• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 12, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Insecure with what and where to start at the gym

    Beginner Fitness: Insecure with what and where to start at the gym


    Insecure with what and where to start at the gym

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:06 PM PST

    Everytime I go on YouTube or google or Pinterest and try to find "beginner gym routine for females" it's always this ultra fit 115 chick and they jump right into whatever without explanations of how to whatever. Anyways. I'm wanting to get into the gym for weight loss but I don't want to feel like a lost confused idiot bumbling around on the machines. I think there's a different vibe when it comes to females at the gym. I feel like more people are watching I don't know. I just don't want to look like an idiot and that's the only reason why I haven't gone. So if someone can give some kind of basic routine or where I can find some good content that would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/typicalFLscene90
    [link] [comments]

    READ THIS BEFORE ANY WORKOUT

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:53 PM PST

    I would like to remind everyone who follows fitness instructors and workouts on youtube to be sure to do warm-ups before and stretches after workouts even if it is not shown in the video because each workout must consist of 3 parts.

    By warming up you prepare your body for the upcoming workout. In this way you gradually raise your heart rate, increase blood flow and oxygen flow in your muscles and raise your body temperature. This helps you avoid more serious risks such as injuries and so on.

    Cooling down after your workout aims to gradually bring your heart rate and blood pressure to its normal level.During your workout, your heart rate has been pumping much higher than it does normally, and it's important to ease it back down instead of abruptly stopping all motion.After intense exercise, lactic acid builds up within your system, and it takes time for your body to clear it out. Cooling down exercises (such as stretches) can aid this process of releasing and removing lactic acid, helping to speed up your body's recovery post-workout.

    submitted by /u/FITLEGIONx
    [link] [comments]

    Shawn Ray endorsed my YouTube vid

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    Shawn Ray left a comment on my recent insta post (hayden.pb) go check it out. Plenty of tips a tricks. Not self promotion, just so happy.

    submitted by /u/hayden_pb
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner weight training

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:33 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I am an 18F, around 110-115 lbs and I am 5' 7". I have been a dancer my entire life and I am also naturally skinny, I was also a tennis player for 4 years so that kept me active for most of high school. Now in college, I do not eat enough at all as I go to school and go to work, and I definitely do not eat enough protein in a day either. It's actually pretty horrible. I am very inspired to be more active and especially in weightlifting to gain weight in muscle. My boyfriend is a gym nerd hehe and he is definitely going to help me in this but I wanted to see if anyone of my similar stature can give me some advice or tips.

    I've been thin for a while and have not ever experienced weight fluctuation in life. I am no longer super active as I just teach ballet and will sometimes work out with friends or coworkers, but not as often as I should. I don't eat enough protein, I'm looking into just buying my own groceries and learning how to cook, and invest in a good protein powder to eat.

    I have bad eating habits, not an eating disorder but I just don't get hungry and that has caused me to be tired. When I was more active I was eating so much be because of all the lost calories, now I am not as active, leading to not feeling like I need to eat. I think actually being interested an excited about this is a good step, but I always fall off and make excuses.

    Not to mention, my family is very inactive (no one is obese or anything) but they shame me for working out or just make me embarrassed for some reason. I'm moving towards not caring anymore because I'm an adult now and it's time to take hold of my own life.

    submitted by /u/Lucergooser9948
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a specific workout plan

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:14 AM PST

    I would like to be able to hold my leg up parallel to my hip both front and sideways. Does someone know what the progressions of this would look like? I've been having a hard time finding relevant information on it. My flexibility is already there and I just need to know the muscle parts.

    I can't buy anything or pay anyone.

    submitted by /u/MyBad
    [link] [comments]

    Scared To Train Core After Bulging Discs

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:19 AM PST

    It's usually those with persistent low back pain or a history of disc injury that spend more time fearing the exercises they are doing than enjoying them. It comes down to trusting that what you're doing isn't going to cause more pain or damage.

    Here are 4 Core Exercises safe for disc bulges you can do anywhere.

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    8 minute FULL BODY TABATA workout (INTENSE cardio no equipment)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:04 PM PST

    Hi there, this is one of a series of female beginner workouts. Let me know your thoughts.

    https://youtu.be/97wwY2eOfWU

    submitted by /u/RinaChoice
    [link] [comments]

    To everyone suffering from chronic neck and back pains.. read this.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:29 AM PST

    Just wanted to share my experience in managing chronic neck and back pain for close to 20 years now. I've tried almost every solution you can think of -- orthopedics, chiropractic, physiotherapists, massage sessions, yoga etc. but nothing ever seemed to work. I was desperate for a solution when a good friend recommended me these two products (am not affiliated to them in any way, just wanted to put it out there to help a fellow reddit friend) -- The first solution is a massage mat which derives its origins from an ancient Indian healing method which dates back to 5,000 years ago (https://the-orthorelief.com/products/orthorelief%E2%84%A2-acupressure-massage-mat). Simply by laying on this mat for 20 mins a day, you'll be in a deep state of relaxation, and this really helps to relieve any aches or pain from your neck, shoulder -- all the way to your upper and lower back.

    The second item that really helped me with my condition -- in particular my degenerative disks in the cervical region -- is this neck traction device (https://the-orthorelief.com/) which helps to relief pain by gently stretching your neck and spine.

    Hopefully this changes someone's life the way it did for mine :') Cheers, and feel free to reach out to me if you need any other tips!

    submitted by /u/skyultima
    [link] [comments]

    Udgeeth Pranayama yoga pose and The Omkara Chanting connects your soul with external supernatural forces with deep silence.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 12:18 AM PST

    Udgeeth Pranayama benefits us to get closer to our inner nature and protects us from many diseases. As we all know stress is the main cause of 80% of diseases. It helps fighting stress and depression by giving inner peace. How To Do Udgeeth Pranayama

    submitted by /u/NooriaAli
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment