• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 19, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: My whole body snaps and pops, will that go away naturally as I exercise more?

    Beginner Fitness: My whole body snaps and pops, will that go away naturally as I exercise more?


    My whole body snaps and pops, will that go away naturally as I exercise more?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Hi so I'm 21, I work at my computer and haven't properly moved in probably over 2 years, cliche story, I know, but I've been changing that and exercising but the thing is my whole body is creaky as an old wood door lol, my hip pops when I raise my right leg and put it back down, my left knee pops when I squat real low and then makes a shuffling sound like there's gift wrapping paper in there when I raise back up. My shoulders also pop when I raise my arms real high and put'em back down. In short: I am a mess. What I wanna know is if I should be doing some kinda stretches or specialized exercises to fix all of that or if I should just keep doing my usual cardio and strengthening stuff and the rust will fall off naturally? Also while we're here, I would like to work on my flexibility like being able to do bridges and splits and stuff but I don't know if I should do that before, during or after strengthening?

    submitted by /u/KiritosSideHoe
    [link] [comments]

    Super noob

    Posted: 19 May 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    Hey all! I just started a workout routine two weeks ago.

    I broke my tib/fib in 3 places about 3 years ago and since then the injury and subsequent rehab from it has caused me to gain about 40 pounds.

    I just started a small routine that starts with a 15 minute yoga session and ends with a 10 minute core work out. I'm trying to start small because I haven't exercised in YEARS but I wanted to start something that I knew I could stick with. So far, I haven't missed a single routine!

    I'm just wondering, is this enough? When should I consider adding more? Right now it's still pretty tough to get through both sessions without having to stop and rest for a few seconds.

    Running is out of the question for me, as my leg is too damaged from the break I suffered, and I don't have access to a gym or a pool, so I have to pretty much do everything from home.

    Any suggestions are very welcome because I have no idea what I am doing lol!

    submitted by /u/CocoXmechele
    [link] [comments]

    When to move on?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    I'm 6ft, 170lbs and have been lifting for over a year.

    I started out on a PPL when cutting as I was in the mid 20s of BF and wasn't happy with the way I looked.

    Fast forward to now, I've leaned out and gained some mass through full body home workouts by doing low weight, high volume.

    Now I'm running a strength program because I still consider myself new to lifting as such.

    My recovery is good, my cardio is good - I run once a week, and run half marathons from time to time.

    My 1RM are D:250, S:235 B:175, I haven't tested them in a month but I'm currently doing 3x5 strength training.

    My question is, when can I consider my numbers good enough to go back to a program like the PPL? I enjoyed it more and want to train aesthetics but at the same time I understand the importance of a base strength.

    submitted by /u/masterofconclusion
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for your back to feel lose after squats?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Like sorta malleable and more flexible than usual, no pain at all

    submitted by /u/Doge4269
    [link] [comments]

    Question about lifting

    Posted: 19 May 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I want to get into lifting; I'm a sixteen year old relatively fit female, and we just bought a squat rack and bench for our basement. I've been doing lots of free weight exercises and stuff, but I'm looking into buying an actual barbell with plates. Now my question is, would a standard 40 lb barbell be too heavy for me? Or should I get a "women's" barbell, which is lighter. When we were buying the rack, one of the workers gave us an estimate of all the things we needed, and a standard 40 lb barbell was there. However, my older brother says that's too heavy for me. What do u guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/nesquickcereal
    [link] [comments]

    How do I train weights and resistance cardio at the same time (in the same week)

    Posted: 19 May 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    How do I do weight training (compound lifts) and resistance cardio like endurance running, boxing, battle ropes etc in the same split? I want to keep strong and sculpted but also improve cardio and lose body fat at the same time. How should I go about this? Also I play a winter sport and to prevent injury I stop weight lifting all together during that time (about 4-5 months), any comments on that, am I doing the right thing?

    submitted by /u/Metro_3quaters
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment