• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 10, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Can you lose belly fat while gaining strength/muscle?

    Beginner Fitness: Can you lose belly fat while gaining strength/muscle?


    Can you lose belly fat while gaining strength/muscle?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    I'm a (21M) 6'3 210 lb, I carry most of my weight in my belly but I'm very weak in my arms and legs.

    My primary goal is to become stronger but I also want to trim a little fat off if possible.

    If I weightlift for strength can I burn belly fat at the same time? What would the calories look like? Can you lose belly fat by working out and eating for gains?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JohansenMcStrahl
    [link] [comments]

    How many calories?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 06:43 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm confused. I've been working really hard at losing weight for the last 6 months and as of today, I've lost 55lbs(284lbs to 229lbs). I walk 6-10km/day every day while at work and playing with my kids. I also walk/run 3km/day on a treadmill. I do a very basic "total body workout" at home with 30lb dumbbells 3-4 times per week. I still eat whatever I want, just a lot less of it. Basically I have a protein shake for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and I'll eat anything including burgers, tacos or pasta for dinner. I snack on yogurt, fruit, and beef jerky. I know I'm in a calorie deficit. That's my plan. I just don't know if I'm eating too much or too little for optimum weight loss. I downloaded a calorie counter and I'm committed to keeping track. The confusion comes when trying to figure out how many calories I should be eating. I have no idea if I should be eating 1500 or 3000 calories. I would say I'm eating about 2000 calories/day right now. Can anybody tell me based on the information I gave if 2000 is good? Should I eat more or less? I know this is long, but this group has been so helpful for me. I love reading other posts. Thanks for any responses!

    submitted by /u/Bobcatt44
    [link] [comments]

    How to Increase Daily Steps?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    How do you all increase your daily steps? What other suggestions do you have besides the common take the stairs instead of the elevator, and park further away.

    submitted by /u/NextWordTyped
    [link] [comments]

    Increasing Steps

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    How do you all increase your daily steps? What other suggestions do you have besides the common take the stairs instead of the elevator, and park further away.

    submitted by /u/NextWordTyped
    [link] [comments]

    Moving on from Chloe Ting. Any ideas for a new home workout program?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    I was looking at blogilates and LEAN with Lily, but I am definitely looking for more option. I would rather not workout everyday, but I am also realistic lol. I weigh 140 and I am a 5'7" female. I like that hourglass figure, but I really just want to get healthier. I feel that it is important to note that I struggled with disordered eating for a good portion of my life, so I will not be engaging in meal plans if they are offered in the programs. I really just want to find a workout program that challenges and helps me reach my goal, but I don't want it to be a focus point of my daily life. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/saltypotato115
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you do "rest days"?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 12:44 AM PDT

    I heard you need rest days to build muscles. But people do it differently:

    • My colleague does a full-body workout each other day;
    • My brother works out every day, alternating upper and lower body;
    • The fitness apps I've been using (leap fitness group) suggests a rest day after 4 workout days more or less

    Is there a rule for that? Are each bodies different in this regard? Does it depend on your goal? How do I know what's best for me?

    For context, I'm a 29yo woman with 20.8 BMI, weak arms and no gym practice. I'd like to get fit, do pole dance, and to have zero cellulite. Been working out from home since the pandemic. Started with 20min workouts, now 60min.

    submitted by /u/coconut-sweet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment