• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: What’s the best way to start?

    Beginner Fitness: What’s the best way to start?


    What’s the best way to start?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I'm an 18M 5'7 and about 180lb. I've always been insecure about how I look so I'm trying to cut some weight before I do anything else. What's the best advice for going about this? I've been starting to watch my diet a lot more lately and cutting off soda and limiting added sugar as much as I can. I've also been limiting my carbs intake to an appropriate level. My university also has a gym I'm looking to start going to which plenty of equipments to offer. Would high intensity biking and treadmill help with this? I just want to take a small step before I do any major muscle building further down the road.

    I also have a treadmill at home that I've been sneaking in 15 minutes here and there everyday to start building my stamina.

    submitted by /u/Jespa7
    [link] [comments]

    How to workout with severe knee issues?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm asking advice on how to workout with my knee issues. I'm 18m 5'3 200-215lbs (haven't weighed recently) and I have had 4 knee replacements due to a birth defect, because of this I do not have full flexibility in my knees and cannot properly squat nor can I run at all. I'm looking to start at a gym soon and hopefully lose weight although I'm not sure how to start as I don't want to accidentally cause complications with my knees. I don't really have anyone like a doctor to ask because I just recently moved to a new country. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/scareprince
    [link] [comments]

    College recipes?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Hello! I have just (re)started my fitness journey (thanks to covid) and this time I want to be super serious about my diet. I'm not really a soda drinker so I've cut that out with ease nor am I a huge sweets person. Probably salty savory snacks and fried foods are my downfall when it comes to eating. I quit drinking milk because of my lactose intolerance but I still can cook with cheese or butter, etc. I'm really looking for some good healthy/low calorie recipes I can make on a budget that isn't just chicken and some form of pasta/rice. My monthly grocery run budget usually is in the $100-$150 range and I also have a campus meal plan that I use a lot (usually a grilled chicken and veggie burrito). Please share your favorite pocket-friendly healthy recipes with me! (Also note: the two things I just can't bring myself to eat is cauliflower and fish...trust me I've tried)

    submitted by /u/RealSlimSadie99
    [link] [comments]

    Online personal training and classes from Yoga to HIIT to Ballet

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    The platform is called Moxie.xyz. The trainers and classes are all on there. Great place to get started with some workouts in an online class setting

    submitted by /u/coutenho
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment