• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 6, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 06, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 06, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 06, 2020

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Do you burn more calories by working out in the heat?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    I've got a garage gym in Texas, so you can imagine what it's like working out with no AC and the garage doors open with nothing but me, the weight, and the sun. I actually kinda like working out in the heat because it makes it feel like I'm working out harder and doing more work. However, I'm having a hard time finding any articles or research online about whether I'm burning more calories by working out in 90 degree weather. I'm curious how many extra calories if any are being used, and how many are used at different temperatures. I would appreciate any help, and any links to articles to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dannylongshlong
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    KB halos- just a warmup excercise? Could it be done heavy to build strength/size?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    Hey all, so been looking into the halo excercise and all info online talks about it being a warm up etc.

    As it hits all 3 delts in one movement, and I do love an efficient workout, what are peoples thoughts on turning these into working sets with a decent weight?

    Undue risk of injury? Not actually very effective? Etc

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/GodGoblin
    [link] [comments]

    Does type of exercise matter so long as you're working hard enough?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    For regular people, does the type of exercise you do generally matter so long as you work hard enough e.g. if what you do achieves this from the NHS website

    Adults should:

    aim to be physically active every day. Any activity is better than none, and more is better still

    do strengthening activities that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms) on at least 2 days a week

    do at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity a week or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity a week

    I worry too much on wondering if I'm doing the "best" thing and want to just get on with it.

    submitted by /u/battlestations_1
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Exercise Routine: Bodyweight fitness and Weight lifting in a day

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Just start exercising 2 weeks ago.

    Currently my routine is:

    M, W, F: Running (C25K, Week 3)

    T,T,S: Move (phase 2)

    Sunday: Rest

    I want to add weight lifting in Move day. Is it okay to do Move Exercise in the morning and Weight lifting in the afternoon or late afternoon?

    submitted by /u/niagababe
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I losing muscle mass even though I haven't changed anything in my fitness and eating routine?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,I've been doing weight lifting for the past year. I am 30 F and I used to be quite underweight for my height (114 lbs for 5'6) and I've managed to gain some weight so far and am at 123.5 lbs. I've noticed that for the past month I am unable to keep my muscle mass and seem to not be able to add additional muscle mass to my body, even though I try hard to do so.Here's a picture from when I've managed to shape my upper body - https://imgur.com/IJZzElc
    I've been slowly loosing muscle mass since then for the past month. Nothing has changed - haven't changed my fitness routine and I haven't changed anything in my eating habits.
    I am calculating my macros and I am familiar with the ways of putting more weight on.
    I am afraid that the workouts I am doing are all the same and my body got accustomized to them and I don't stress my muscles enough in order to grow more.
    Usually I do biceps curls with dumbbells or a bar, I do different variations for triceps, I perform push ups, overhead press and bench press for my upper body but I always seem to repeat the same exercises for my upper body and maybe they don't work no more. The only thing I modify slightly is the weight.
    I'd really appreciate your advice on how to stress my muscles more and with what in order for them to grow more and shape more. As I just keep losing muscle mass and weight.
    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/paolinamm
    [link] [comments]

    Is 3 sets per muscle group, 3 times a week enough?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm an intermediate lifter, I can make linear gains on some exercises but not others. I was thinking of doing 3 sets per muscle group 3 times a week for upper body. For example, I'll have 3 upper body days, and I'll be doing 3 sets of: horizontal push, horizontal pull, vertical push and vertical pull and then 3 sets of biceps and 3 of triceps. Would this be enough to lead to gains, or do I need more volume?

    Thank you guys.

    submitted by /u/oversize_rhyme
    [link] [comments]

    Excess Calories for Muscle Growth

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    I am wanting to of course tone what muscle I have as well as grow a bit over time while losing fat at the same time. It seems to be working so far. I've found conflicting opinions as to whether or not a positive increase in calories (5-10%) is needed to grow muscle or if the body will use its own stored fat sources until down to like a 16% body fat level for a female and therefore excess calories aren't needed. So, I guess I'll just have to try and see..

    I'm just wanting to make sure I'm going to be adding the proper amount for the maximum .5-1 lb of muscle possible to be gained a month. So, if I burn 200 calories exercising for a day I would then need to add that on top of my maintenance (BMR) calories in ADDITION to an extra 5-10% of an increase on my maintenance calories, amounting to an extra 300 calories for that day on top of my maintenance (BMR)? Thank you SO much to anyone taking the time to read and/or respond to this!

    submitted by /u/IMeganElisabeth
    [link] [comments]

    Need an accountability partner

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    I'm from a small town where health and fitness isn't a popular thing. I have taken a few guys on my journey with me but I'm checking in on them all the time. I'm not trying to sound proud or anything but I need someone to raise my game. Someone to check in on me, talk macros, healthy lifestyle choices, lifting, CrossFit, running, biking etc.

    My asl (lol) is 30/m/Ohio. Would love to have someone to bounce things off of and just keep each other accountable, through texting/instagram. Basically I need a friend haha!

    submitted by /u/freese3130
    [link] [comments]

    If I drink whey isolate (fast digesting) with milk (slow digesting) does that mean my net protein intake rate will be slow as well?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    I usually drink whey with milk as a post workout drink because with milk it just tastes better plus I get a little bit extra casein but how does that get digested?

    Is it like whey will be digested fast and casein will keep getting digested slowly so you get a double combo

    Or is it like they both mix so now it'll take time to digest as casein is slow digesting so whey isolate benefit is redundant?

    submitted by /u/east_arora
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment