• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 5, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Anxious before workout

    Beginner Fitness: Anxious before workout


    Anxious before workout

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    I want to start running, but every time I start preparing to go out, I feel anxious - heart racing, stomach feeling weird, etc. Just now, I'm prepared to go out, but I feel that I'll be embracing myself, that I won't be able to succeed... Does anyone else have this kind of feeling?

    submitted by /u/MediocreShine6529
    [link] [comments]

    beginner gym tips for muscle gain?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    i just turned 18, and have never exercised a day in my life. i just got a planet fitness membership and have gone every day (only three days). i'm so clueless, i need ANY tips you have. my form is likely terrible, i'm so weak, and not toned anywhere. i want to have more of an hourglass shape than what i naturally have and to be more toned. i also hate my back & arms because it's where my weight seems to go. for reference, i'm 18 and 5'0 weighing 115lbs and topheavy any tips will help. ALSO SORENESS! i'm dying!

    submitted by /u/spider031303
    [link] [comments]

    Help about dropsets

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    I really have an urge to do drop sets every single working set. Would it be bad if I did drop sets like that?

    Beacause I feel like I get double time under tension, a lot more volume, more reps, more blood flown to muscle etc.

    Standard 8-12 reps just doesn't feel right.

    Is there a problem with doing so many drop sets?

    submitted by /u/01032020
    [link] [comments]

    Will This Workout get me a Good Aesthetic Look?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    I'll start by saying I've always been skinny and so am definitely not looking to lose weight. I'm also not looking to become a bodybuilder or compete or anything, I'd just like to have a good aethetic body in order to be a bit more confident and attractive. Preiously my workout has involved once a workouts with high reps and relatively low weights. I've recently realised this builds muscle endurance rather than muscle strength so am looking to incorporate more muscle strength training. Please don't just refer me to a training problem or tell me my workout sucks or be a dick about it (I'm not posting this in r/fitness for that reason). I specifically built this program around myself because I like these exercises, do not wish to join a gym and currently only have dumbells as my equipment. I've had problems in the past sticking to such programs because I'm not convinced they will work/ are working. However, this program adds a lot more intensity and I'm not eating a lot more protein, which I'd neglected in the past. I'm just looking for assurance that if I manage to stick to this, it will get results and I'll look noticeably bigger. I'm aware that it will take consistency and time to get there but as long as I know it'll work eventually I might be able to stick to it.

    This is the A/B workout I am considering:

    Day A -

    1) Bicep Curls - 3 sets; a) barbell curls - 1 high weight, reps starting at 5 and increasing by 1 every 10 days (5 workouts) until doing 20 reps, then increasing the weight
    b) barbell curls - lower weight, higher reps to continue building musclular endurance
    c) dumbells curls - working one arm at a time to ensure both arms build equally

    Increasing the reps of the last 2 by 1 every 10 days

    2) Press Ups - 3 sets: a) Standard press-ups

    b) Diamond press-ups

    c) Elevated Feet Press-ups

    Increasing each by 1 reps every 10 days

    3) Plank - 3 sets Increasing by 1 or 2 seconds every 10 days, final set to failure

    4) Deadlifts - 3 sets - Increasing the reps and weight in line with the high weight, low rep bicep curls

    Day B -

    1) Tricep Press (essentially a Bench Press without the bench - not sure what the correct term is) 3 sets - mixed in the same way as the bicep curls ie 1 high weight, low reps, 1 lower weight, high reps and then focusing on each arm. Also increasing the reps and weight in the same way (can you tell I have OCD yet)

    2) Squats - 3 sets - Increasing the reps and weight in line with the high weighted, low reps bicep curls.

    3) Sit Ups - 3 sets - Increasing reps by 1 every 10 days

    For reference the program I am doing now is the same exercises each day, however only one set of each. Where weights are involved the set I'm doing is the high rep, low weight ones and with press-ups it's only standard push-ups.

    I have a few questions regarding the proposed workout:

    1) Can I continue doing these exercises on alternative days as they target different muscles or will I need to take a complete rest day? If so, how often should the rest day be? (I feel as though this is something that will cause me not to continue the workout so I'm trying to avoid a rest day if possible and continue the consistency).

    2) Am I missing any major muscle groups in this workout that will make me look silly or cause injury/ reduce gains etc.? (It already seems a lot to do to me so I'm hoping this covers most of the important muscles.)

    3) Would Dumbells and Squats benefit from a differing sets similar to those proposes for Biceps and Triceps and also doing higher reps with lower weights or should I keep these at lower reps with higher weight?

    4) As I mentioned this workout seems like it may be difficult for me to do consistenly so I was considering spreading it over 3 days instead of 2, how would this effect muscle development? Would this circumvent the need for a rest day if one was needed? And how best would you lay these 7 exercises over 3 days instead of 2?

    5) Finally, and most importantly, will this program actually get me a good looking body so that I don't need to

    I appreciate this is a very long read so thank you for anyone who takes the time to read it through. Any advice or critique of the proposed workout is welcome, however, please try to be specific and don't just say join a gym or folllow a program. Also please keep it simple, I'm not a 'gym lad' by any means and am not familiar with much of the terminology.

    submitted by /u/ReusGotzeGuerreiro
    [link] [comments]

    Swimming to get back into fitness? ... & help me make a plan, please?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Yes, I know swimming is intense, but hear me out.

    I used to be an avid runner, but stopped about 7 years ago primarily due to lots of knee pain. I still continued to do a fair bit of hiking.

    Every exercise regimen I try always results in pain in both joints and muscles... but not the good kind of soreness from a nice workout. I'll have serious elbow pain from pull ups, neck and upper back stiffness from push ups or sit ups, knee pains from squatting.

    I've heard that swimming is actually good for your joints and flexibility, and I'm curious if it is a good start to achieve my long term fitness goals. I'm incredibly weak and have lost all of my endurance from barely exercising for the better part of a decade (which I'm sure also explains some of the pains).

    My oversimplified plan is this:
    1. Start swimming -(low impact, loosen up the joints, build endurance, cardio benefits, strength)
    2. Eventually add in body-weight exercises when my joints are healthy enough- (Build more strength. Start to get more "toned")
    3. Transition into barbell training - (still continuing to swim, but to increase resistance and get stronger).

    I'm an absolute novice, so I really appreciated your help. If you can help me to develop a more detail plan with timelines and measurable goals, that would mean the world.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/moderate_plant
    [link] [comments]

    Daily workouts take too long, losing motivation

    Posted: 05 May 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    I managed to follow my New Years resolution and worked out every day for all of January and kept it going regularly for most of February, but eventually fell out of it. I was increasing the reps and trying to introduce new stuff each week to do more, but I think a big part of why I fell out of it is that it started to take a long time to do the routine, and I don't think I really want to spend more than 15-20 minutes on it if I'm doing it every day. For example:

    Week 1 Push-ups: 10-10 Squats: 20-20

    Week 4 Push-ups: 20-15-10 Squats: 25-25 Sit-ups: 20-20 Wall sit: 45sec

    Looking for advice on how to condense my workout into 15-20 minutes and still be effective. I don't go to a gym, I like to just work out in my room.

    submitted by /u/NordicTerraformer
    [link] [comments]

    No time to do a full body workout? This quick 5 minute routine fits in easily for the morning and will fire up fat burning and get your day started with full body movements perfect for quick morning exercise. Do this workout EVERY morning, it’s beginner friendly and best of all requires no equipment

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    Will High reps with lighter weights eventually build bigger arms?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I'm looking to get bigger arms to be more attractive to girls. I've been doing bicep curls and tricep presses on alternate days for a while with a 10kg dumbell and increasing the reps over time. I started with 20 reps and am now up to 63 but my arms don't seem that much bigger. I've now starting eating more protein and raised the weight to 15kg and aiming for around 40 reeps, and to slowly increase these over time. However, I see a lot of workouts recommending heavy weights and 8-12 but I don't have bigger weights at home. I'm not looking to be huge or compete or anything but will my workout get my a more aesthetic look or do I need to join a gym or buy bigger weights? Is one set of bicep curls every other day and tricep presses the other day enough to see real improvement over time? Any critique of my plan is appreciated (I do other workouts too but the focus of this question is just on arms)

    submitted by /u/ReusGotzeGuerreiro
    [link] [comments]

    FREE AT HOME Workout Challenge | Back Workout

    Posted: 05 May 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    For anyone interested, this was a nice quick article on some great TIPS for when you are starting the fitness journey.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    https://www.everyoneactive.com/content-hub/fitness/top-10-tips-beginners/

    TLDR;

    • drink water
    • set realistic goals
    • consistency
    • don't do too much too soon
    • accept discomfort
    • warm up
    • train with friends
    • figure out the time of day best for you to feel at your peak for a workout
    • create the habit (will power)
    • try new things
    submitted by /u/benactive
    [link] [comments]

    How to bulk without getting fat explained

    Posted: 04 May 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment