• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 16, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: For those of you who've lost a substantial amount of weight, is it easier maintaining a healthy weight than it is to lose it? Or vice versa?

    Beginner Fitness: For those of you who've lost a substantial amount of weight, is it easier maintaining a healthy weight than it is to lose it? Or vice versa?


    For those of you who've lost a substantial amount of weight, is it easier maintaining a healthy weight than it is to lose it? Or vice versa?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    I was thinking about doing keto sometimes soon in order to lose weight, as I think it might be easier to maintain a weight rather than to lose weight. Is this true or no?

    submitted by /u/CJPsalm139
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone experience a sort of nerve pain when using the barbell?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Especially when doing squats with the bar resting behind my neck. I get this shooting nerve pain around my bicep area in my non dominant arm. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

    submitted by /u/Woopscoop94
    [link] [comments]

    Bodyweight shouldn't cause low back pain or tightness...if they do watch this.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 04:43 AM PDT

    It's super frustrating to try and start a new exercise program in hopes of getting low back pain relief only to be met with chronic low back pain or tightness when doing something as simple as the bodyweight squat.

    If this is you I want to break down why the bodyweight squat is causing your low back pain/tightness and how we can fix it.

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    How to activate my lats?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    I'm fairly new to lifting. Anytime I try and do a lat pull down I just can't feel anything in my lats, i just feel it my forearms and biceps. I checked my form multiple times and found nothing wrong, I also tried increasing and decreasing the weight but neither helped. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/L0nelyC0w
    [link] [comments]

    I have a low BMI, but excess fat. I’m now trying to build muscle and want your feedback on my regime please!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    I'm 28F, 51kg/112lbs, 5ft 4/163cm with a BMI of 19.

    THIS is what I look like today.

    Since December, I've lost around 3kg/6lbs through calorie counting (1,500 per day) and daily exercise. I'm now at a low weight, but am holding some fat now. I now need to build muscle to put on some more weight while shifting the remaining fat.

    For the last 1 week, I've been working on this. Since December, I have been walking a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. Now, I also do at least 30 minutes of body weight exercises (I'm loving growingannanas on YouTube right now). I also do one 10-15 minute ab session per day (also mainly growingannanas).

    I'm now eating between 1,700-1,900 calories per day (according to my Garmin watch, I burn 1,900 on a normal day).

    My goal is to build muscle so I can burn the remaining fat and keep my weight healthy (preferably higher than it is now).

    Am I going about this the right way? Any thoughts or feedback please?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TTC1992
    [link] [comments]

    5 min Upper Back Stretches (Beginners) - targeting back pain or discomfort between the shoulder blades

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    Dumbbell Leg Workout

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Right now I can only bench and squat about 80 pounds, how do I get to lifting 45pound plates on each side.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    (had to post here because the assholes at r\fitness banned me for 7 days for asking for help.)

    Basically title, I'm 6'2 280, and have been doing cardio only for about a month. I've lost about 20 pounds and have started to lift weight using the machines and such. But now I'm finally doing stuff with plates and barbells and yesterday I felt really shitty with how little I could lift.Was only able to lift with the 20-pound plates and had to change them too 10 pounds halfway through my workout.

    I want to be about to at least use 45-pound plates so what programs or exercises should I do to be able to lift 45-pound plates in 60 days(or 30 days not sure if thats enough time)

    Thanks again, guys:)

    p.s this is the program I've been doing for about a week and was wondering if this is good or not.

    https://imgur.com/account/favorites/rRCnz I got it from this post https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/38dyy5/13_month_progress/

    And I was wondering if I can lift more than 3 days a week because right now im doing 3 days of lifting and 3 days of cardio.

    submitted by /u/DoubleBeeff
    [link] [comments]

    10 Minutes Power Yoga Flow - Power Yoga is a sequence of yoga postures that flow into one another, stretching, building strength, unwinding tight joints, and loosening up the muscles. Try this 10 minutes power yoga flow.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Going to start incorporating weights in to my exercise - limited with only 1 set of dumbbells currently

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm looking for some help/advice on what exercises to do, how many reps to start with it and how often to do this etc (I'll literally be brand new to lifting weights so currently I know NOTHING).

    I have 1 set of dumbbells of 8kg. I'm currently a student so I'm not able to afford any other equipment just yet. I'm hoping to join the gym in June when our restrictions are lifted but for the time-being I'm looking for some exercises that I can do with my current weights, specifically focusing on my core. My NYR was to lose some weight and get fitter and so far I've lost 1.5 stone (about 20 pounds) through eating healthy (relatively) and running and cycling 3 times a week. Its starting to slow down now so I want to incorporate core-focused weight exercises in to my routine. I've had a look on here and on other sites but having never been a weights guy before, I feel quite overwhelmed with it! Any help/advice would be appreciated :)

    P.S, I'm not fussed about leg/arm exercises just now, that's something I'll add when I can join a gym in a few months and when I have a better understanding of weight lifting!

    submitted by /u/MattDawg227
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth buying protein powder when lifting weights?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:48 AM PDT

    I gym almost every day. Been doing it for a year and I am kind of interested in buying protein powder.

    Some tell me it's good, others say it's bad for the stomach, gives you pimples etc..

    Will it help me get bigger/stronger? That's mainly what I am interested in.

    The gym also offers creatine and 'BCAA', are any of those good?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/serviceRstar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment