• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 30, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: I've just been on the first run of my life.

    Beginner Fitness: I've just been on the first run of my life.


    I've just been on the first run of my life.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    Aside from doing PE in school. I'm 30 and have never run or done any exercise. Ever. Last night, I put my husbands t shirt on for bed and it was almost too small, I cried. So tonight I've been out for a run. I ran on and off for 1.61km and it took 18 minutes. It was hard but I'm determined to soldier on.

    I'm a UK size 12-14 but my hips are ridiculously huge. I don't know what exercises will be beneficial to lose the fat there? The only ones I've come across are to make your hips larger and that's definitely not what I want.

    submitted by /u/tattoos_and_tantrums
    [link] [comments]

    Hold breath while weightlifting, or don't hold breath?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    Most weightlifting tips/videos/etc. emphasize that it's important to hold a full breath on the descent when squatting with weights to stabilize core/spine. I worked out particularly hard yesterday and have a bit of tinnitus today, so while asking doctor google what might be wrong, a few articles chastised "you should NEVER hold your breath while working out or lifting weights!!!" So who's right?

    I also take a deep breath and brace when squaring up for my (sumo) deadlifts, but I'm definitely not holding throughout, as usually I'm softly counting out loud while doing them. Is that wrong? I've never had this tinnitus thing pop up after a workout before.

    submitted by /u/MsQuirky
    [link] [comments]

    This is the final day of my 30 DAY ABS CHALLENGE. If you’re looking for a program to help strengthen your core I highly recommend checking out the series on my YouTube channel. Good luck and I hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Free early access to my workout app if you're interested!? (Android)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    Having taught myself app development and changing career in my late 20s, i'm incredibly proud to have had my first app approved on the Google Play Store today!

    It's a workout app that allows you to record your own voice commands, kind of like being your own personal instructor. You can use it for pretty much any kind of workout: Hiit, Boxercise, Yoga etc.

    If anyone is interested in trying it out for free - you can get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.middleton.scott.cmboxing

    Would really appreciate any feedback at all.

    submitted by /u/scott_89o
    [link] [comments]

    12 min Morning Yoga, Deep Hip Stretch, Lower Body - Tension Relief

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    Your tight muscles don't need to be stretched.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Stretching tight muscles feels good but as far as getting lasting relief from tension and tightness that's about as far as stretching will take you.

    If your stretching and not seeing lasting relief (as in you don't have to stretch anymore) check out these 2 better strategies to addressing tight muscles.

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    Is training 6 times a week to hard on CNS?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    I'm not really beginner amd training 6x week is definitely not good for beginners, but it is kinda beginner question. I'm training 3x week Upper Lower and then I usually had 3x week Martial Arts trainings to it, which can be taken as a HIIT cardio and help with the regeneration. However friend told me that, training 6x week is hard on CNS so I lowered do 2 Martial Arts days and sometimes I do Calisthenics skills instead of 1 MA day, so I basically have just 1 MA day and kick training as a warm-up on my Leg Days. My question is, if it's true or if I should be fine with 6x week training?

    submitted by /u/CalistFitness
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment