• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Fitness zero

    Beginner Fitness: Fitness zero


    Fitness zero

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    I am a self proclaimed fitness zero. I am a 31 year old female and about 260lbs. Due to depression, I have issues with some things, but that also motivated me to take an aerial yoga class and it was great. I can't do much in the class because I'm not very strong.

    I would very much like to improve my pull muscles and my abs. Losing weight might be nice, but I know diet is a big part of that and I have a lot of mental hang ups there. Can anyone recommend exercises or resources (apps, videos or websites) that might be able to help me?

    submitted by /u/rubberducky1212
    [link] [comments]

    Safety & General Tips for New Gym-goers

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Hey. I've never been to the gym before. The most exercise I did was simple cardio at home, though that didn't last long because I got overwhelmed with uni. But, I hope to go to the gym (hopefully persistently) when I got back to college post-corona.

    May I ask, what are some of the key safety tips as well as general tricks to know before and when going to the gym? Gym seems kinda intimidating to me. Also, what if I were to go to the gym alone? As an introvert, it's hard for me to ask others out for a workout and to help spot me. What should I do if I can't lift the weights? Basically, I am asking how can I not be part of those gym fails videos?

    PS: Gyms near my uni are low-cost, so there might not be safety rack for bench press etc.

    submitted by /u/comatose_papaya
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Home Workout Apps with progressive difficulty

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    I do not have any equipments at home and I cant work out in gyms due to the pandemic. I would like to ask for help on what apps can I use in my tablet to install. I can no longer use the nike app since it doesnt work in my tablet. Any alternatives? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/supremebluex
    [link] [comments]

    Vacation in one month! Help me get it together before then!! How many rest days do I need between weights?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    First off, I know miracles can't happen that quickly. But I'd like to tone up as much as possible by my vacation, but I'm very new to weights. My question is do I need to wait until I'm not sore to workout a specific area again, or is one day fine? For example, I worked on my bum Saturday and my stomach/arms Sunday. Both are still sore today, Tuesday. Should I wait another day? Also, is one day of rest per muscle group fine? I don't want to waste the precious days I have before my vacation.

    submitted by /u/ComparisonDue19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment