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/gokottapls
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment